Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 May 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

Saturday 7th May 2022 - Hollywood Studios.

I slept pretty much through until 5.30. Started to get up to date with the blog at 6 and then up just before 7. The girls slept really well. Beds are very roomy and comfortable.

I WhatsApp my mum and dad who are packing ready for flying out on Monday. First thing my dad asks is what the breakfast is like! When I say we haven’t been yet he asks us to send a picture as soon as we’ve sampled it.

We head down to breakfast just after 8.30. Plenty of choice, fruit, bread items, yoghurt, etc. hot items are cheese omelettes, breakfast potatoes and sausage patties and there are 3 waffle makers. Juice , coffee, hot water

We go back to the room and pack our bags. We still need to do a lot of sorting out of the apartment and will do this this evening as we need an early night. We head out for Hollywood studios just after 9.30. Like I said yesterday this is totally alien to us as we are normally at the gate 30 mins before opening but the new genie+ system totally throws everything. We don’t want to pay an additional $15 per day each as it soon starts to really add. If we could have added it in before we came for £6 per day we would have done it but our tickets were too old so we would have had to cancel those and buy new more expensive ones and then add it on. Which would have been too much faffing as be had our park reservations since last may.

We use the sat Nav to get us to the purple signs and then put our faith in the purple signs which don’t let us down. We parked at 9.53 and headed in. Again the new bag search is way way better and much more time efficient. We look at the wait times. Historically we would have headed straight to tower if terror and rock n roller coaster but the wait times got those are both 70 minutes. We decide to bite the bullet and go straight to rise of the resistance. It says it 85 mins and we join at 10.19 so we’ll see how it compares.

It’s hot today. The queue is outside and Phoebe is complaining about sweat drips! It’s running off us. Phoebe says she’s needs talc and she going to make a paste.

11.24 and we are at the preamble - I’ll take that! It was incredible - totally different to flight of passage but I would say definitely on a par. It’s a completely immersive experience. Phoebe really enjoyed it and she’s never seen a single Star Wars film. As soon as it stopped phone said ‘that was totalllly wicked’

We then head over to Star Tours as it’s only a 5 minute wait. We see a sequence that we’ve never seen before AND Jas was the Rebel Spy. Phoebe and I were cheering and I said we’re definitely getting the t-shirt. We come out into the gift shop and there is no ‘I am the Rebel Spy’ t-shirt. I ask a cast member and they no longer do them. I’ll have look on eBay. We then head back in to Star Wars land to take some photos as it’s totally amazing.

We then join the toy story mania queue which is 50 minutes. We join at 12.29 and it’s exactly 50 minutes. We had a bet that we would each be the winner and it was fairly close but jas was triumphant.
We were going to go to the pizza place for lunch but jas noticed rock n roller coaster was now 40 minutes so we walked with purpose but by the time we got there abs been to the loo it had jumped to 60 but we were now committed. We joined at 1.43 it was 55 until the pre show and exactly an hour until we were on the ride.

We came off and phone ordered herself and Ariel Apple Watch strap. The system wasn’t recognising it so there were a few phone calls made and it turns out that it’s new out today so wasn’t fully in the system.

We then finally head over to pizzarizzo and order a gluten free pizza and a kids pepperoni. When jas sees it she decides it’s far too small so then we get the regular one.
Whilst eating we’re discussing whether to head over to tower of terror and ride it no matter what the time or check out the times for mickey and Minnie’s run away train and smugglers run as these are both new rides to us. Jas looks and smugglers run is down to 30 minutes. We quickly chuck our rubbish in the bid and head in to Star Wars land which is only round the corner. By the time we reach the entrance it’s down to 25 minutes. We enter at 4.03 and it ended up being a 40 minute wait - I think everyone must have had the same idea. Phoebe and I were pilots and Jas was a gunner. It was a good ride with interactive roles - the girls were giving me daggers when we got off and I asked what was wrong. Apparently I had done everything wrong and couldn’t be trusted with role if we did it again.

We went back towards tower of terror to collect Phoebe’s watch strap. She saw a sprite jersey that she wanted and a rain coat but decided to wait as we haven’t been to the outlets yet. She did get the Ariel Pandora charm that we had seen on the ship but we’re out of stock. She was still upset that she hadn’t been able to meet Ariel in magic kingdom yesterday and now the voyage of the little mermaid show isn’t currently running and she was dressed in full Ariel get up.

We left the park and headed to dollar tree - we’re after cling film/foil, a tin opener, liquid soap and wrapping paper. I kept missing various turnings on the way and the girls were getting annoyed with me. I’m still getting used to a far bigger vehicle, driving on the wrong side and the the gps suddenly tells you to take the next left, you can’t suddenly get across 4 lanes of traffic! We finally get to the dollar tree, which should be renamed the dollar twenty five tree and everything is $1.25. I say shall we try and only spend $20? Ha! $53 later and we get back in the car. Phoebe is driving home. I sit in the back. I’m very nervous. I don’t really know why as she’s a good driver but I am a nervous passenger when I’m not in control. It’s her first time in an automatic and a left drive but she is used to a bigger vehicle. We get back without incident.

The plan had been to have an early finish and then maybe swim or sit outside and play cards but as soon as we’re in Phoebe is face timing Connor. I don’t mind, I get it, she’s young abs in love but I’d rather she just said can we try and be home by such and such so I can speak to Connor. Jas decides she going to watch something on her laptop and before we know it the evening has gone. But at five to nine they both say they’re hungry and start looking at Uber eats and get annoyed when everything is an hour wait. They end up with a snack plate each from the random things we’ve purchased.

It ends up being gone 10 by the time we go to bed and we’ve set an alarm for tomorrow to try and rope drop animal kingdom.

Only just over 15,000 steps today. Felt like we were zigzagging back and forth all day but a lot of time was spent standing in queues!

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 6 -

I wake up for the first time at 5:20 for a wee. Then back to sleep until mum comes in at 7:40 to start waking me up. I get up at 8 and the plan is to head down to breakfast for half 8 and then go to the parks whenever we’re ready. I think once Nanny and Gdog are here next week we’ll have early starts but for the few days it’s just us we can chill a bit. Down to breakfast to take some pics for Gdog to make sure he’s set up for the day. I have a cranberry juice and about 4 mouthfuls of a cherry yoghurt. I now say that I regret not eating as much for breakfast on the ship. I’m not a huge breakfast eater anyway but certainly not on a park day as I worry so much about then being ill on the rides. Thinking about it I don’t really eat much lunch either for the same reason, yesterday I had one spring roll and was then safe to do a show and then space mountain.

Back up to the room to quickly grab the bags and we set off for Hollywood Studios. We’d been adamant throughout that we weren’t going down the Genie + and Lighting Lane route and we’d just queue. At breakfast Jas looked and it was $15 for one Lightning Lane for Rise of the Resistance. Then the convo of well if that’s $15 we may as well pay the Genie + and possible get multiple fast passes!? They’re still fast passes to us please don’t hate it’s hard to change a habit of 22 years! We decide to get to the park, assess the situation and go from there!

Minimum dramas from mums driving today, she’s adjusted her seat and windows so this may have helped! Arrived at 9:55 and were ready for bag check! Through with ease and we decide we’ll head to Galaxy’s Edge first and bite the bullet and queue for Rise of the Resistance. It’s showing as 90 mins and we join at 10:19. I’m way too hot. I am sweating. I hate sweating! I never used to be a proper sweater until I used this special deodorant about 5 years ago which helped me sweat less on my underarms as I couldn’t wear certain clothes etc. now I don’t flipping sweat there but it’s running down my legs and my back 🤢 I hate sweat. I’ve used a cooling towel to soak it up and mum and Jas are judging me!

It gets to 11am and I decide I’m safe to have my roll as it’s another 50 mins before we get on but at 11:23 we’re at the front and getting ready! The theming is amazing and it was an amazing ride! Well worth the wait! I wish I was a massive Star Wars fan because the land is incredible and if they had the same dedication to The Little Mermaid, I’d be beside myself! Next up was Star Tours as this was only a 5 min wait. Every time we go on it I always hope I’m the Rebel Spy but I never am. Today as we sit down I say to Jas ooh I wonder if I’ll be the Rebel Spy and next thing I know Jasmines face pops up on the screen and it’s her! I nudge her all excitedly and she says it’s not her!? I get mum and we’re both screaming with excitement and Jas is still adamant it’s not her! After the ride we headed to the gift shop to get the Rebel Spy T-shirt but they no longer do them! All these years I felt like I could never buy one and now I can they’ve stopped making them!

After this we head over to Toy Story Mania as this is showing as a 50 min ride and was exactly that. We’d made a bet for 50c as to who would win and Jas won and is now a $ up! She had a score of 150k, mum 136k and me with a small 132k! We then decide we’ll go to lunch and then go back to Rock n Rollar Coaster and Tower of Terror but we see that Rock n Roller Coaster is only 40 mins so head there first. By the time we’d gone for a wee it was up at 65 mins but we decided we’d queue anyway on the T’s & C’s we’d ride the front as this is the only way Jas will do it. The ride was amazing as always, one of my faves and I feel quite emotional at the thought of the day I can’t hack it! Nanny I think still rode this in our 2016 trip and she was 68 then! I think it was the 2019 trip she bowed out. We’re then in the shop and Jas looked at Magic Bands again, she’s after a plain white one if anyone knows where you can get them from?! We then spot you can personalise Apple Watch straps and it was only this morning I said when I saw some others that if they had an Ariel one I’d get it! They did have an Ariel one so I made that up and ordered it, once I’d paid they had some issues authorising then order and sending it through, several calls later and it’s sorted but turns out it’s a new design out today and not officially live of their system yet!

Then finally onto lunch, at 15:10! We went to PizzaRizzo and mum and I shared a GF cheese pizza and side salad. We’d ordered Jas a kids pepperoni pizza as the size of the kids meals here are the same size as a normal meal she’d eat at home!
After it came out she sulked because it was the size of a penny so we ordered another adults meal and I ate the salad. We then decide we’ll do a show, either Muppets, Frozen or the Voyage of The Little Mermaid and then queue for Tower of Terror but say we’ll look at the wait times for Mickey and Minnie’s Railway and Smugglers Run. Mickey and Minnie was 75 mins I think but then I got confused because I couldn’t see Smuggles Run so thought it was down but it wasn’t in that section either so I re scrolled and saw it was 30 mins! I shouted “SMUGGLERS RUN IS ONLY 30 MINUTES LETS GO” quickly followed by “OH NO WE’VE JUST EATEN I CAN’T” followed again by “OH NO IT’S JUST A SIMULATOR LET’S GO! ” We hot foot it over there and it’s now showing as 25 min wait. Whilst we’re in the queue we discover that the Voyage of The Little Mermaid isn’t open!?! This results me sulking for the rest of the queue. We get to the front and mum and I are pilots and Jas a gunner. Mum is shocking at this. She has a few simple instructions to follow with her lever but she just holds it in one place the whole time so we’re hitting everything left right and centre. Once we’re off she’s convinced she moved the lever to the middle and nothing happened.

We then went to check if the Voyage of The Little Mermaid was open and it wasn’t. Asked a cast member and they said it would be closed for a while. Jas got a Mickey ice cream bar and I cried as she ate it. There’s no where to meet her as her meet and greet hasn’t re opened and now her show hasn’t reopened. I regret buying the Apple Watch strap and now don’t want it in protest! We go pick this up and I pass it straight to Jas. We then look in some other shops and I see a rain jacket and sprit jersey I liked but didn’t bring my cash with me lol. Then into the Pandora shop where we found the new Ariel charm which I did put on my card but was still savage about the show so didn’t really want to keep it!

We then headed to the car and stopped at Dollar Tree on the way home.
Mums driving was awful this journey, she didn’t listen to Dorris or us and kept asking for help with directions but then didn’t listen to us! All 3 of us ending up yelling at each other and I said I was driving home after the trauma. A few goodies from Dollar Tree including a tin opener as we don’t have one here and a giant happy birthday hat for next week! I then actually drive us home! We have 0 incidents, maybe it’s because I’m used to the size of it I’m not sure. Back into the hotel room and I quickly FaceTime Connor. I’m then freezing so get into mums bed whilst she has a bath. I waste time scrolling through insta reels and watching for salad ones. It’s then 9pm and I’ve not had a shower or washed my hair. I’ve not found a drink or the ibuprofen because I have a massive headache because I’m not drinking enough and it’s now too late for both and to get dinner. Yesterday we didn’t buy any food to make a proper meal. Mums not hungry as we ate lunch at 3:30 which is fine but I am hungry but not sure what I fancy. Nothings taking my fancy on Uber eats so unsure what I’m doing!

I end up getting in the shower and washing my hair and mum makes me a snack tea! In bed at 10pm and shattered. Today is the first day I’ve not fallen asleep in the car or sat down anywhere so I am proud of myself!

Number of times mums asked what time we joined a ride queue - 184947394830489384928
Number of times I’ve cried - 1
Number of times we’ve all lost our shiz with each other in the car - 1
Number of cheese strings eaten today - 2

See you in the AM kids x
Old 9 May 22, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Great day
Love your Ariel outfit 💕💕💕

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List