Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Feb 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Contempo changing to love rentals virgin villas

Anyone been recently with the villas allocation on arrival now that the management has changed from contempo to love rentals.

How have you found it?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Contempo went bust at the end of last year so it all changed then. I’ve not heard anything bad but I’ve also not heard anything good either!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Contempo went bust at the end of last year so it all changed then. I’ve not heard anything bad but I’ve also not heard anything good either!
Think that’s what’s worrying me. Another thread on here was in the same boat. I’ve PM but no response yet. All they said was that when they got there they were upgraded. What worries me is if there are no villas at all and they put us in a hotel. Wouldn’t be happy with that at all.

I think next time I am going to book diy. Just got to convince hubby to pay for us to go back again. He’s currently said no to any more holiday beyond what is booked which is a two week crusie, three weeks Florida and one week cruise so can’t really blame him.

I’ve been having a nosey at your villa actually cos I’ve read your trip reports and had a good look at your website. If I even do have the balls to go diy I think i might go for yours but it will probably be in 2022 now as I’m sure I can convince him in that time.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Harrypo19
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Anyone been recently with the villas allocation on arrival now that the management has changed from contempo to love rentals.

How have you found it?
As your due to go before me can you update on how you found the villas please? As I’m worrying to & due to go in June
Harrypo19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes sure.
We did same last year and it was amazing. I think I’m worried as it has changed hands
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Harrypo19

Mobile

Same as us! We went last June & virgin standard AoA villa , Contempo being the management company, was amazing no complaints ! However I noticed the change to Love Villas on the virgin holidays app & started to get slightly concerned as I googled them but have found little to nothing! Just worrying it won’t be as nice as last year I think
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Harrypo19

Mobile

Originally Posted by Harrypo19 View Post
Same as us! We went last June & virgin standard AoA villa , Contempo being the management company, was amazing no complaints ! However I noticed the change to Love Villas on the virgin holidays app & started to get slightly concerned as I googled them but have found little to nothing! Just worrying it won’t be as nice as last year I think
Sorry love rentals
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
The only thing that has happened is a middle man has gone bust

The number of available villas hasn’t actually changed, so in theory everything should be no better or worse than it was before

Actually, the more time that passes, the more settled the situation should become

Regards

Gary
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
The only thing that has happened is a middle man has gone bust

The number of available villas hasn’t actually changed, so in theory everything should be no better or worse than it was before

Actually, the more time that passes, the more settled the situation should become

Regards

Gary
My issue was two things. Someone had issues where there were no villa when they arrived and had to go in a hotel. The other they managed to find a villa but it was a very long drive from Disney.
Unfortunately I seem to be hearing worse things about virgin as I go. I am just praying that it all turns out this year and then next time I think I’ll be doing diy
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
My issue was two things. Someone had issues where there were no villa when they arrived and had to go in a hotel. The other they managed to find a villa but it was a very long drive from Disney.
Unfortunately I seem to be hearing worse things about virgin as I go. I am just praying that it all turns out this year and then next time I think I’ll be doing diy
When are you going? If it's not peak you should be OK.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List