Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 May 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Also thanks to everyone that commented about my daughter. She felt 10x better yesterday and we ended up going to Denny’s for breakfast. Will post pictures soon 😊
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The simba popcorn bucket is so cute. I really want to get one of these. Is it sweet or salty popcorn? I'm glad your daughter is starting to feel better.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The simba popcorn bucket is so cute. I really want to get one of these. Is it sweet or salty popcorn? I'm glad your daughter is starting to feel better.
Thanks. I would say it’s neither. I think it’s more like melted butter taste so butter popcorn haha
Old 22 May 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
I woman after my own heart. When I look back at my recent food report I feel I should have come back diabetic the amount of sugar consumed!
I feel like Iv already consumed loads of sugar. I found Caramel m&ms in target yesterday and wish I bought a bigger bag 😂
Old 23 May 22, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 3

Today we started with a trip to Denny’s for breakfast and a trip to target to get some snacks for the room.

I had cinnamon pancakes with salted Carmel sauce which was very nice. Light and fluffy and very sweet. This came with eggs, hash browns & a sausage. Now it might just be me but I thought the has browns tasted like Chinese chow mien that I have from my local takeaway. I know that’s weird but that’s what I could taste so maybe they use the same oil 😂😂 or maybe my tastebuds are broken😂

Mine

Kids

Partners

The kids had a build your own breakfast each and Ash had the adult version of this. My daughter didn’t like hers. My son only ate the bacon and Ash ate all of his.

We went to Epcot after dropping our bags on and tried some Canadian maple popcorn which was nice.

We stopped in the ‘United Kingdom’ and got fish and chips as my son hadn’t eaten much so far and we knew he loves fish and chips. This was very nice although small I thought. The Batter was crispy and everything cooked well.

I’m Germany we stopped in the caramel shop and got a chocolate chip and pretzel cookie with wethers drizzle, a 50th celebration cupcake and some wethers popcorn to share. The cookie was just ok. I didn’t really think it was any good but the cupcake was nice. The popcorn we still haven’t eaten.

A bit later on we got a beer & a Pink lemonade slush thing with some sort of alcohol in. I can’t remember from which part though 😅

After we got back from Epcot we went to Disney springs to have tea but we were caught in the thunderstorm. We got soaked and went straight back to our hotel as we were all tired and drenched and just couldn’t be bothered. My daughter is also scared of lightening so she was starting to panic.

We ended up just eating stuff we bought from target earlier in our room so no real tea as such.

We have found out we are not as hungry as what I thought we would be. It’s so hot and we just don’t fancy big meals.

Edited at 02:56 AM.
Old 23 May 22, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Some really lovely meals so far. Denny's is one of our favourites for breakfast, but your meal at Ohana looks fantastic.

We're here at the moment too, weren't those thunder storms incredible? I thought the roof of our villa was going to come off It's a shame you were rained off though, but at least you have room snacks now.

The Simba popcorn bucket is so cute . I'm glad your daughter is starting to feel better, and that your son got some food he enjoyed (fish & chips).

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 4 - Typhoon lagoon day & HS

Today we started with just some cereal in the room so didn’t take pictures of that as we all know what Frosties look like.

After a while we got some nachos from Typhoon Tillys to share. The kids didn’t eat any of this even though they would at home so they had some snacks from our room I put in the bag.

A bit later on we got the 50th ice cream bucket and everyone loved this even though one half
Of the ice cream was bright blue underneath.

We went to Hollywood studios on the evening and got Woodys lunchbox for tea.

2x bbq brisket sandwiches for the adults
1 kids sandwich minus salad for my daughter
& Totchos without onion and sour cream for my son

My daughter hated her sandwich as it had mayo, my son ate all my soup and half my sandwich and didn’t eat his and my daughter ate the other half so I ate a mixture of Theirs.

And that was it for the day.
Old 24 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Brisket sarnie looks so good
As does the ice cream
Yummy 🤤

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 5 - Full day at HS

Kids & Ash had cereal in the room (Frosties & Krave). The krave over here is different to the UK Krave. More air & less chocolate in the middle so Ash isn’t impressed.

I had a cinnamon bun from the food court as I liked this a lot the other day. 😁

After a bit we got a Jack Jack nom nom cookie from the Market stall.🍪 This thing is a lot bigger & thicker then it looks. Me and the kids shared this while watching the frozen show. ❄️

Late afternoon we got hungry and stopped and Rontos for a late lunch. Ash had the no slaw one. My daughter wanted the lunchable we got from Target a couple of days before but she didn’t like this at all as it’s not like the ones you get at home🙄. Offered to get her a wrap and she declined. Our son shared my wrap & ate most of the pork rinds. These were more like big crisp.
Everyone liked this. The slaw was spicer then I expected but not too spicy.

That was pretty much what we ate for the whole day so not tons of food. Once we got back to the room the kids had some oranges/apple slices & crisp. We offered to get them some food from the food court but I think they were too knackered after pretty much doing every ride in Hollywood studios (some more then once) 😆

We did also have some of the popcorn we bought in Epcot.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Old 26 May 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Day 6 - Sea world & Magic Kingdom for fireworks.

Again cereal in the room. The kids prefer it over the cooked breakfast here as my daughter keeps saying their food is ‘weird’ over here…. Iv told her it’s not weird it’s just different 😂 we did mention going to Perkins but my daughter said she wanted Frosties instead 😂

We then went to seaworld. I didn’t like seaworld at all. I thought it was run down, unkept, rides not manned very well. My son was just to short for the 4 main rides too so we stayed for about 4-5 hours and did a couple of shows & let our daughter rides some of the rides & left.

We then went to applebees for late lunch/early tea as it was 4pm.

Me & Ash ordered a cocktail each and these huge mega cocktails came out. My daughter had some special raspberry lemonade thing which again she didn’t like 🙄 so she had her brothers sprite.

We had honey BBQ boneless wings to start. Kids loved them.

The kids had pizza & chips/burger & chips. All was eaten.

I had the BACON CHEDDAR GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH with loaded potato waffle fries & Ash had a burger and normal fries. It came out quick and the service was good.

We then had a triple chocolate meltdown dessert to share. This hardly got eaten as we were so full.

We finished this about 5.30/6pm.

After some chill time in the room. We went to MK on the evening to watch fireworks. We arrived about 9pm. Watched the fireworks and did 2 rides as the park shut at 10pm tonight.