Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Feb 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Where are you seeing prices?
They are on barclaycard pre sale with 10% off Until 8:59 this morning then they are released general sale at 9am this morning , they are also doing an instalment ticket . I think it’s £237 ish for the weekend ticket.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
You bad mother lol fancy telling him to use suncream. My daughter has been really sunburnt every year shes been. Despite me sending her with cream. That prob got stolen along with chairs flag pole and trolley. They stink when they come home too.
I know, I felt so bad 😂😂 I was very surprised he had listened to me, but it was a scorcher that year . He has had tents trampling or slashed and had a phone stolen (back pocket!) one year (luckily not an expensive one) I really don’t see the attraction of festivals, but he really enjoyed them and no real harm came to him or his friends. I do think it’s wise to go with a few reliable friends though so they can look out for each other
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
My daughter is saying she is going- becasue her 'friendship group' (in our day it was 'mates') are all going after doing their GCSEs. Fortunately not stopping over but coming home each day, but cannot say I am happy- it is full of drugs.
My daughter said the same if I'm honest, luckily she's not into that scene at all, but it does open your eyes when they tell you what they've seen 😳
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
He’s 19 and I hoping I’ve raised him well enough to be sensible . It’s a group of uni friends who’s going . I’m hoping he comes to his senses as it’s extortionate but I suppose you are only young once . It’s not my cup of tea at all and I’m not paying for it ( except to buy the early release tickets). He’s going to Magaluf as well for a week so it’s going to be a long summer for me I reckon .
Sam, your son sounds to me like he's got his head screwed on right, doesn't stop you worrying, my daughters been going abroad a long time now without me, I track her flight every time, we what's app and keep in touch only time I worried though was when she didn't go away with her boyfriend and went with her bestie who had never been abroad before... The friendship survived but my daughter constantly moaned about her friend who she really does love lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Sam, your son sounds to me like he's got his head screwed on right, doesn't stop you worrying, my daughters been going abroad a long time now without me, I track her flight every time, we what's app and keep in touch only time I worried though was when she didn't go away with her boyfriend and went with her bestie who had never been abroad before... The friendship survived but my daughter constantly moaned about her friend who she really does love lol x
They’ve bought the tickets so I can only hope they are sensible, I can’t think why they wouldn’t be if I’m honest . Being lads they won’t need much so hopefully won’t be subject to theft etc. I suppose you do a festival once and love it or hate it. We keep telling them to live life to the max then Moan and worry when they do lol. There are drugs everywhere these days and I just pray they don’t have a moment of madness. As you know we don’t live far so can always pick him up and take him back if needs be .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

They’ve bought the tickets so I can only hope they are sensible, I can’t think why they wouldn’t be if I’m honest . Being lads they won’t need much so hopefully won’t be subject to theft etc. I suppose you do a festival once and love it or hate it. We keep telling them to live life to the max then Moan and worry when they do lol. There are drugs everywhere these days and I just pray they don’t have a moment of madness. As you know we don’t live far so can always pick him up and take him back if needs be .
Yep we said same to Meg and her friends, give them the freedom they want but also say we arnt far away if needed x
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I don’t know how to highlight but your words about how we tell them to live life to the max and then moan when they do is so true xx

We can just trust them and hope other’s stupid behaviour doesn’t spoil it for them too. Most teenagers have some scrapes.

My eldest two suffered many hangovers,either lost or had items stolen, were mugged (luckily no more than scrapes to them but phones and wallets stolen), debit card fraud (he lost his card at the cinema, didn’t realise til the next day and despite having £200 saved from his first term in uni for Xmas presents ended up overdrawn by someone using his card and signing for purchases in pubs 😔 ), getting lost or stranded after nights out and needed picking up, and numerous arguments with friends and heartbreaks over girls that we’ve needed to be there for.

But they are both now responsible adults in their 30’s and flown the nest (too far away to see the eldest often too 😔 ) They still need us sometimes though, and we are always there when they do 💕
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I'm sure they will have a safe fantastic time. It's a bit like a right of passage going to a festival. I was like a cat on hot bricks the first year my daughter went. Some of the stories she told me after made my hair curl. She went with a close group of college friends and they looked out for each other. X