Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishstar
New Poster (3)

what shall we do? Help

First time here on the dibb, friend recommended it - we are due to travel this weekend

Flying with BA to Orlando MCO

We had covid at the end of April - we have since purchased recovery certificates from Zoomdoc.

is this the right company? Wont let me post a link but the website has a red teardrop with white heart and red cross inside

Certificates state valid for 180 days but i know the US is 90 days - does that matter?

Should we be trying for LFTs on Friday (reluctant as I was still testing positive on day 16)

Will we be able to upload these to the BA document thing and subsequently complete OLCI (two kids in the group 13 & 9)

Not sure i can cope with the stress of waiting until the day of the flight to check in

So scared that we are going to let the kids down - this trip has been moved so many time
cornishstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Welcome to The Dibb. I can't help as I've not gone through the process, but lots of Dibbers have so you should get some answers soon. However, I have read that some, not all, people have had problems uploading their recovery certificates due to technical issues, but they've been accepted at the airport. I've yet to read of anyone turning up with their recovery certificates and being denied

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We flew on Sunday to Tampa with BA using ZoomDoc recovery certs.
We didn’t even consider doing day before tests as we had recovery certs.

We’ve completed VeriFly successfully on our 3 previous trips to the US with tests the day before; however, our experience was that we couldn’t complete VeriFly with the recovery certs.
However, they were accepted without question at check-in.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishstar
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We flew on Sunday to Tampa with BA using ZoomDoc recovery certs.
We did’nt even think of doing day before tests as we had recovery certs.

We’ve completed VeriFly successfully on our 3 previous trips to the US with tests the day before; however, our experience was that we couldn’t complete VeriFly with the recovery certs.
However, they were accepted without question at check-in.
Thanks - Assume your certs had the same logo as the ones we have (irrationally thinking we have the wrong zoom doc) and also said valid for 180 days?
cornishstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishstar View Post
Thanks - Assume your certs had the same logo as the ones we have (irrationally thinking we have the wrong zoom doc) and also said valid for 180 days?
Yep; same company/ logos/certs etc.
The cert is valid for 180 days; some countries accept recovery certs for up to 180 days; the US are accepting recovery certs for up to 90 days but the wording on the cert is fine as it’s covering the different timeframes for different countries.

You’re overthinking this; if you had a voucher valid until the end of July, would you question whether you could use it in June?
You’re fine!

Edited at 03:45 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishstar
New Poster (3)

Yep; same company/ logos/certs etc.
The cert is valid for 180 days; some countries accept recovery certs for up to 180 days; the US are accepting recovery certs for up to 90 days but the wording on the cert is fine as it’s covering the different timeframes for different countries.

You’re overthinking this; if you had a voucher valid until the end of July, would you question whether you could use it in June?
You’re fine!
I know! Its just been such a long time in the making im worried we are going to fail at the final hurdle!

Not slept much this week and cant see much happening - just keep thinking we will get all the way to gatwick and be told we cant go because we dont have the right paperwork!
Old 25 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishstar View Post
I know! Its just been such a long time in the making im worried we are going to fail at the final hurdle!

Not slept much this week and cant see much happening - just keep thinking we will get all the way to gatwick and be told we cant go because we dont have the right paperwork!
I had covid about a month before travel, with a logged test, so. I could have got a recovery certificate. I chose not to because I was worried about turning up with the wrong paperwork, I found it less stressful to book the supervised LFT for the day before.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I had covid about a month before travel, with a logged test, so. I could have got a recovery certificate. I chose not to because I was worried about turning up with the wrong paperwork, I found it less stressful to book the supervised LFT for the day before.
Each to their own; we also had Covid 4 weeks prior to travel; I found it less stressful to get my recovery certs & know, 2 weeks before travel, for certain that we were going rather than not have that certainty until the day before.
Old 26 May 22, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Each to their own; we also had Covid 4 weeks prior to travel; I found it less stressful to get my recovery certs & know, 2 weeks before travel, for certain that we were going rather than not have that certainty until the day before.
Exactly each to their own, and OP like me is worrying about the recovery certificate, so I am pointing out the alternative. With the recovery certificate, I would have been worried until the morning of check in when somebody looked at it (which sounds like OP is).
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

We did verifly with BA but with our LFT tests. But because we were travelling to MIA from MAN via LHR it wouldn’t let us do online check in.
We had to wait until the morning to check in at the airport which was v v annoying.
We were not allocated seats on the MIA flight until we arrived at LHR and were were really lucky that we got seats together as we were in WTP which was full.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List