Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 May 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise.

Sunday 15th May 2022

Day 14

Today is a much needed down day although I woke up at 5 so not so great. We decided last night that we weren’t going to do a park today. Mum and dad were still going to pop to animal kingdom and do flight of passage and then head to some different shops.

Phoebe emerged at 8.30 to say that Connor was now driving home from his brother’s. His flight had been almost 3 hours late leaving.

I told the girls to be up and ready for 10.30 and then we would be at the outlet for 11 when shops open. Since Covid outlets now open at 11 instead of 10 which is a little annoying as it tends to get busy very quickly. We parked easily and headed straight to Calvin Klein. We only needed to pop in to a couple of shops and then go to Walmart and have most of the afternoon by the pool.

We went into character warehouse as this is a bigger store than the international drive one bi was very tempted by a Dooney bag but we were here to return a top that Phoebe purchased yesterday. Somehow a simple $14.99 return ended up being a $176 purchase! Jas got some lovely Christmas pyjamas so then phoebs jumped on that bandwagon an also found some xtra large youth spirit jerseys.

We decided that we’d hop over to the idrive outlet as Jas wanted some more pants but they didn’t have them here. We’d also get a five guys there. We turned the wrong way out of the exit which put us within 5 minutes of home so we decided to stop off there and drop our stuff off (no more worries about leaving stuff in cars) it was now almost 2 though, Phoe was feeling weak so had done crunch creams and Jas had a microwave pie. It must have been nearly half 2 by the time we headed back out to the international drive outlet. The sky was looking rather black and it took us nearly 10 minutes to find a parking space. We were just approaching the shops when the heavens opened along with a few rumbles of thunder. We have been very lucky as this had been our only rain. We managed to stay mainly undercover and only got slightly damp before the first shop. The rain feels so refreshing but if you get wet you then freeze in the shops.

We went back to Levi’s as this one has buy 2 get 2 free, the Vineland one is still buy 2 get one free.

Got the pants, got my Christmas present from the girls and then went to five guys where I didn’t have to queue as long as I did the other day.

We then trudged back to the car and headed to Walmart to get sweets etc as ‘bring back’ gifts. Get back to the hotel and it’s now 6pm! Where was my hour or 2 by the pool?!?! This is the downside of not having a villa - you can sneak a little bit of pool time any time when it’s just out of the patio door.

I called at reception to see if we could het a late checkout and secured it for 1pm.

Then onto the main packing. If we hadn’t been to Walmart I think if it would have all been fine and dandy. If we hadn’t have gone to 2 outlets it would definitely been fine and dandy but I was getting stressed about making everything fit. In the end Phoebe went and got nanny as nanny is a packing legend. She was slotting things in left tight and centre but it was evident we wouldn’t have enough space. She kept mentioning that she had extra space and said how much space. She replied ‘we’ve got a whole case spare’. Why was I worrying?!?

While this was going a massive storm was staring outside. We had all of the curtains pulled right back and sky was like a disco lighting up with torrential rain.

Went to bed at 9.30 with a plan to leave for Magic Kingdom at 8

Another negative test for Phoe but the skin has started to fall off her nose

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 14 -

We decide we’ll have a lazy morning and pop to the shops again. I wake up just before 8 to see that Connor’s landed safely but 3 hours after he should have because of the delays. We then attempt the pack some of the cases but give up and leave for the shops just after half 10. We got to the small outlet first and do all the shops mum and Jas didn’t do on Thursday. We go back into Levi’s and Jas gets some more jeans, she’s now got enough jeans to start her own shop. I see some matching yellow and lilac summer loungewear which are buy two get two free and a black hoodie on offer so I get the matching trousers too.

We end up back in Kate Spade but I have no idea why, but more damage is done. Jas and I get mum a matching bag and purse for Christmas but it’s gone on her card at the moment 🤣 We have a quick stop in Michael Kors as I’ve been after some pink trainers for my Christmas present but mum couldn’t find any in NYC. I found a pair I liked but they didn’t have my size, I’d originally asked for a 5.5 which was a 7.5 US but they didn’t have this or an 8 which would be a 6. She says the display one is a 7 which would be a UK 5. I asked if she had a 5 but she said she didn’t!? I waited for mum and Jas to join so she could go in and ask. I tried the display one on and they still said they didn’t have any in my size. Mum said well we’ll take this one then please and she reluctantly went and got the other one. I also picked up a purse which I got with some bday money.

Another stop in the Character Warehouse as I needed to take a top back but end up exchanging this for more goodies. I almost pass out in here so go outside and shove a roll down me but that does nothing so then eat 3 chocolates and start to feel normal again. We pop into a few more shops but don’t see or need anything we fancy. We’re then back in the car to head to the other outlet as Jas wanted to go back in Calvin Klein for some underwear. We stop for a Five Guys for lunch but it was half 4! No wonder we’re always feeling weak.

On the way home we stop at Walmart for last minute candy and random other tut we don’t need and get back to the hotel at half 6ish. So much for another relaxing day and an afternoon by the pool!

We then try and pack the cases and mums getting stressed that it won’t all fit. Nanny comes in to the rescue and literally packs it within seconds and crams it all in. They then head down to get some last minute laundry done and I get in the bath. Once I’m out there’s a massive storm so we stand and watch this for a bit and then I have some cheesy chips for dinner.

Earlyish beds ready for our last day tomorrow.

Number of times mums tripped - 2
Number of shopping bags - 7

See you in the AM kids
Old 17 May 22, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Can’t believe your trip is coming to an end already! Shame you didn’t get to swim, but glad you managed to get everything packed. Your five guys looks nice…..yummy

Safe travels home and hope to see you soon

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List