Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question Why do companies insist on using Hermes

Ok so it’s probably because it’s cheap but honesty I’m sick of the service land the problems with it.
I had 5 parcels dispatched early last week With a 3-5 day delivery time scale 4 are still stuck on we’re expecting it the other was out for delivery today I’ve been in all day and the dog barks if anyone’s comes to the the door - Apparently it was delivered 2 hours ago but no one knocked/rang the bell and the dog hasn’t barked since the postie delivered earlier I’ve checked everywhere no sign of it anywhere that’s the 5/6 times this year that’s happened
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

I feel your pain. Very similar issues last year. I remember one time them saying one item had not reached their depot but we could see it in the background of a photo of another item they were delivering!

I think these problems are so often down to whoever is running the local patch (so for us, Hermes got better a few months ago).

Don’t waste your time with their complaints procedure! Best you can do is tell suppliers you’re not buying from them if they use Hermes of they’re still giving you a poor service.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gl20 View Post

I think these problems are so often down to whoever is running the local patch
This exactly - the hermes guy who delivers to me is fantastic. So reliable and helpful - the woman before him was absolutely awful.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

My Hermes lady is also excellent. Can’t fault the service

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Hermes Guy is brilliant.

However he is my Mate and used to work for me before he retired.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We had great service with Hermes for years, 1 lady for best part of ten years, then a man for a couple of years until this summer. Since then it’s different people each time, I think they’re struggling to keep staff. Service has been ok most of the time with just a couple of issues. Hopefully it’ll settle down after Christmas.

For us Yodal are the worst, if a company use them it actually puts my off ordering.

Best is DPD in our area.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Both our delivery people are fantastic
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love our Hermes drivers
Old 8 Dec 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Another thumbs up for our local Hermes drivers
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Although Hermes as a company can be total rubbish our local delivery drivers are outstanding and often go above and beyond. They are contactable on local FB pages to sort out any queries.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List