Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Las Vegas and WDW - Day 4 - April 24th 2022

After about 2 hours' sleep we were up again at 2.40am. I did something I don't recommend people to do but slept in my make up and travel clothes - I couldn't face getting up any earlier!
We finished up final packing and met DM and DD in reception then headed outside to get a taxi to the airport.
The taxi valet man at Caesars wasn't the best, he was pretty rude and tried to shove us and our cases into a too small car, before a bigger one came along. Our driver was nice though and it was only about a half hour drive to the airport, and about $5 cheaper than our arrival transfer.
We were at the airport and checked in by about 4am.
We had two American Airlines flights LAS-DFW, DFW-MCO, but we found out now that DS and DM were only on standby for the second flight!
The first flight went pretty smoothly, we were sitting 2&2, and I managed to get on the WiFi to watch the last 5 minutes of the Chelsea match (we won 1-0) and started Encanto.
The flight landed on time and we rushed to the next gate but got there early. We tried to ask the AA rep there what to do about the standby seats but she didn't know and we waited until the ground crew got there. I went off to look at the shops and bought some lunch from 7-11 including a pickle and some cheese and vegetables. When I got back to the gate boarding had started. DS was very keen for us to volunteer to give up our seats for $100 travel credit each but DM was very against it. There was supposed to be another flight in 2 hours (but once we reached Florida heard it had been cancelled due to weather)!
DD and I reluctantly boarded as the ground crew were now saying that DM and DD were going to get on, and they did in the end so that was a relief!
I finished watching Encanto and slept a bit. The flight landed at 4.21pm Orlando time, the bags took a little while to come through.
We got in the taxi queue as Ubers were coming through very expensive, but I kept checking and eventually managed one for $63 and we arrived at Pop Century just after 6pm.
Mars in reception was a lovely lady and got us all checked into our rooms (Magic Mobile never seemed to work on the room doors but we still had Magic Bands from previous visits and we also asked for Key Cards too just in case).

The room was really nice, we hadn't visited Disney since the refurb of the value resorts. We were in the 50s block near the Jukebox and Skittle pool, on the 2nd floor.
DM and DD's room hadn't been cleaned which was disappointing, they went to report it while DS and I went to bell services to pick up the Walmart delivery we had pre-ordered.
We headed off to Disney Springs for our dinner reservation at Frontera Cocina.

We started off with Guacamole and chips to share and I had the Smoky Pineapple cocktail.

Then 3 of us had the Taqueria Ensalada, I had mine with chicken, and DD had the Oaxacan mole Chicken.

It was a really enjoyable meal and it's impressive that they are a scratch kitchen and everything is homemade, they even make their own hot sauce!
We had a quick stop at World of Disney to pick up our $200 per room gift card that came with our booking, before heading back to POP.
Housekeeping had cleaned DM and DD's room and left them a gift of a photo frame and some sweets to apologise.
Note: after watching the recent DFB video of the rooms at POP we weren't sure ours was cleaned properly as it didn't have the 'cleaned' sticker on the remote or plastic covers on the shower dispensers.
Sorry for such a wordy one, more pictures and fun stuff the next day!
Old 17 May 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

The rooms at POP looks nice. I’m now going back to catch up on the other 3 previous days of your trip 😊
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List