Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Laundry!

I always do the main bulk of laundry on a Friday with bits and pieces done as needed.

I never really know what to use when I do the laundry.

Fabric conditioner. Powder. Tablets. Pods. Gel. Unstoppables. Dryer sheets. Bio. Non bio. Laundry bags.

What do you use to do laundry?
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Powder, bought in a huge cardboard box, which I find preferable to buying too much plastic buying the liquid bottles etc. Also, it's pretty cost effective. My OH only allows bio, he doesn't believe in non-bio (except for allergic people) so we use bio powder, usually a supermarket own brand unless a big brand is on sale cheaper.

Stopped with fabric conditioner years ago. When my kids were small (they are 9 and 7 now) I stopped using it as I used cloth nappies and you aren't supposed to use it with them as it can reduce absorbency. Never started again.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Also, what is an unstoppable? And you didn't have anything like soap nuts on your list! (which I used to use but didn't feel they were really getting things clean enough so switched to powder).
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Also, what is an unstoppable? And you didn't have anything like soap nuts on your list! (which I used to use but didn't feel they were really getting things clean enough so switched to powder).
I just thought of the things off the top of my head, I’ve never heard of soap nuts! Think that’s why I’m asking, to get more ideas of what to use and what’s best really.

Unstoppables are little fragrance beads, as far as I’m aware they’re just an extra to make stuff smell nicer.

I’m an amateur launderer.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always use Unstoppables on bedding and my going out clothes that I won't be wearing for a while.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We use big box powder and fabric conditioner. That’s it. I stopped using liquid in any form when I got a new machine as I read ( on here I think) that it was liquid that made your machine smell and go gungy, and I have to say I’ve not had any problems since only using powder. I like either daz or Persil bio and I tend to buy when it’s on offer.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

When I moved out, I just copied what my mum used. I use pods, fabric conditioner and I throw in some unstoppables when I remember. I've continued to use pods as I don't know which compartment to put powder in!

I have no idea if this is right, is there a right and a wrong way? Our laundry comes out clean and smell fine!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I use essential Waitrose brands as they are cruelty free. I use non-bio liquid and a fabric conditioner.
As long as it’s cruelty free I don’t mind what I use.
I also throw in a colour catcher in every wash.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I use Smol liquid pods. They're only small and allegedly the ingredients aren't as harmful to the environment, and they do a really good job. They are on a regular delivery in line with my usage, so I don't have to think about them, and they're really good value for money.

I also use Smol dishwasher tablets, and they do a better job than Fairy Platinum or Finish Quantum which is what I used previously (depending which was on offer )
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Person non-bio and colour catchers. Fabric softeners and smelly stuff plays havoc with skin and my kids have sensitive skin
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List