Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
When we came back in 2019 the extra magic hours meant we could be in some of the parks for 6:30-7, done by 10 and leisurely enjoy the rest of our day, now we can’t get in as early and are stuck queuing an hour and sometimes more for a 30 second experience and it just doesn’t seem worth it anymore.

That along with food prices, and how busy it is.

The past 5 times we’ve stayed at Disney so I understand we are feeling the difference more so compared to guests who stay offsite and didn’t have those benefits anyway.

It’s good! It’s just not that good anymore.

James is 8, and I think we enjoyed our universal day the most so far. Could be something to think about in the future but I think we will tour the rest of the world now.
Sorry to hear that the changes Disney have made are having a negative impact on your days. Out of interest, are you using Genie+ at all?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sorry to hear that the changes Disney have made are having a negative impact on your days. Out of interest, are you using Genie+ at all?
We’re not 😊
Old 24 May 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

When we came back in 2019 the extra magic hours meant we could be in some of the parks for 6:30-7, done by 10 and leisurely enjoy the rest of our day, now we can’t get in as early and are stuck queuing an hour and sometimes more for a 30 second experience and it just doesn’t seem worth it anymore.

That along with food prices, and how busy it is.

The past 5 times we’ve stayed at Disney so I understand we are feeling the difference more so compared to guests who stay offsite and didn’t have those benefits anyway.

It’s good! It’s just not that good anymore.

James is 8, and I think we enjoyed our universal day the most so far. Could be something to think about in the future but I think we will tour the rest of the world now.
We were the same, for early morning people like us, it’s now rubbish isn’t it, particularly MK.

I see Fox also have an article on cost- fox6now/news/has-the...merican-family

Rather than being just ultra busy I’m convinced Genie+ changed the park dynamic, very detrimentally.
Old 24 May 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Rather than being just ultra busy I’m convinced Genie+ changed the park dynamic, very detrimentally.
I think you're on to something there. With FP+ people could book in advance and chose their times, thus spreading the crowds out more during the day. You didn't have to be there for park opening or early hours, so a lot of people didn't bother. I know we didn't. However, if you don't want to pay for G+, then the 'best' strategy is park opening or extra hours, only they're much busier now as a result of this, so people aren't getting the same benefit as before

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

We are on honeymoon here at the moment and after the first day we’ve both said we won’t be back. That’s never happened before and and we’ve been 10 times.
Sorry to hear that. It was meant to our honeymoon. Now it’s a trip we are in. Can I ask why?
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Sorry to hear that. It was meant to our honeymoon. Now it’s a trip we are in. Can I ask why?
Answered. Thank you. Having similar feelings. Been 8 times and initially felt this way and at some points. Now stuck on frozen queue which was 40 mins when on. 40 mins later and only half way through. Never been on frozen before but I’ll cheer just to get out of this bloody queue
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Answered. Thank you. Having similar feelings. Been 8 times and initially felt this way and at some points. Now stuck on frozen queue which was 40 mins when on. 40 mins later and only half way through. Never been on frozen before but I’ll cheer just to get out of this bloody queue
It’s hard isn’t it because you so desperately want to have a good time.

We’ve totally took the pressure off ourselves. We’ve been in HS this morning 8-12:30. And are heading back to the hotel.
We are having a good time but I wish I’d gone the Maldives or Hawaii for what I’ve paid for this.
Old 24 May 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

We were the same, for early morning people like us, it’s now rubbish isn’t it, particularly MK.

Genie+ has fundamentally changed everything. With FP+ rope dropping wasn't necessary for everyone, particularly those onsite. Now, if you don't want to pay for Genie+, it's pretty much essential to be there from park opening to not wait in massive queues.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That's basically the same article as you posted in the first post, just reworded a little because Fox currently thinks Disney is the enemy. It even uses the same flawed values - such as $3,780 for a 4 night stay. I mean, yeah, if you're choosing to stay in a club-level suite in a deluxe resort that costs $945 a night () then of course it's going to be expensive. The Grand Floridian costs less than that at the moment.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The family suites at art of animation can hit $850+ a night depending on the time of year. It probably isn't right (either it wasn't a value resort or the number is wrong), but it isn't outwith the realms of possibility.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List