Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We went last year and even though it was running on “reduced numbers” last time it was so crazy busy we were only there for about 3 hours.
Queues for food are long, seats are hard to come by and it’s just generally manic and super expensive.
I’d get your lunch as early as possible as by 1pm the grass is covered by cocktail swiggers and you’ll find it hard to get a space.
Same but we lasted even less and ended up going round London instead

My advice is get there as early as you possibly can! We didn’t and paid the price
Old 22 May 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m calling to Tesco fir a meal deal Does everyone dress up ?
It is a dressy affair - not sure I have ever seen someone on say a T Shirt and shorts so best to wear something to fit in but def go for trendy trainers over heels !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Do you prefer Chelsea or Hampton Court.
To be honest Hampton court . There is more space . Last year was amazing

HCP last year

Edited at 08:07 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
To be honest Hampton court . There is more space . Last year was amazing
Yes its Hampton for me as well. Love the atmoshere, space and the fact that you can buy plants. After our experience with the pollen at Chelsea has put me off visiting there again. I have too much going on this year to fit in a visit to Hampton but hopefully next year we can find the time...
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani

Edited at 08:04 PM.
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It is a dressy affair - not sure I have ever seen someone on say a T Shirt and shorts so best to wear something to fit in but def go for trendy trainers over heels !
There were tons of people in casual wear last year.
Not tracksuits but definitely shorts and a polo shirt.
Lots of jeans too
It’s not really like it used to be.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Same but we lasted even less and ended up going round London instead

My advice is get there as early as you possibly can! We didn’t and paid the price
Oh I remember we went at the same time.
I was so disappointed but now we know.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
There were tons of people in casual wear last year.
Not tracksuits but definitely shorts and a polo shirt.
Lots of jeans too
It’s not really like it used to be.

Not in the day I went (and have been going for for 10 years - always very dressy )
Old 22 May 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mmm It’s really interesting reading the comments as the opening show on the bbc focused how the show wasn’t for the working class and how people felt out of place . The people who created Hands of mangrove were interviewed . No one should feel this way in the present day let alone walking round gardens . The rhs motto is to inspire everyone to grow, obviously not really true if it’s elitist . I don’t think I’ve ever been judged on my clothing at a rhs garden before .

Can I ask What exactly are trendy trainers ? 🤷🏼

I’ve always wanted to go but now feel a bit uncomfortable about it if I’m honest. Glad I asked on here though so at least I’m prepared a little. It’s a Different world up north .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Google Chelsea cough and the Plane trees ! It was really bad went we went. If I was going I would be taking a face mask just in case (not for covid though, purely to block some of the pollen, just to add I don't get hayfever but found this pollen really irritating and it spolit the day a little).
Taking my hubby who has hayfever , thanks for the heads up , I’ll take his inhaler as well .

Reading this though I’m not so sure we will be staying long which is a shame as I’ve wanted to go for so long . 😕
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Mmm It’s really interesting reading the comments as the opening show on the bbc focused how the show wasn’t for the working class and how people felt out of place . The people who created Hands of mangrove were interviewed . No one should feel this way in the present day let alone walking round gardens . The rhs motto is to inspire everyone to grow, obviously not really true if it’s elitist . I don’t think I’ve ever been judged on my clothing at a rhs garden before .

Can I ask What exactly are trendy trainers ? 🤷🏼

I’ve always wanted to go but now feel a bit uncomfortable about it if I’m honest. Glad I asked on here though so at least I’m prepared a little. It’s a Different world up north .
Honestly you won’t be, I saw ripped jeans, converse, dr martens .. it’s not as snobby as it used to be.
I had always wanted to go but was disappointed but maybe it was because we should’ve got there earlier.
I wouldn’t go again but at least I’ve ticked it off the list.
We were RHS members and had better times at their smaller flower shows.