Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Air tanker views

Our flight with Thomas cook has been changed to an air tanker. Is this comparable to our original flight on the airbus? We've not got our premium seats now but would be ok in economy as long as they are ok.

Thank you
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

We flew TC Airtanker last September. It's a really good, comfortable flight with great leg room. DH is 6"2' and had plenty room. Food was fine - entertainment was ok - we paid for the upgrade. Seat back TVs with USB port.
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We flew on the air tanker in August and it was great, seats were really comfy and we had plenty of room, I wouldn't be disappointed at all with the air tanker
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Thank you, appreciate your replies.
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hey hey my fav subject

1) Its a bloody marvellous plane
2) complain to TC HQ (relations.customer@thomascook.com) and they will let you keep your Premium privileges.
3) You ARE entitled to 100% of the premium fee back
4) You ARE entitled to 75% of the ENTIRE COST of the flights (minus pe fee and taxes) under EU Regs Article 10. DO NOT let them put you off by saying Article 3 says you only get this if they tell you at the airport. AND you get to keep the flights...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Only just read this! They agreed to switch us to premium going out so was happy with that...welll I was until yesterday when social media posts are saying no seat back to being provided...feel like I've been conned... is it 1970 air plane travel!
Old 27 Jan 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
I'm flying on the new air tanker that not out yet. The one without seat back TVs!
TC have given me priority package and are providing me with charging things to charge our iPads still not happy though. Dreading it
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lushie
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
I'm flying on the new air tanker that not out yet. The one without seat back TVs!
TC have given me priority package and are providing me with charging things to charge our iPads still not happy though. Dreading it
Do you mind me asking how you got a priority package? Is it just as simple as calling to complain? We are on the new air tanker from Manchester in September. Not too happy about it tbh as a big speech about their a330 was what prompted us to pick tc over Thompson
Lushie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Saddy1996
Excited about Disney

We hope to fly Thomas cook next august purely because we can go from Stansted. I gather the flights won't be out until 12 months before. You said you paid for upgrade on back of seat TVs. Where are they if you don't have upgrade?
Saddy1996 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lushie View Post
Do you mind me asking how you got a priority package? Is it just as simple as calling to complain? We are on the new air tanker from Manchester in September. Not too happy about it tbh as a big speech about their a330 was what prompted us to pick tc over Thompson
I messaged them asking about the new air tanker and said I wasn't happy. I said my children iPads arnt going to last the whole 9 hours. That is when the said they would send me 4 battery packs with 2/3 charges on each. They also gave me the priority package for originally telling me the plane had charging stations when they didn't. Iv been messaging them via Facebook for a few weeks to get info out of them. They have tried their best though to be fair. We will manage. Hope you get it sorted.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List