Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 May 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Is the POR price for the exact same room category? A price increase is normally because the lower category has been taken off, rather than an actual increase.
Yes you are right
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Proud to wear my Ears

Quick question, which do you think is better: PO Riverside or CBR?

I think those are my two options for 5th sleeper.

I'm so excited to book. We have been saving up for 8 years and this is our "trip of a lifetime". Eeek.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post

I'm so excited to book. We have been saving up for 8 years and this is our "trip of a lifetime". Eeek.
I like PO due to the boats to Disney Springs and other resorts but I haven't stayed in CBR. What is the age range? Older children may prefer being able to go shopping in Disney Springs rather than playing around the pool.

It is exciting!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Apprentice Imagineer

We are huge fans of PO too (we've stayed at Riverside 8 times) but we haven't stayed in CBR. For us, we like the landscaping and feel of the resort, the food court meets all our needs, we enjoy Ye Haa Bob in the bar, like the option of being able to wonder down to French Quarter and the boat to Disney Springs is a real bonus.
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We've stayed at both, doing POR first followed by CBR. We really loved POR and we're a bit reluctant to stay at CBR as it doesn't get as much love, but prices for that year pushed us that way. Well, we all absolutely fell in love with it and will be staying for our 3rd time this September. We like the theming and laid back feel and the little beaches with hammocks and sun loungers. One big difference for us is that there's also outdoor seating at CBR whereas there isn't really any at POR. So, if we're spending the evening at the resort, at POR it was either in our room or around the quiet pool (we're not bar people), whereas CBR has the beaches but also a lot of outside seating around the food court area too. We also love the Skyliner and would chose that over the boat to Disney Springs any day. Our children are older (19 and 20 on this trip) and CBR is their first choice too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We've stayed at both, doing POR first followed by CBR. We really loved POR and we're a bit reluctant to stay at CBR as it doesn't get as much love, but prices for that year pushed us that way. Well, we all absolutely fell in love with it and will be staying for our 3rd time this September. We like the theming and laid back feel and the little beaches with hammocks and sun loungers. One big difference for us is that there's also outdoor seating at CBR whereas there isn't really any at POR. So, if we're spending the evening at the resort, at POR it was either in our room or around the quiet pool (we're not bar people), whereas CBR has the beaches but also a lot of outside seating around the food court area too. We also love the Skyliner and would chose that over the boat to Disney Springs any day. Our children are older (19 and 20 on this trip) and CBR is their first choice too
Interesting, I was debating whether the skyliner would be worth going to CBR. Do you think CBR is a good resort for those with small children (6y old?)? Might need to rethink my plans for tomorrow!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Interesting, I was debating whether the skyliner would be worth going to CBR. Do you think CBR is a good resort for those with small children (6y old?)? Might need to rethink my plans for tomorrow!
At that age, my DDs much preferred the pool at CBR to PO.
Old 25 May 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
It's probably a bit more spread out, but if you booked a preferred room, that would help. However, the beaches are really nice for little ones, and the Island in the middle of the lake has a nice play area too. The pool is zero entry which a lot of people prefer with smaller children. There's also a lot more seating around the pool at CBR than at POR, and fewer leaves and pine needles in the pool! It's closer to get to the food court and there's also a fun kids play area in the pool. I'm sure there must be one at POR too but I can't remember as we weren't big fans of the main pool so only used it once and then just used the quiet pools. Whereas we use the main pool at CBR rather than the quiet ones.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43

We've stayed at CBR twice and POR once so can compare. If you want the short story then I love them both!

CBR was our first on site stay and it was fab. The pirate pool is super. The quiet pools are fab. We were in Trinidad first time and Jamaica second. You can see the Epcot fireworks from the pools. Honestly this is magical. The big bonus is the skyliner.

POR is so pretty. The boat to Disney springs is great, the main pool is lovely and also has multiple quiet pools.

The rooms at both resorts are the same layout and have the same facilities. Both resorts are large and have multiple bus stops. They also are both in a similar location so the time it takes to get to the parks on buses is similar.

I would say that it just comes down to personal preference for them both. We'd happily stay at either again.

Disneyland 1993.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.
Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (cancelled), 2021 (cancelled).

A great big beautiful - Summer 2022 New pre trip report

All my old trip reports click here NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020, Jamaica 2021, Rome 2021.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Proud to wear my Ears

My kids will be 11, 9 ,& 8.

I think CBR might be swinging it... I like the idea of outdoor seating. I watched some YouTube videos today and saw the beaches!

Price wise there wasn't much in it.

Eeek. Hoping to book tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List