Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 May 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Question Booking Disney Parks

Not sure if this is in the correct Forum?
I have secured our tickets for Disney & Universal with a deposit with Florida Tix. Although you don’t have to pay the full amount until 5 weeks before you go to Orlando, I’m thinking we should pay for them asap in order to pre book the Disney Parks in plenty of time. I’m thinking then that as we have a 14 Day Ticket we should then book a Disney park for the 14 days to give us some flexibility, then fit in Universal, IOA, Sea World & some shopping days around these booked days. We could then cancel the days we would not be going in to Disney. Have not been since booking is a requirement.
Does this sound like a good plan or are we being selfish by booking then cancelling.
We would appreciate any comments, information.
Thank you.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Coffeedrinker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by anstee33 View Post
Not sure if this is in the correct Forum?
I have secured our tickets for Disney & Universal with a deposit with Florida Tix. Although you don’t have to pay the full amount until 5 weeks before you go to Orlando, I’m thinking we should pay for them asap in order to pre book the Disney Parks in plenty of time. I’m thinking then that as we have a 14 Day Ticket we should then book a Disney park for the 14 days to give us some flexibility, then fit in Universal, IOA, Sea World & some shopping days around these booked days. We could then cancel the days we would not be going in to Disney. Have not been since booking is a requirement.
Does this sound like a good plan or are we being selfish by booking then cancelling.
We would appreciate any comments, information.
Thank you.
Can't see what you're suggesting as being selfish (reserving then cancelling select days). Your money is as good as anyone else's, and plenty make ADRs & resort bookings with a view to cancelling/moving/rearranging nearer the time as plans firm up.

Better to have the option and cancel, than to not make the reservations, find that you need them but they've all gone.
2022: Port Orleans French Quarter
2023: Port Orleans French Quarter (October!}
Coffeedrinker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I didn’t have to pay in full with ATD to book my Disney park days, I’m not sure if it’s different with who you’ve booked with?

I just linked my booking to MDE. using the reservation number on the confirmation email and then I was able to book parks.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
I didn’t have to pay in full with ATD to book my Disney park days, I’m not sure if it’s different with who you’ve booked with?

I just linked my booking to MDE. using the reservation number on the confirmation email and then I was able to book parks.
Have you got a package with hotel and tickets? If so , then that's why as it sounds like the OP has just bought tickets with them so needs the ticket numbers to link to MDE which they won't get until they've paid in full.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Have you got a package with hotel and tickets? If so , then that's why as it sounds like the OP has just bought tickets with them so needs the ticket numbers to link to MDE which they won't get until they've paid in full.
Yeah that’s right.

If it’s just tickets then I’d just pay it off now anyway so that the parks can be booked.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Definitely book for every day just in case. You never know when there might be bad weather etc.
SamH88 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Our holiday is with B A so this is just for tickets.🙂
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33

Thank you everyone, that’s what we will do. Once we pay we will get the tickets within a week so we will have the numbers to book. We haven’t got Genie? Not going to bother, will take our chances there.🙂
Old 26 May 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Don’t feel selfish or anything! I’ve just come back and we booked for every day including days we were at Universal just in case we needed to change things (and we did as there were bad storms forecasted on our original Volcano Bay day!) We never had any issues getting new reservations or changing our reservations except one day when MK was blocked out but we just did Epcot and then park hopped. I’m glad we always had a safety net though. I hope they do away with park reservations though as it was a bit of a faff changing them around!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

Disney have forced people into this situation of having to pre-book park days, sometimes months in advance, so they must expect people to book all the dates they can. You're not being selfish. It's really easy to cancel the reservations, even at the last minute, so do what you have to do to ensure you get the holiday you want.
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List