Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 May 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 10 - Florida Mall.

Woke up this morning to a weather alert on my phone so we were glad we had chosen a shopping day today. We couldn't decide between the mall at millenia or the florida mall so had a quick Google and decided on the florida mall.

Ethan woke up with a stomach bug type thing today so he decided it best if he stay home.

It took about 30 mins to get there avoiding the I4.

We managed to find a few bargains, I bought some birkenstocks for $80 in the sale, a chewbacca pandora charm for $50, Andrew bought some north face slipper type shoes for $20 currently £50 in the UK.

Jenson bought some Nike trainers and a new sonic hedgehog aswell as a sonic build a bear Teddy.

Kian went mad on trainers and clothes and spent about $600 overall 😂

Headed back to check on Ethan, he'd been asleep all day and was feeling a little better but still wasn't up to going out for tea so we decided to order Pizza Hut.

Hopefully he's better tomorrow as the plan is to go to the car show at old Town and then the world food trucks for food!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Edited at 01:35 PM.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 11 - Vineland Outlets and Longhorns

Started today off with a few hours in the pool before heading off to vineland outlets. We managed a fair few bargains, looks like some stores have started memorial day sales.

We were here until nearly 7pm and then we headed over to a different complex on West Osceola Parkway as there was a Converse store. Andrew had seen some converse that he liked at Vineland but they didn't have his size so thought we'd try here. Nope didn't have them.

There was a TJ Maxx here so popped in and I wanted out immediately. Hate TK Maxx in the UK and hated this too 😂
A thunderstorm was hitting just as we left and we were heading straight for it. Luckily the rain held off until we reached the hotel.

We were all getting ready and Amylee was sick. After Ethan was ill yesterday she assured us this was different and diabetes related and she was still up for tea. So off to Longhorns we went. From being seated it took about an hour to get our food, however once it was here it was amazing. The best Brussels sprouts I've ever had and the steak was phenomenal too.

Halfway through I could see Amylee didn't look OK, and she vanished for a while to the toilet. You guessed it. She's ill. So looks like we have a D&V bug going around us, the rest of us seem OK atm I'm just hoping we are all OK come Tuesday as that's when we fly home! We now believe it to be food poisoning for those two. They ate the same meal and thats the only thing we can put it down to as nobody else got ill.

The cost of longhorns was absolutely fantastic value. We paid $160 for 6 of us including 18% tip.

11pm bedtime and tomorrow Andrew is watching football and then we're having an afternoon in Hollywood Studios!

Edited at 03:57 PM.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 12 - Hollywood Studios

The final theme park day and we ended as we started with Hollywood Studios. We had a few hours in the pool before heading out. We left Amylee at the hotel and Ethan decided to stay with her as she was really poorly.

Wow today was HOT! My app said 33 but feels like 38 and boy did we feel it.

We managed most of the rides, and Toy Story Mania is now a firm favorite. I think my all time favorite ride now is Tower of Terror. Proper belly giggles on it.

Rise of the resistance was amazing again. We left about 6pm and headed back for more pool time. Amylee was feeling a little better so we walked over to Old Town and ate at Shoneys again. My burger was delicious, everyone else said their meals were OK.

Got back to the hotel to lots of police outside and we walked past them in a guest rooms, one smiled and said hello and we managed to get a picture of the car

Last full day tomorrow, can't decide between Volcano Bay or Aquatica. Not sure if VB will be heaving, but it is a Monday so maybe not?

Edited at 04:00 PM.
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 13 - Volcano Bay

Another late start arriving at Volcano Bay just after 12pm.
We got our tapu tapus and headed for the lockers further in. A family locker was $20 after paying $27 to park at citywalk which is extortionate.

Kraktau Aqua Coaster was showing as 225 minutes so we tapped for that and went on the couple of slides that were ride now. Bobbed around in the wave pool and the lazy river then had some lunch. We paid $53 for sushi, a beef burger and chips, pizza and a bowl of fruit. It was all really nice food though just again extortionate.

After this we found the fearless river, and we all absolutely loved it. We were having a whale of a time racing each other round and then we were evacuated rather swiftly, turns out there was a snake in there with us!

It was time for our booked slide now so off we went. It was a good ride but was it good enough that we forfeited a lot of other rides for it, I'm not sure. I'd definitely be disappointed if I'd waited that long in an actual queue.
Towards the end of the day some of the other rides became ride now so we managed a few more and then got back in the fearless river until closing time.

We headed home and started the dreaded packing, took 2 hours and then we headed off to hooters as the boys really wanted to go. Can't think why 😂 the food here was actually really tasty!

We got home at midnight, I'm currently writing this from the airport, where we are waiting to board our flight home 😔😔

Edited at 04:01 PM.
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 14 - Travel Home Day

So it's finally here, the day we never want to arrive, time to go home.

We had to check out by 11, and as we were mainly all packed, it was just a case of packing the last minute bits and putting them in the car.

Checked out and sat in the hotel courtyard for an hour just having a drink and enjoying the sun before heading off to the wizard gift shop on the 192 to get some gifts for family. There was a good selection of things in here. I bought a photo frame, some magnets, keyrings and other little nik naks.

We then headed to target, as we'd not been all holiday and wanted to have a nosy.
After this we decided on Wendy's for lunch, and then popped into the five below across the way where we found a few more little bargains.

We got to the airport at 4pm, handed the rental car back which was fine and dropped off our visitor toll pass. This is an absolute must if you've got a hire car, it's really made tolls a doddle.

I did online check in so thought we'd only have bag drop but no, virgin had 3 check in desks open for 4 flights all departing within a 3 hour window so it was bedlam. We queued for nearly an hour.

We got speaking to a lady in the queue who told us there was only really a burger King through the otherside so we decided to stay on this side of security and eat/drink here. Well this was a mistake. We made it through security with 20 mins to spare before the flight, and low and behold there were lots of different options, including duty free! At least we know for next time. However whilst sat this side of security, Jenson found a little electronic game board which kept him occupied!

Luckily the flight was delayed so they had only just started boarding when we got there.

Flight was pretty quick at 7 and a half hours. I wish people would let you know though before reclining. I'm happy for people to do so but the person infront of me did it and knocked everything that was on my tray including a drink onto me!
Food was much better than the way out. It was a Mexican chicken and rice or a vegetarian sheperds pie. We had the Chicken and rice which came with a salted caramel brownie.
Breakfast came and was a really bizarre cold coconut porridge which wasn't too bad along with a blueberry muffin.

We've had the most amazing two weeks, thank you for following along, we will be returning in 2026 😂

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Old 10 May 22, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Travel Day - will go through and create posts and update each day 🙂 currently sat in the lounge waiting for gate info. Security was a breeze at Manchester, luckily we bought fast track in Nov.
Have a fantastic time
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Travel Day - will go through and create posts and update each day 🙂 currently sat in the lounge waiting for gate info. Security was a breeze at Manchester, luckily we bought fast track in Nov.
Have a fantastic holiday 🇺🇸❤️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated Travel Day 🙂

Old 11 May 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m reading along - have a fab holiday
Old 12 May 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated Day 1 c