Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jun 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just want to say I hope that things get better for you all, am thinking of you.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sending virtual <<<<hugs>>>> - it's all I can do x
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry things didn't go well yesterday. I am sure you have probably tried everything already. However when my niece was really struggling with her eating disorder we found distraction from eating helped. By this I mean putting head phones on whilst eating or sometimes just one of us talking about anything but eating whilst she ate. She also had a plan for each day of what she would do. Any of our family could be on the plan and we all did whatever it was she wanted to do. This was all about her being in control of something other than her weight and eating. We were told at the time that her eating disorder may have been because she felt that she could not control what was happening in normal life so she took control of her eating by not eating. I really feel for you it was such a terribly hard time for the whole family. I hope that things improve for you all.
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to post again but another thing we did was to make sure as much of the food she ate was as calorific as possible. As an example mash potato was made with lots of butter and cream. Then you only need a small amount on the plate. Also quite a few of the healthy looking cereal bars are actually quite high in calories or fat. So would look healthy to my niece but would actually help her to put on weight. The other thing my sister would do was melt chocolate and get my niece to dip fruit in it. Again I am sure you are aware of all of these already, just thought I would mention them in case anything could help.
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
so sorry to hear about what happened yesterday - I honestly don't know how you cope, it must be so difficult and heart breaking to see your DD like this and to hear her saying the things she's saying.

I really hope things become easier soon.
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

I just don't know what to say really other than I wish I could wave a magic wand for you all. All I can say is that I'm sending you all hugs and hoping that your daughter gets the help she needs to get back on the road to recovery very soon. Hugs to the you all.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sorry to read that things aren't improving.

Very tough when she's 18 and able to make her own decisions medically.

Must be so so hard on all of you.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear your update. I can't even begin to imagine how you're coping and for your DS too.

Sending you all virtual hugs and love
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all the hugs guys. The letter from the doctor arrived in the post today , so impressive service- obviously written straight after the meeting and posted first class. The Dr has already spent half an hour on the phone to our GP and also on the phone to Emma's current outpatient service so she cant ask for more than that.
She has been put on an admission waiting list for 3 weeks , it has been stressed that if the admission becomes more urgent , then the hospital choice may diminish to the point where it could be miles away.
The next week is crucial.
Today has been a little better. She had some fruit with her breakfast. Her mum did her 2 waffles rather than 1 for tea, that resulted in half an hour refusing to come down for tea, eventually she came , no matter what we tried , including another 20-30 after the end of the first waffle, the second waffle wasn't going anywhere near her mouth. Went on the floor 3 times !
still she agreed to have strawberries and custard for pudding rather than just custard. And that was managed with minimal fuss.
She is currently drawing up her meal plan, which is a huge step forward, ( of course she won't let us see it yet ) She realises the seriousness of the situation , which I think is the first time despite months of warnings from all sorts of people.
Think some progress has been made

Shona, DD has a whole stash of fortisip which is an expensive nutritional drink used when Emma was in hospital when the patients couldn't eat. It hasn't been touched for months as she simply refuses, but thanks for the suggestion re the milkshake but that is just a much too big a step for her .

Mazzadee , I get where you are coming from re control. That's been said many times to us. But giving her an inch and she takes about 20 miles and its almost like we are feeding the disorder as the disorder is taking control. We have been advised to treat her just like anyone else .

The high calorie things are the ones she shuns the most. Butter won't go anywhere near her mouth. Chocolate sauce would be heaven in most eyes but again is a big no in Emma's . She hasn't eaten a proper bar of chocolate, crisps or cake etc in 2 years. She knows what kind of stuff has calories , and what doesn't and it is the calories that put her off. Again thanks for the suggestions. She does already have cereal bars - that's one thing we can get her to have in limited quantities
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:26 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It must be so hard for you all hopefully she will draw up her meal plan and stick to it if it's
suitable
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List