Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25 May 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
cornishstar
New Poster (3)
 
Join Date: May 22
what shall we do? Help

First time here on the dibb, friend recommended it - we are due to travel this weekend

Flying with BA to Orlando MCO

We had covid at the end of April - we have since purchased recovery certificates from Zoomdoc.

is this the right company? Wont let me post a link but the website has a red teardrop with white heart and red cross inside

Certificates state valid for 180 days but i know the US is 90 days - does that matter?

Should we be trying for LFTs on Friday (reluctant as I was still testing positive on day 16)

Will we be able to upload these to the BA document thing and subsequently complete OLCI (two kids in the group 13 & 9)

Not sure i can cope with the stress of waiting until the day of the flight to check in

So scared that we are going to let the kids down - this trip has been moved so many time
cornishstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
loves2plan
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Welcome to The Dibb. I can't help as I've not gone through the process, but lots of Dibbers have so you should get some answers soon. However, I have read that some, not all, people have had problems uploading their recovery certificates due to technical issues, but they've been accepted at the airport. I've yet to read of anyone turning up with their recovery certificates and being denied
__________________

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
scooby99
Imagineer
 
scooby99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: London
We flew on Sunday to Tampa with BA using ZoomDoc recovery certs.
We didnít even consider doing day before tests as we had recovery certs.

Weíve completed VeriFly successfully on our 3 previous trips to the US with tests the day before; however, our experience was that we couldnít complete VeriFly with the recovery certs.
However, they were accepted without question at check-in.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
cornishstar
Thread Starter
New Poster (3)
 
Join Date: May 22
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We flew on Sunday to Tampa with BA using ZoomDoc recovery certs.
We didínt even think of doing day before tests as we had recovery certs.

Weíve completed VeriFly successfully on our 3 previous trips to the US with tests the day before; however, our experience was that we couldnít complete VeriFly with the recovery certs.
However, they were accepted without question at check-in.
Thanks - Assume your certs had the same logo as the ones we have (irrationally thinking we have the wrong zoom doc) and also said valid for 180 days?
cornishstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
scooby99
Imagineer
 
scooby99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: London
Originally Posted by cornishstar View Post
Thanks - Assume your certs had the same logo as the ones we have (irrationally thinking we have the wrong zoom doc) and also said valid for 180 days?
Yep; same company/ logos/certs etc.
The cert is valid for 180 days; some countries accept recovery certs for up to 180 days; the US are accepting recovery certs for up to 90 days but the wording on the cert is fine as itís covering the different timeframes for different countries.

Youíre overthinking this; if you had a voucher valid until the end of July, would you question whether you could use it in June?
Youíre fine!

Edited at 03:45 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
cornishstar
Thread Starter
New Poster (3)
 
Join Date: May 22
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Yep; same company/ logos/certs etc.
The cert is valid for 180 days; some countries accept recovery certs for up to 180 days; the US are accepting recovery certs for up to 90 days but the wording on the cert is fine as itís covering the different timeframes for different countries.

Youíre overthinking this; if you had a voucher valid until the end of July, would you question whether you could use it in June?
Youíre fine!
I know! Its just been such a long time in the making im worried we are going to fail at the final hurdle!

Not slept much this week and cant see much happening - just keep thinking we will get all the way to gatwick and be told we cant go because we dont have the right paperwork!
cornishstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Claudette
VIP Dibber
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20
Originally Posted by cornishstar View Post
I know! Its just been such a long time in the making im worried we are going to fail at the final hurdle!

Not slept much this week and cant see much happening - just keep thinking we will get all the way to gatwick and be told we cant go because we dont have the right paperwork!
I had covid about a month before travel, with a logged test, so. I could have got a recovery certificate. I chose not to because I was worried about turning up with the wrong paperwork, I found it less stressful to book the supervised LFT for the day before.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
scooby99
Imagineer
 
scooby99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: London
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I had covid about a month before travel, with a logged test, so. I could have got a recovery certificate. I chose not to because I was worried about turning up with the wrong paperwork, I found it less stressful to book the supervised LFT for the day before.
Each to their own; we also had Covid 4 weeks prior to travel; I found it less stressful to get my recovery certs & know, 2 weeks before travel, for certain that we were going rather than not have that certainty until the day before.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
Claudette
VIP Dibber
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 20
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Each to their own; we also had Covid 4 weeks prior to travel; I found it less stressful to get my recovery certs & know, 2 weeks before travel, for certain that we were going rather than not have that certainty until the day before.
Exactly each to their own, and OP like me is worrying about the recovery certificate, so I am pointing out the alternative. With the recovery certificate, I would have been worried until the morning of check in when somebody looked at it (which sounds like OP is).
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
lovinit
slightly serious Dibber
 
lovinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 12
Location: Cheshire
We did verifly with BA but with our LFT tests. But because we were travelling to MIA from MAN via LHR it wouldnít let us do online check in.
We had to wait until the morning to check in at the airport which was v v annoying.
We were not allocated seats on the MIA flight until we arrived at LHR and were were really lucky that we got seats together as we were in WTP which was full.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1766
CaxtonFX  $1.1792
Covent Garden FX  $1.1923
FAIRFX  $1.1833
John Lewis  $1.1767
M&S  $1.1578
Post Office  $1.1569
Sainsburys  $1.1736
TESCO  $1.1776
Travelex  $1.1746
Updated: 02:30 03/07/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1308
CaxtonFX  €1.1241
Covent Garden FX  €1.1453
FAIRFX  €1.1346
John Lewis  €1.1335
M&S  €1.1153
Post Office  €1.1145
Sainsburys  €1.1280
TESCO  €1.1323
Travelex  €1.1302
Updated: 02:30 03/07/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X