Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jan 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I always wonder who on earth will order those pre-packaged Uncrustable .

But I was thinking that kids will be allowed to sub the Apple Sauce or fruit for fries.
Aren't they?
Yes they have always been able to get fries but they don’t make it obvious as they are trying to appear healthy.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lacrymosa146
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
It was 3 snack for 1 child credit ...it has really devalued the credits worth.
This is so disappointing.

We go in two weeks. I am not sure what my 3 and 5 year old are going to eat. I was hoping to exchange some of their credits for snacks as the child meals are rubbish.

Almost wishing I chose to stay off site now!
lacrymosa146 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lacrymosa146 View Post
This is so disappointing.

We go in two weeks. I am not sure what my 3 and 5 year old are going to eat. I was hoping to exchange some of their credits for snacks as the child meals are rubbish.

Almost wishing I chose to stay off site now!
Are you on free dining ...if so I would upgrade the ticket adults... My youngest has to be 9 or under in the room we are in so we can't.

I have paid for really expensive flights for our holiday and this has been a really disappointing change ... I'm not sure why Disney couldn't process the credits as adults ones for people who have already booked as the reality now against the expectations are completely different.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lacrymosa146
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Are you on free dining ...if so I would upgrade the ticket adults... My youngest has to be 9 or under in the room we are in so we can't.

I have paid for really expensive flights for our holiday and this has been a really disappointing change ... I'm not sure why Disney couldn't process the credits as adults ones for people who have already booked as the reality now against the expectations are completely different.
Yes, free dining. QSDP only.

However, we have booked CRT, Tuskers and Garden Grill. We will be paying OOP for these. I don't really want to have to pay adult prices for my children for these meals.
lacrymosa146 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by lacrymosa146 View Post
Yes, free dining. QSDP only.

However, we have booked CRT, Tuskers and Garden Grill. We will be paying OOP for these. I don't really want to have to pay adult prices for my children for these meals.
If you are paying cash you would still pay kids prices. They don’t check your ticket if you are paying oop.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Yes and what makes it worse is they see you tucking into 'normal' much nicer food but instead of a smaller portion of that they are stuck with an invention of the devil (DGS description) such as uncrustables or whatever they are

To keep the peace you may feel obliged to hand over your own meal and eat the child's offering yourself
This is my problem entirely... even in this country, dd tends to eat from the adult menu when we go out as children’s option are often so beige and she loves tucking into ‘proper food’! I’ll have to have a good think with dh about what we will do. There is always too much food so I guess we can probably share then use the child’s meal to supplement, it’s much easier for me than others as I only have one child to negotiate with ... I can see this being a real pain for people with more kids.
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lacrymosa146
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
If you are paying cash you would still pay kids prices. They don’t check your ticket if you are paying oop.
Thank you, that is worth knowing.

Will I be able to upgrade my children's tickets to adult tickets at such a late date? As I said, I go in two weeks.

Also, has it been confirmed that 1 child QS credit = 1 snack or is this just a rumour?
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

1qs : 1 snack. It’s just Rumour as far as I can see.

I’ve never upgraded so I don’t know how late you can do it. But given the changes I’d expect they are upgrading a lot of people at the moment.
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
1qs : 1 snack. It’s just Rumour as far as I can see.

I’ve never upgraded so I don’t know how late you can do it. But given the changes I’d expect they are upgrading a lot of people at the moment.
I can imagine a lot of people there right now don't realise the changes and are currently burning through adult credits and will find they only have a stack of kid credits left come the second week. I think there is going to be a lot of annoyed people.

Edited at 05:19 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This is what I was wondering as to how it would work as if they are going to be taking adult credits where child ones arnt available then it’s going to leave us short for adult credits?!
We don’t go til August so time for them to smooth things out yet.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List