Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 22, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

As I said a I go on members day and it’s nice to dress in a striped linen suit and Panama
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
If you are going first thing for "rope drop" I would do the gardens first, they are the real reason to go to Chelsea and they only get busier as the day goes on (you used to get a second chance to see them "emptier" in the late afternoon but about 15 years they brought in twilight tickets, so just as the early starters are heading home a new crowd arrives)

The pavilions are always about the same level of full, as unless it is raining people want to be outside in the show gardens or quaffing Pimm's.

Now if it rains, avoid the pavilions it will be a crush, but you will have the show gardens to yourself...
As with most events in the UK then, the weather dictates the schedule 😂 . I must admit a glass of Pimms at Chelsea flower show in the sunshine sounds lovely. I do hope the weather is nice for op and everyone else there this year
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
As I said a I go on members day and it’s nice to dress in a striped linen suit and Panama
I understand it’s nice to dress up for occasions, but I also feel that it’s a little disappointing that clothes are more of a priority than the flowers and nature at a flower show.

Surely it should be a celebration of beautiful flowers, gardens and nature not how someone dresses to attend the flower show
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just checked and nowadays you can't take your own alcohol, or at least not if it's obviously alcohol.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Deleted. Apologies for causing offence.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
A feature on your summer ‘social calendar’. For others it’s a fun day out, an occasional treat.

Going off at a tangent, I’m interested to know which other occasions you attend. I always attend Wimbledon men’s final day and there’s a similar “divide”. Some (me !) take picnics and wear jeans etc for Henman Hill. Then those in smart dress having lunch at the restaurants before taking their Centre Court seats.

It’s good that such events are much more inclusive these days.
Not sure why the MF attacks when I only answered a question - I wasnt trying to be anything but helpful

Thanks for the comments above I haven’t slept one wink last night - they really got to me

DIbbbing out of the DIbb for a while

ENjoy the show in linen, jeans or whatever - it really is rather special (I probably cant face going now)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The Google answer is more what i thought if I’m honest , your reply wasnt and the quote it’s Chelsea and then recommended trendy trainers . Adidas samba are trendy but I wouldn’t be seen dead in them so what defines trendy 🤷🏼

I honestly didn’t think anyone would dress up too much for a walking round flower show hence why I asked does everyone dress up ?

I’d like to know if i should do the gardens or pavilion first but fashion seems more important .
Ah yes, sorry.
Definitely show gardens first or you’ll be lucky to get anywhere near.
We then went round some of the vendors and then the pavilion but I’d probably do the pavilion after the gardens and browse at the end but some stuff could be sold out if you want bulbs or popular plants.
We bought some huge Alium bulbs from there and they’re in bloom now, so that’s a nice reminder.
There’s also a stage that has live music and that seemed popular.
Have a great time 😄
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
A feature on your summer ‘social calendar’. For others it’s a fun day out, an occasional treat.

Going off at a tangent, I’m interested to know which other occasions you attend. I always attend Wimbledon men’s final day and there’s a similar “divide”. Some (me !) take picnics and wear jeans etc for Henman Hill. Then those in smart dress having lunch at the restaurants before taking their Centre Court seats.

It’s good that such events are much more inclusive these days.
I go to Wimbledon each year and I dress for the weather. Last year it was boiling hot so I wore a maxi dress and my lovely Comfy trainers. Other years when it’s not been that warm I have worn jeans, top and a sweater.
I go to watch as much tennis as possible. When I am not on my seat I squeeze into one of the outside courts to watch a match on there. The hospitality looks lovely but I would feel I was missing out so much. I much prefer a picnic on Henman Hill.😁

Edited at 07:32 AM.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I just checked and nowadays you can't take your own alcohol, or at least not if it's obviously alcohol.
Pimms in a primark chilly bottle it is then!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Not sure why the MF attacks when I only answered a question - I wasnt trying to be anything but helpful

Thanks for the comments above I haven’t slept one wink last night - they really got to me

DIbbbing out of the DIbb for a while

ENjoy the show in linen, jeans or whatever - it really is rather special (I probably cant face going now)
If you are referring to my comments I would just like to say that even though I asked you the personally my comments were general and in no way a personal attack.

I wasn’t suggesting you were wrong to dress up, I also like to dress up but I don’t feel you have to. I also felt the op was feeling uncomfortable with attending if she wore more casual attire which is perfectly acceptable

I understand we see things differently on this, but I was trying to show that these events should be about the flowers, nature and enjoying yourself whatever you wear which I’m sure you would agree with.