Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

After having so much optimisation that our big family Orlando holiday will go ahead on October 14th I have finally given up the ghost.
We have just booked a seacation cruise on the Anthem of the Seas for October 20th for 5 nts. Grandkids never been on a cruise before so it has taken some of the disappointment away of not going to Orlando. Will rebook for October next year. Third time lucky. Just waiting for the flights to be cancelled and can start reclaiming car hire etc back.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beapay View Post
We’re thinking of doing the same, however, I don’t want to put down a deposit/pay for a back-up break, to lose it if Orlando is back on the cards? Is there a way round this?
TUI let you move the trip 14 days before so if a miracle happens and I get to go to Florida I would move the trip to sometime next year! I couldn't not book it at the price- it was only £400 for 7 nights half board solo in a fairly nice hotel!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

I have booked greece on 20 as a backup used vouchers I had already with EasyJet hoping it gets cancelled before easyjet balance due got 19 days so be cutting it close x
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by steelo View Post
I’m unsure about Jamaica but I’m sure the Bahamas has always been on the FCDO advice against all but essential travel and BA have still been flying there weekly, I’m due to go in 2 weeks and have not heard about any cancellations 😊
That's good to know, thanks! We had all but decided on Atlantis too after weeks of pricing but seeing the FCDO advice today put us back to square one. But reassuring to know people are still going.

I'll maybe follow up with you in a few weeks to see how you got on!
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

VS cancelled up to the 6th... 😢 Sorry to those affected / thumbs up if you wanted it!

Come on, let a crazy update drop this week based on all the current EU ambassador press etc. / Psaki's acknowledgement, and save my flight on the 10th! 🤣
Old 2 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin Atlantic have today cancelled up to and including the 6th October and the VS cancellation thread is fully updated.

Please watch for the cancellation emails coming through and those planning trips to other US/Caribbean airports apart from MCO please note some services are still scheduled to operate as they have done in the previous months.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Yodascousin
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Due to fly October 3rd with Disney and just had a phone call from them! Asked if I was still planning on travelling as everything is ok at the moment regarding flights and that I can change up to 7 days beforehand but her exact words were “we are expecting an announcement on Monday from our president regarding an update to travel restrictions”
Yodascousin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Just cut up our attraction tickets and emailed Disney to cancel hotels 😭
Need money back to book Disneyland Paris and our cruise so not all bad

Hopefully see you all there next year l! Xx
Old 2 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Just cut up our attraction tickets and emailed Disney to cancel hotels 😭
Need money back to book Disneyland Paris and our cruise so not all bad

Hopefully see you all there next year l! Xx
Your alternate plans sound lovely 😊
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Yodascousin View Post
Due to fly October 3rd with Disney and just had a phone call from them! Asked if I was still planning on travelling as everything is ok at the moment regarding flights and that I can change up to 7 days beforehand but her exact words were “we are expecting an announcement on Monday from our president regarding an update to travel restrictions”
So that was from a Disney employee? Interesting 🤔 Still on the rollercoaster till next Thursday (VS cancellation schedule) presumably, unless something like that happens...