Notices

Old 25 Mar 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
So heís going into work and he feels Perfectly fine to do. On top of that hes been given an office to work in so he separated from the rest of the workplace.

What am I missing here? - Seems perfectly reasonable

Edit: just noticed he can if need be work from home. Puts a slightly different slant on it. Iím guessing the boss is trying to instil a back to office working environment as working from home is something that can be taken advantage of.
Even the government says that, if positive, people should stay home even though it's no longer a legal requirement to do so. Since he can work from home, it just seems weird to me that he has to go to the office, and told not to say he has Covid. He's lucky to have mild symptoms, he could infect other staff who may not be so lucky.

He still has to talk to staff as he's the General Manager.

Edited at 01:21 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Even the government says that, if positive, people should stay home even though it's no longer a legal requirement to do so. Since he can work from home, it just seems weird to me that he has to go to the office, and told not to say he has Covid. He's lucky to have mild symptoms, he could infect other staff who may not be so lucky.

He still has to talk to staff as he's the General Manager.
Yeah it's a difficult one and a policy only the company can take/implement. I guess on the other side of the coin, when the majority of people cease to test a week today nobody will know if they have covid or not... At least this situation can be vaguely managed to some degree.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have a rule that has served me well throughout my 45 years in continual employment and in just a few jobs.

As long as any instruction given by my employer is lawful, then I do as I am told and without argument.

In addition, throughout that working life, I have had less than 20 days of sickness (plus 2 x enforced Covid isolations as I work in a Hospital).

Unless I am pretty near dead, then I turn up and do as I am told, even if I think instruction given is both counterproductive and blatant stupidity. I point out my concern.. then get on with it. I do not have arguments with people Ďabove meí unless I feel that I have no choice.

Nobody likes a barrack room lawyer and they tend to find themselves unemployed.

Edited at 02:38 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

What stands out to me is sheís asked him to lie about having covid to work colleagues.
Thatís pretty disgusting.
Yes we need to ďmove onĒ as people keep putting it but at least give others a fighting chance of trying to avoid it from a known sufferer.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Iím slightly confused, you say he can work from home thatís fine. You then say he has to talk to staff as he is the general manager. How has he talked to staff from home when the staff are in work.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Iím slightly confused, you say he can work from home thatís fine. You then say he has to talk to staff as he is the general manager. How has he talked to staff from home when the staff are in work.
Team, Zoom, email, WhatsApp, like when he's working from home!

As he can't say he has Covid, it's hard from him to use these tools when he's in the office when everybody is used to talk to him in person.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Is this a GDPR issue. As I understand it the employer should tell the employees that there is a case in the office, but not actually name the individual.

Our office has done that from the start, very secretive on who has had it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Employers have a legal responsibility under Health and safety to ensure they do not put employees at undue risk. forcing people into work with a communicable disase which can and has caused deaths for me is a clear breach. If i was an employee and found out you had been told to come in I would be furious.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Employers have a legal responsibility under Health and safety to ensure they do not put employees at undue risk. forcing people into work with a communicable disase which can and has caused deaths for me is a clear breach. If i was an employee and found out you had been told to come in I would be furious.
Exactly my point. And as it's an enclosed visitor attraction, it's even worse.
Old 25 Mar 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Itís bad enough you could infect vulnerable people, but I wonder if those who say itís ok to go in if you test positive would feel the same if they caught Covid at work the week before a Florida trip, and their trip was cancelled . Pretty sure they are gonna say they would be fine with it.

I wouldnít be, as I imagine most people will be doing their best to avoid catching Covid in the week before they have to take a test to fly off on holiday .
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List