Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone else finding prices stupidly high?

We love DLP, have been around 7 times in the last 10 years, haven't been for 2 years now, but were planning to take DS to WDW next year so saving hard for that, we did fancy a little trip to DLP this year as it's been a few years since we have been, however the prices are just ridiculous...

We usually go for 5 nights, and was looking to go in June, outside school holidays, however with hotel, and travel were looking at around £2200-£2600 depending on where we stay (onsite) and offsite is still coming in at around £1800-£2300 (once you've added on park tickets), just to put this into context, I priced up WDW for 2 weeks, going out on the same dates, and staying onsite is coming in at £2400! How on earth can 5 nights at DLP be almost the same price as Florida?!

Years ago we used to be able to do DLP on a budget, but seems it's harder now... We stayed onsite at DLP for the first time 2 years ago, and even then for 5 nights in Newport Bay it came in at £1700ish, including travel, which I can justify for onsite, especially as it included HB.

Anyone else finding the prices really high this year?
MK_club1987 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

It definitely has increased massively over the past couple of years - we used to be able to do a 4n/5d school holiday trip staying at the Santa Fe for less than £1000 now that same trip is coming up at almost £2000.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
It definitely has increased massively over the past couple of years - we used to be able to do a 4n/5d school holiday trip staying at the Santa Fe for less than £1000 now that same trip is coming up at almost £2000.
Yeah it's ridiculous, DS starts school in September so it's going to be even worse if we have to stick to school holidays in future...

I'm not sure how they can justify the price at the minute, I said to DW last night I could maybe suck it up and pay it if all the new lands were open but with them not being open yet, I don't see that much will have changed since we went 2 years ago.
MK_club1987 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We've found for our last few trips that the prices on the French site are much more reasonable than the UK ones so might be worth checking there.

We got 4nights at the SF for Feb Half Term for 720 euros on French site, which was £1450 on the UK one.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We've found for our last few trips that the prices on the French site are much more reasonable than the UK ones so might be worth checking there.

We got 4nights at the SF for Feb Half Term for 720 euros on French site, which was £1450 on the UK one.
Thanks, will check the French site out.
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've just had a look myself. The Nature Village is over £500 cheaper on the French site for the same dates! Wonder why this is?
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Actually, I've just noticed that the French site states 30% off hotel and tickets but the UK site specifies just 10% off. Cheeky!
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I've noticed this too, bear in mind that the end of March is usually when they release the next batch of offers on the UK site so it may be that a number of hotels have run out of their current offer 'allocation' so are showing much higher prices, I've especially noticed that with Sequoia Lodge for October time, presumably because demand is high for SL because New York is closed.

It might be worth holding off until April then checking again just in case prices settle back down again? I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Bear in mind you can book any country’s offer.

Our last trip was November and was £700 at Cheyenne for 3 nights with half board (2 adults).

I cannot bring myself to pay 4 figures for DLP (except once when the PPI Fairy enabled us to book the DLH!)

If it gets over 1k then I’m going for annual passes and an offsite stay.

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Which offsite hotels are you looking at for that price?

We usually look at the Val d’Europe hotels as we don’t like relying on a shuttle. Places like Adagio, Ibis, Elysee etc - just one stop on the RER and so easy.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List