Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Apr 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Which monorail resort

We are staying at the end of October 22 and have 5 free nights that were given to us by Disney.
As price isnt an option we are looking at one of the monorail resorts.

Grand Floridian - Is it worth staying during renovations and are the unrefurbished rooms that bad now?

Polynesian - Our preference but its not available for the first night we want. Should we hold off for this. Has ever room been refurbished?

Contemporary - Its not our favourite theming but the only one of the 3 we have never stayed at. Have all the rooms been refurbished?

What would you do?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have stayed at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary in the past. If I were given five free nights, I would pick the Polynesian because I have not been there before and my liking to experience different hotels will probably trump everything else.

In your scenario, I wouldn’t have high hopes of the day I want becoming available, so I would either change my dates or disregard this one.

Of the Grand Floridian and Confemporary, both of which I have stayed at, I would pick the Contemporary primarily based on the easier walk to Magic Kingdom. Also because I would maybe be in the main building here, whereas at GF it would be an outer building.

I stayed in GF in 2019 so I presume the room had not been recently refurbished, it was absolutely fine. I have no idea where they are with the refurbishment generally. I think at Contemporary the main building rooms are all refurbished, but not sure about garden wing.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Contemporary, I've recently stayed at both CR and GF and the CR tower rooms are all done plus the short walk to MK is a big plus.

It's a choice between

or

and this is the Poly not sure where they're up to with regular rooms - this is dvc

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve done all 3 and we have comp nights so chose the poly . Mainly because I was outvoted though. I can be busy though and not as much as a relaxed vibe as the other two . The gf is stunning as well , not stuffy and some great dining options and a great pool . I love the contemporary , the rooms are huge even on the garden wing and it’s just a fabulous hotel overall and the walk to mk .
To be fair the yacht is beautiful ( we were let down badly with the room though and the way Disney handled it ) and you can’t beat it’s location if you did fancy epcot side .
It’s a tough choice especially when it’s free lol.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
To be fair the yacht is beautiful ( we were let down badly with the room though and the way Disney handled it ) and you can’t beat it’s location if you did fancy epcot side.
Sounds like our experience with Beach Club, hence our 5 free nights.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Honestly it was terrible and so upsetting at the time , add in a Disney bus crash we were on as well. The yacht management were shocking but Disney came right in the end and a nice gesture . I see you went around the same time as us early nov 19.
Wonder if we will get upgraded lol or a car park/bin view
Have you picked yet ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

All Ears did a video on choosing between these three a few months ago - it might help

We’ve visited all 3 of them for meals and definitely preferred The Poly out of the three. Which is why we’ve booked to stay there for our next visit
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Same with me. I got 5 free nights because of my experience at Beach Club in 2019. I booked the Poly with them in 2020 then of course Covid hit. I'm staying at POFQ this year and planning on using the free nights next year. It'll be a split stay - 6 nights at Sapphire Falls in Universal then those 5 free nights, hopefully at the Poly.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List