Old 11 May 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And then there were three - the big (double) surprise

Tuesday 10th May. - Hollywood studios

Day 9

Didn’t sleep very well again and was awake from 4.

We were meeting for breakfast at 7 and Jas was going to meet us at the car at 7.30 but she then had a complete meltdown. Jas doesn’t tell us how she’s feeling until it’s too late - she’s hungry and wants proper meals rather than snacks but she needs to tell me before she gets to the pass out stage. She said she doesn’t know when that is. My response was that is why I feed her snacks!

We leave just after 7.30. Dad managed to pick up a seven seater yesterday in the intermediate suv section so we’ve come out in that. Quick 25 minute journey and were parking up.
Phoe goes and gets Connor’s ticket and we wait to be let in. They actually hold us at the tap stiles until 8.30 - this is new to us. We then power straight round to Rise of the resistance (dad and phoe stop to go to the loo) which is now showing 85 mins. We’re hoping it will be the same as the other day and we’ll be in in 55. Even better 34 minutes

Off at 9.36 so the whole experience was 23 minutes. This really is a great ride.

Headed to smugglers run next which was showing 45 but changed to 50 just as we entered at 9.47. Pre show at 10.36. I wasn’t allowed to be pilot this time. It was Jas and grandad and to be honest they weren’t much different to me.

The times today are much longer than they were on Saturday so at this point we decide to bite the bullet and pay for genie +. We get a lightning lane for toy story mania straight away and are on the ride in less than 8 minutes as opposed for the 60 minute posted wait. This is a great ride and always causes some fierce competition - Connor won, Phoebe was a bit miffed.
As soon as we scan in we pick up one for the youngsters plus me to ride rock n roller coaster at 1.15 and one for mum and dad for the Indiana Jones stunt show.

Slinky dog dash has been down but there are some test cars going round so we decide to loiter. It pays off as the ride is open 5 minutes later and we’re straight on. Dad decides that he doesn’t like that one!

We get something to eat after this before the hanger strikes. Dad and Jas both have the chicken strips. Phoebe doesn’t want to eat as we’ll be on rock n roller coaster soon. We decide to do star tours first as this is only a 20 minute wait. We enter at 12.31 and it’s a walk on! We have a different sequence again but no rebel spy this time

We make our way over to rock n roller coaster and the posted time is 110 minutes! So glad we went for the lightning lanes. Once we’ve scanned in we check the availability for either tower of terror or mickey and Minnie’s runaway train. Earlier on there hadn’t been any availability for tower of terror but suddenly there was a window for 2.15! I think they’re partly called lightning lanes because you have to work the app like lightning or the slot has already gone. We’re pretty much straight to the front for the coaster. This is a good ride and the legs always feel wobbly after.

We meet mum and dad by tower of terror and dad decides to ride. What! ? He has never done this! He can cope with the likes of thunder mountain etc and the drop of splash mountain is about his limit. Mum once made him go in the orange mission space telling him it was just a simulator and he felt rough for hours afterwards.

While we’re in the lightning lane line we are constantly refreshing the app trying to get one for Mickey and Minnie’s runaway train. It says 7.10pm but every now and then a 3.45 will show up but we’re not quick enough to confirm our party.

We have a drop sequence on ToT that I don’t think we’ve ever had before. There are a lot of short drops with lots of juddering as well. It was really good. We got to the end and dad’s words were a bit blue! He did say later that now he’s done it once he would probably do it again. Well done dad!

We have one more go at trying to get a lightning lane for the runaway train but it’s not happening. So we go and join the standby line as the app says 50 minutes but by the time we join the line it’s jumped to 60. Phone has a funny five minutes in this queue. She’s hot and weak. She has a mini pack of pretzels with cheese dip but it takes a dextrose tablet from dad to see her right. We are at the ore show after 50 minutes. I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this ride but it was really good. I think I was thinking that it was going to use the old great movie ride cars but it uses the same technology as ratatouille and rise of the resistance.

After this Phoebe and Connor leave to park hop to animal kingdom to meet her a friend Anita. We have a little browse in the shops and then head for the car to make out way to publix. We get a few bits a pieces and then Jas has a funny turn. She hasn’t eaten since 11.45 and it’s now after 6. I have to hot foot it over to McDonald’s to grab some sustenance. They take absolutely ages. At this rate Dad is going to using his diabetes testing kit on everyone.

We head back home and make a quick dinner. Phoebe messages asking if I can collect her and Connor from the Olive Garden. Sure I say. Then I realise that I gave her the car key in case they came back home to then drive themselves to the Olive Garden in case we were then out somewhere. I had to get dad to do it.

Bit slack on typing up the notes today as we didn’t spend so much time queuing. Too tired to make the post tonight as it’s now 10.45. It may or may not be someone’s birthday tomorrow.

19,000 steps
1 meltdown
2 funny turns

Phoebe’s point of view :

Day 9 -

Woke up for the first time at half 2 needing a wee and expecting to see Connor awake because of the time difference but he was sound asleep. I heard him get up and asked what time it was and it was just before 5. My alarm went off at I 6am and quickly turned it off and got up at half 6. Quickly got ready to head down to breakfast at 7am. I can hear Jas having a meltdown about something so mum sends Connor and I down to breakfast and we meet Gdog. Nannys upstairs sorting the bags etc. I have a cranberry juice and a blueberry muffin. Both Connor and Gdog have a mini fry up. Mum then joins and informs us Jas’ meltdown is because she’s hungry and mum tells her she needs to tell us that she’s hungry before she’s about to pass out! Jas joins shortly after and we make our way to Gdogs giant 7 seater whilst he goes to get nanny.

In the car and on the way to Hollywood Studios at 7:30am ready to have a day of fun! We park up and walk over to get in the queue. I quickly sort Connor’s ticket as the desk and get him a card and he gets Olaf! In the queue and we’re through at exactly half 8 and leg it round to Rise of the Resistance. I need a wee so run off to quickly go and come out to meet Connor and catch up with the others. Get into the queue and it shows as 85 mins! We’re constantly moving and on the ride within half an hour I think (I’ve not made any note of any timing here so relying on mum to mention it). The ride was brilliant! Connor and gdog both enjoyed it.

After this we said we’d go on Toy Story Mania as this was only a 40 minute wait.
We then checked Smugglers Run and that was 45 so decided to stay in this area and get on that. Of course I needed another wee so jetted off there but by the time I came back it was 50 but I can’t remember if that was correct or not. Gdog was equally as awful as mum was at being pilot! Jas was also a pilot and mum and nanny were gunners. Connor and I were engineers and smashed it. Whilst we were in the queue we made the decision that in order to get what we wanted done, in just one day we needed to bite the bullet and pay for Genie +. $15 per person plus tax. Next thing I know mums done it and she’s got a LL for Toy Story Mania at 10:35.

We leg it over to here and I ask Connor which is his favourite Toy Story film is and he said he hadn’t seen number 4, I say I didn’t enjoy it and it was sad. He asked what happened quickly followed by if you tell me will you cry. And with that, I’m crying at Woody and explaining what happens and annoyed with him he’s made me cry and he’s stood laughing 🤣 We go through the old fast pass lane and we’re on within minutes! This is like the old days and I love it. If we were able to add Genie + on at home with the tickets then it would have equates to £6 a day which is more doable. Debating on adding it on for tomorrow too. Connor won and gloated about this and I now owe him £20!

After this we say we’ll head to Starbucks to get a coffee for the boys and some food for Jas as we’ve managed to get a LL for Rock n Roller Coaster for 1:40. As we do this and check wait times, we see Slinky Dog is down so make the decision to stand around for 10 mins to see if it comes back up as the wait will be small hopefully. We join the queue and mum discovers that’s the lightning lane queue so we had back out to a smaller queue. Next thing I know there’s a massive surge of people and we somehow bypass a hundred queues and we’re doing the ride as a walk on! Next up the coffee and food break. I have another pink drink which is lush. We go to the backlot express and Jas and Gdog have chicken and fries and I suggest doing Star Tours which is 20 mins. Nanny and Gdog head over to the Indianna Jones show whilst us 4 ride this. Again another walk on! We then go to the Muppets show as that’s a 10 min wait and then it’s time for the Rock N Roller Coaster. As we’re walking mum and Jas manage to find a LL for Tower of Terror for 2:15! We text nanny to say meet us there and head to Rock N Roller Coaster.

This is showing as an 80 minute wait but we’re on in less than 10! Connor loves this and I love watching the experience for the first time through his eyes! AND he’s already talking about coming back next year 😍

We queue for Tower of Terror which shows a 105 min wait and this is probs about 20 mins. Gdog is coming on it FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE! We’re thinking Christ mate you’re turning 75 in July and now is the time to go on this!? Nanny comes on it each time as she loves it. Connor is shocked at the ride and how much you lift off your seat!

After this we do the normal queue for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway which was showing as a 50 minute wait. We’re in the queue for around 10 minutes and I feel like I’m gonna pass out. I’m fed Diet Coke and some cheese dip and breadsticks and then a squares bar to bring my sugar up and then one of Gdogs glucose tablets and once we’re off the ride I start to feel a bit more normal. Connor was carrying my drink and holding me up and mums got my bag!

Connor and I then head to Animal Kingdom to meet Anita and her crew 😎We walk over to the bus stops and jump on at gate 34 to AK and walk to meet the others. By the time we’ve met up and everyone’s done toilet stops we decide to ride the Safari which is a 20 minute wait but we get a LL as do the others.
We see loads of animals at this time as it’s cooler. Aubree is fidgeting like there’s no tomorrow and wants to be up and about! Anita and I then stop for a pic in front of the Tree of Life and then leave them to head back to Flight of Passage and Connor and I head to the Olive Garden.

We decide we’ll get a lyft as we only took once car today so we order this but get told there may or may not be a driver ready for us. We confirm the pick up anyway and a driver will be with us in 15 mins. Jackson is on his way to us but is partially deaf so the app is trying to make me learn sign language. They then give us another driver about 5 mins after, Perola who is also now 15 mins away. A slow 15 mins pass and we’re at the pick up point but with minimal wifi. I’m losing patience. Connor is losing patience. We’re both hot and hungry and fed up. He’s asking me what time she’ll be here and I’m saying I don’t know the map hasn’t changed. After a life time she arrives and we sit in silence until we’re at the restaurant.

We order a drink each, a starter of filled fried cheese or something which was amazing and then 2x the giant shell filled pastas, a dozen bread sticks to take home for Jas and then we get the unlimited salad and breadsticks. $75 fricken dollars including a tip!? Mum had given me $40 from the food pot which clearly didn’t cover it and Connor’s Apple Pay didn’t work, he didn’t bring any cash out with him and has lost his bank card which doesn’t help matters but luckily my card worked. The filled pastas didn’t taste of a lot and we wouldn’t get this again.

Mum and gdog pick us up just after half 8 and we head back for the hotel. Connors goes to the shops around the corner for a energy drink and I play a few games of cards with Jas and I’m ready for my bed tonight!

Number of Gdogs we saw yesterday but didn’t include in the blog - 4
Number of times I’ve cried - 1
Number of LLs booked - 5

See you in the AM kids x
Old 11 May 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

A great day at the Studios so glad you got so much done
And well done Dad for his first time on ToT 🤩💪

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A great day, love the photos you all look fabulous.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List