Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Girls birthday gift ideas

My dd will be 8 in may and we have no idea what to buy her and she said she doesnt know what she wants but asks us for ideas lol i am taking her to see frozen the musical in london as part of her bday but that is 1 month before it. We are also going to a harry potter potion class the week after her birthday. She is not into any sports etc. she has all the lego sets & barbies she wants. She got a new ipad & pencil at xmas. She genuinely has everything she wants/needs hence we went down the route of experiences but we still want to get her a few bits to open on her actual birthday. Has anyone got any ideas? My family will be asking us for ideas soon too lol we have the merlin annual pass so do regular overnight stays away.

Thanks!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Raiponce
Trying for More Ears

Hi sounds like a lovely birthday already! How about some outdoor toys that could be used all summer, like roller blades, bike, garden toys depending on your garden like a play house or swing set? Does she like dolls? Maybe a dolls pram or a dolls house? Or a pet? For smaller gifts maybe things like craft sets, knitting, sewing (first sewing machine), painting, or books and board games? I loved it when our daughter was younger! I hope she has a lovely day!
Raiponce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We always have the same problem with my DD (10) of her not asking for anything and not needing anything. She does need a new bike this year, which will make her next birthday easier, but in the past we’ve got her books, board games / card games, a mermaid tail, fun pool floats for the big paddling pool (eg a donut ring and a sit-on unicorn / swan (ordered one but got sent both by accident and the shop said to keep them!) , glitter tattoos, etc.

Both of my girls have summer birthdays and aren’t at all sporty, so non-sporty outdoor equipment has always made good gifts, eg trampoline, swing set, bikes when needed, roller skates, skateboards, etc.) They were also given a foldaway football goal one year that they use to make dens in the summer!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks we have a trampoline and dd2 got a playhouse last month for her birthday which is still in the box lol she is petrified of bikes/roller skates etc. she is not an outdoors girl at all, it drives us mad lol
She does love arts and crafts etc so may try to get a couple of bits. We usually buy a “main” gift like we do at xmas but really struggling this time round.
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you thought of a Cricut Joy? I’m not sure of your budget (so please disregard this if it is too costly) but if all the family members pitched in this would be perfect for a little crafter. She can use her iPad to connect to it and she can cut card, vinyl (permanent, non-permanent and also iron-on) this is great for making cards, gift boxes, customised t-shirts and more. They do have larger models but this is probably the perfect size. Vinyls do need to be ordered separately, so you would have to factor that into the cost too.

currys/products/cr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Does she have a watch? A FitBit Ace is good for that age.
Old 22 Feb 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Pandora bracelet? Then other family members can maybe buy charms.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

She got a kids fitbit last year and has never really bothered with it.
I have thought about the pandora bracelet but thought she was a tad too young to fully appreciate it, we thought around age 10. She wants a mobile phone but that aint happening lol