Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Feb 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Feeling Liberated!

On Sunday I deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Been skirting round the idea for a while just because both are full of 💩
So far this week I’ve spent far less on my phone just scrolling through the endless pointless stuff on social media.
I actually feel somewhat happier!
Thoroughly recommend it.. The DIBB is all the social media you need 😉
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Well done, I’ve been trying to digital detox too. I can’t totally let go of fb as it is the only way I keep up with lot of my friends, however I only allow myself 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins in the evening. I am also cutting back on games and general surfing, hoping it will get easier as the days get longer!

10 mins almost up so off now😉
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I deleted instagram for the same reason, I found myself endlessly scrolling when I should be doing other things. I have read more this week, and started crocheting again.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I have a Facebook profile, but only so I can use “groups” I don’t have twitter.
I don’t feel a need to live my life online.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Well done, I’ve been trying to digital detox too. I can’t totally let go of fb as it is the only way I keep up with lot of my friends, however I only allow myself 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins in the evening. I am also cutting back on games and general surfing, hoping it will get easier as the days get longer!

I started with “unfollowing” friends who were annoying me, then pretty much all friends were unfollowed. Upto the weekend I only had groups and specific pages I followed, but even some of those had started bugging me. That’s when I knew it was time… Too many ads and too much nonsense!
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I never have had a Facebook or Twitter account. I do however have an Instagram account but I don’t post and nearly all those I follow are linked into my hobbies - nothing controversial at all. In fact the Insta posts I receive are pleasant to read - even better than the Dibb dare I say.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I did the same recently after some (behind the scenes) posts came to my attention (via that Dibb would you believe !?) but I have them back know but tied down securely - I like them for some things but I to be the master and SM be the servant

I have a mix and match - some professional, some family & dear friends (insta and FB) some business (Twitter and LinkedIn) some fun and invaluable vacation advise (the Dibb)

The important factor in all SM is retaining control and blocking/ignoring trolls
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post

No you are not. You are still here - your light is still on. 😂
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
I deleted instagram for the same reason, I found myself endlessly scrolling when I should be doing other things. I have read more this week, and started crocheting again.
I’ve set up a gym in my garage. The 30 mins I spent scrolling in a morning are now spent in my gym! 💪
Old 3 Feb 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

I’ve done similar I have removed the Facebook app off my devices ,I would describe it exactly the same I feel liberated!
I was spending/killing too much time scrolling,seeing too much negativity,but also noticing the “targeted” quotes/advice .I actually like quotes but a penny just dropped that I’m reading these and sort of taking the words on board.I am being manipulated!
I can feel an interest in hobbies returning,also trying a couple of new things.but generally I do feel happier and more like me now.
I do log in maybe once a day to check my notifications a quick scroll to find out I’m not missing much then off I log!
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List