Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

You should wear what you want, I wouldn't want to spend all day uncomfortable, hoping people won’t judge me because of my clothes.
If someone wants to dress up, it’s their choice, you shouldn’t feel forced to though.
Your blanket is lovely, might pop to primark myself.
Can you take drink in? Think I’d be getting the little alcohol cans from Tesco when you pick up your meal deal. 🤣

Edited at 11:14 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m calling to Tesco fir a meal deal Does everyone dress up ?
You asked this

And I answered honestly

You dont like my answer so why ask ? Honestly

A quick google points to my posts

What Should I Wear To The RHS Chelsea Flower Show?
Women

The RHS Chelsea Flower Show doesn’t have a specific dress code, but guests are usually well-dressed – among frequent visitors are HM The Queen, celebrities and other members of the royal family, who are always impeccably turned out. However, as the event takes place largely outdoors, it’s worth thinking practically when choosing your outfit. Leave your floor-length ballgown at home, and consider packing layers, sunglasses and something waterproof. Day dresses, skirts and trouser suits are popular choices for women, with many choosing to pay homage to the occasion with floral prints and botanical designs. "If I had to put together a last-minute outfit I would probably dive into Zara in Duke of York’s Square," says Packard. "That place has everything."
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
You asked this

And I answered honestly

You dont like my answer so why ask ? Honestly

A quick google points to my posts

What Should I Wear To The RHS Chelsea Flower Show?
Women

The RHS Chelsea Flower Show doesn’t have a specific dress code, but guests are usually well-dressed – among frequent visitors are HM The Queen, celebrities and other members of the royal family, who are always impeccably turned out. However, as the event takes place largely outdoors, it’s worth thinking practically when choosing your outfit. Leave your floor-length ballgown at home, and consider packing layers, sunglasses and something waterproof. Day dresses, skirts and trouser suits are popular choices for women, with many choosing to pay homage to the occasion with floral prints and botanical designs. "If I had to put together a last-minute outfit I would probably dive into Zara in Duke of York’s Square," says Packard. "That place has everything."
The Google answer is more what i thought if I’m honest , your reply wasnt and the quote it’s Chelsea and then recommended trendy trainers . Adidas samba are trendy but I wouldn’t be seen dead in them so what defines trendy 🤷🏼

I honestly didn’t think anyone would dress up too much for a walking round flower show hence why I asked does everyone dress up ?

I’d like to know if i should do the gardens or pavilion first but fashion seems more important .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I’ve no idea what is normal to wear as I’ve never been but have a lovely time and report back! I’d love to go.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The Google answer is more what i thought if I’m honest , your reply wasnt and the quote it’s Chelsea and then recommended trendy trainers . Adidas samba are trendy but I wouldn’t be seen dead in them so what defines trendy 🤷🏼

I honestly didn’t think anyone would dress up too much for a walking round flower show hence why I asked does everyone dress up ?

I’d like to know if i should do the gardens or pavilion first but fashion seems more important .
I’ve never been, so definitely expect some would know more than I do, but if it’s a hot day I would imagine doing the gardens first would be a good idea before it gets too hot. Although it’s possible everyone thinks that, so it’s busier and maybe the pavilions would be quieter if everyone else is in the gardens 😂

Basically, whatever you do I hope you have a great time x
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mmm It’s really interesting reading the comments as the opening show on the bbc focused how the show wasn’t for the working class and how people felt out of place . The people who created Hands of mangrove were interviewed . No one should feel this way in the present day let alone walking round gardens . The rhs motto is to inspire everyone to grow, obviously not really true if it’s elitist . I don’t think I’ve ever been judged on my clothing at a rhs garden before .

Can I ask What exactly are trendy trainers ? 🤷🏼

I’ve always wanted to go but now feel a bit uncomfortable about it if I’m honest. Glad I asked on here though so at least I’m prepared a little. It’s a Different world up north .
I’m a Londoner and been a few times over the years and just never thought about it not being a “working class event”. I don’t suppose any of the exhibitors or vendors would refuse your money or orders. I enjoy it for what I get out of it. No doubt I missed out on the social elements of it but that’s not something that interests me.

Please don’t be put off. Go and enjoy the amazing flowers & plants, order some bulbs, have a picnic, treat yourselves to a Pimms. Wear your comfy trainers !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m calling to Tesco fir a meal deal Does everyone dress up ?
Last time we went we took an adult meal Deal...

Tesco sandwiches and 4 cans of mixed G&T to share.

I'm pretty sure you can still take your own beverages in with you
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
In your opinion - and that’s fine

She asked about dress and I have an informed opinion . It is Chelsea ! Yours differs and that is ok too but I stand by my words !
I've always found there is a marked difference between the member days and the public days.

The member days are much more dressy, but that's because those are the days most of the filming is done and the chance to meet the designers, gardeners world guys and even royals/celebs is at its highest and the BBC never puts people on camera that aren't well dressed for their Chelsea shows

That said there is no dress code, and it's a long day of traipsing around (if you are going for the gardens and not the posh food) so best to be comfortable and remember it's May in London, you will need shorts, overcoat, umbrella and a bikini (and that's just for the morning)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’ve never been, so definitely expect some would know more than I do, but if it’s a hot day I would imagine doing the gardens first would be a good idea before it gets too hot. Although it’s possible everyone thinks that, so it’s busier and maybe the pavilions would be quieter if everyone else is in the gardens 😂

Basically, whatever you do I hope you have a great time x
If you are going first thing for "rope drop" I would do the gardens first, they are the real reason to go to Chelsea and they only get busier as the day goes on (you used to get a second chance to see them "emptier" in the late afternoon but about 15 years they brought in twilight tickets, so just as the early starters are heading home a new crowd arrives)

The pavilions are always about the same level of full, as unless it is raining people want to be outside in the show gardens or quaffing Pimm's.

Now if it rains, avoid the pavilions it will be a crush, but you will have the show gardens to yourself...
Old 22 May 22, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
If you are going first thing for "rope drop" I would do the gardens first, they are the real reason to go to Chelsea and they only get busier as the day goes on (you used to get a second chance to see them "emptier" in the late afternoon but about 15 years they brought in twilight tickets, so just as the early starters are heading home a new crowd arrives)

The pavilions are always about the same level of full, as unless it is raining people want to be outside in the show gardens or quaffing Pimm's.

Now if it rains, avoid the pavilions it will be a crush, but you will have the show gardens to yourself...
Brilliant thank you
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List