Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 May 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Ooo is Frozen a Genie+ now, I thought it was ILL or have I made that up?
Interesting seeing how you get on with Genie+. I’m still so undecided as to whether to use it or not.
I’m definitely going to do some ILL’s but Genie+ not sure!
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Great report Claudette.
Thank you, hope it helps somebody.

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Ooo is Frozen a Genie+ now, I thought it was ILL or have I made that up?
Interesting seeing how you get on with Genie+. I’m still so undecided as to whether to use it or not.
I’m definitely going to do some ILL’s but Genie+ not sure!
They dropped one of the ILLs in each park about a month ago. So Space, Frozen, Everest and I think Mickey & Minnie Runaway train in HS all went from ILL to Genie+.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Day 6: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom

My park reservation was for Hollywood Studios today and my plan was to go to Magic Kingdom later for extended hours. As I have been having some problems getting about due to back and hip pain, I decided to keep HS very short, although I had to go in due to the need to tap in and no MK reservations left!

I felt like I have done quite a bit of Toy Story land, so I wanted to target Rock n roller coaster and Tower of Terror today. I got these lined up which could not have been more ideal for me.

After a spot of lunch, I had a relaxing afternoon and started stacking for a late evening in MK. By the time I left, my schedule looked like this, although when I got to the park, I rebooked Big Thunder Mountain for twenty minutes later than shown here to take some pressure off!

I did these lightening lanes in the order shown, with Splash Mountain coinciding with fireworks. It meant Big Thunder was a 15 minute wait when I arrived, so I went standby first and then went a second time using my lightening lane, the queue had grown by then as people came over after fireworks.

I was only able to book another lightening lane after I had used all four of these up and I got Pirates of the Caribbean. There were no lightening lanes left for the day for the “big rides” at this point, but there was availability for lesser rides such as Dumbo, but by this time the waits were low and it was probably more trouble than it is worth.

I ended up not staying for the extended hours as I was satisfied with what I had done and didn’t want to overdo it.

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Old 5 May 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

This would be perfect for us, thanks for the info 😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Your report is really helpful and honest and has definitely made me re-think using Genie+.

Although Disney world holidays are far from most people’s idea of a “relaxing” time, it now all sounds about as far away from a holiday you can get!

The idea of being on my phone checking, booking etc doesn’t appeal.

Having said that, I guess that unless I want to queue for long periods of time, certain rides will involve using ILLs, specifically ROTR and FoP.

I’m off to read your Dining Report now! I think for our 3rd Floriday we’ll be spending more time eating and relaxing at the resort than riding the rides!
Old 5 May 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Your report is really helpful and honest and has definitely made me re-think using Genie+.

Although Disney world holidays are far from most people’s idea of a “relaxing” time, it now all sounds about as far away from a holiday you can get!

The idea of being on my phone checking, booking etc doesn’t appeal.

Having said that, I guess that unless I want to queue for long periods of time, certain rides will involve using ILLs, specifically ROTR and FoP.

I’m off to read your Dining Report now! I think for our 3rd Floriday we’ll be spending more time eating and relaxing at the resort than riding the rides!
Oh ok. I found stacking to be a fairly effortless thing that takes up about a minute every two hours. I didn’t realise my report made it sound like such hard work. Apologies to anyone else that got the wrong impression, but I will be clearer on the effort involved going forward.
Old 5 May 22, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Ah, if I can get my head round it, I could possibly cope with a minute every 2 hours!

It probably only sounds hard work to me as I’m the least tech-friendly person around!

So for me, the fact that it’s a completely new system is off-putting as I’m imagining myself finding it very time consuming and stressful but maybe in reality it would be different.
Old 5 May 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
They dropped one of the ILLs in each park about a month ago. So Space, Frozen, Everest and I think Mickey & Minnie Runaway train in HS all went from ILL to Genie+.
Thanks for that - I’d read that space & Everest were now Genie+ but didn’t know about Frozen or M&M Runaway train 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

My park reservation was for Hollywood Studios today and my plan was to go to Magic Kingdom later for extended hours. As I have been having some problems getting about due to back and hip pain, I decided to keep HS very short, although I had to go in due to the need to tap in and no MK reservations left!

I felt like I have done quite a bit of Toy Story land, so I wanted to target Rock n roller coaster and Tower of Terror today. I got these lined up which could not have been more ideal for me.

After a spot of lunch, I had a relaxing afternoon and started stacking for a late evening in MK. By the time I left, my schedule looked like this, although when I got to the park, I rebooked Big Thunder Mountain for twenty minutes later than shown here to take some pressure off!

I did these lightening lanes in the order shown, with Splash Mountain coinciding with fireworks. It meant Big Thunder was a 15 minute wait when I arrived, so I went standby first and then went a second time using my lightening lane, the queue had grown by then as people came over after fireworks.

I was only able to book another lightening lane after I had used all four of these up and I got Pirates of the Caribbean. There were no lightening lanes left for the day for the “big rides” at this point, but there was availability for lesser rides such as Dumbo, but by this time the waits were low and it was probably more trouble than it is worth.

I ended up not staying for the extended hours as I was satisfied with what I had done and didn’t want to overdo it.
Wow you’ve done loads of good rides today. Now I’m back to thinking I should get Genie+ for my MK & HS days 😊
Old 6 May 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a productive day. Sounds like genie+ worked well for you today! The fact that you couldn’t get a reservation for MK but still managed to get some good lightning lanes is reassuring! Out of interest, do you currently feel genie+ is ‘worth’ the cost? I’m starting to feel that I can imagine paying for it for MK and I can imagine paying for ILL in some cases, but other than that, it’s hard to justify the extra cost for a family of 3?