Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Easter holidays or last 2 weeks of August!?

Hi All!

I'm a teacher and can't go outside of school holidays so we're weighing up when is the best time to hit Orlando with our 9 year old daughters. The 2 weeks of Easter holidays or last 2 weeks of August.

We have been before but only prior to me being a teacher, so always went in May which we found perfect weather and perfect crowds.
Of course we know that Easter is the 2nd busiest time of the year to visit, but the weather is easier to handle vs last 2 weeks of August when it's starting to get less busy but alot hotter and humid.

I've also started to notice that the Easter dates tend to be the most expensive for flights as it's a set 2 week period, I've been told late August can be more reasonable?

Help please! Any advice and previous experience would be fantastic x

Thanks
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

When it comes to less crows vs. more humid weather less crowds always wins for me. I can't do too much about the crowds but at least if it's hot I just go back to the pool or duck into somewhere air conditioned. It is a hard decision though and I guess it would depend on how much each downside would bother you.

I assume you would be staying in a villa?
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was exactly the same as we've been when the kids were younger in May but I won't take them out of school as daughter is getting ready for sats and son just started high school. I'm looking at indirect last two weeks of August as prices are lower and I believe crowd levels drop a little with US kids going back to school.
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

August. I've done both multiple times and prefer heat and possible rain wash outs to Easter crowds. The only thing better about Easter is the weather so if the humidity kills you then Easter is better.
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Cant comment on easter but we went last 2 weeks of august last year just going into september by a couple of days and yes it was very hot and humid although much better after the hurricane passed through 😶! In terms of crowds the second week we noticed a massive difference in crowd levels at universal. We were pretty much walking on to everything! Even the 10 minute waits we were walking straight on as it took that long to get through the waiting areas!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

We like to say off site in a villa and would probably do the same for our next visit, although we are considering a hotel for a couple of nights at Universal to get the perks of fast passes and early entry.
I know myself and hubby can take the humidity but not sure about the girls, they didn't enjoy it when we were in Mexico last year and kept disappearing into the hotel room for AC!

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Yes we like to say off site in a villa
Ah, so the Disney Dining Plan not (potentially) potentially being free then and the hotels being more expensive wouldn't be an issue for you. The flights, however, are more expensive
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Ah, so the Disney Dining Plan not (potentially) potentially being free then and the hotels being more expensive wouldn't be an issue for you. The flights, however, are more expensive
Yes we wouldn't be looking at Disney on site stays, just the price of flights kills me! Damn school holidays!
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Yes we wouldn't be looking at Disney on site stays, just the price of flights kills me! Damn school holidays!
I know exactly what you mean
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

I got an amazing quote from Ocean Florida for next Easter 2018, but found out my daughters dance show was being held over the same weeks! Can't believe the family chose dancing over Orlando!

But it's now made us consider the summer holidays instead and I think the last 2 weeks of August may be more appealing due to less crowds.