Notices

Old 12 Jun 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Behappy View Post
Excellent pre-trippie. I think you're right to have cancelled CRT on your first evening. I expect everyone would be too tired to enjoy it.

You've got some great plans, and I can't wait to read more.
Thank you so much - I was relieved when I found the lunch reservation!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Thank you so much - I was relieved when I found the lunch reservation!
I bet you were. There's are a few things that just give it the extra magical touch, and this reservation is one of them in my opinion. 😄
Old 27 Jun 16, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Mobile

You have planed my perfect WDW stay!

I headed over here from my AKL trip report request thread and so glad I did!

You're doing loads that we want to do too (well other than the princesses as my DS10 and tomboy DD7 would not enjoy!)

We're staying at AKL for 10days on the DDP before our Disney cruise. Can't wait to try Boma. I'm desperate to do a wishes cruise too. Did you find someone to share with on here? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

Really hope you do a full report when you get back, I would love to read it
Old 27 Jun 16, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SarahJayne View Post
You have planed my perfect WDW stay!

I headed over here from my AKL trip report request thread and so glad I did!

You're doing loads that we want to do too (well other than the princesses as my DS10 and tomboy DD7 would not enjoy!)

We're staying at AKL for 10days on the DDP before our Disney cruise. Can't wait to try Boma. I'm desperate to do a wishes cruise too. Did you find someone to share with on here? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

Really hope you do a full report when you get back, I would love to read it
Hi Sarah Jayne,
Ah thank you glad you are enjoying it! The wishes cruise was $318 in total and we are sharing with another family of three off The Dibb so a very reasonable $159! If you are interested in this there is a thread on here where you can post dates you are going and also see if anyone else already booked and after someone to share with.
Thank you for reading and let me know if anything you want to ask about AKL PS Boma is fabulous! Oo and take a look at Wanyama Safari if you want something extra special! 😊👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

So a few days late for this but just had to come and do a little double digit dance!

Cannot believe the countdown started at over 500 days and now here we are..so on to 3rd September for Fastpass selection day next! Oo and that painful experience of paying the balance next week..

Be back with an update soon, thanks for reading!

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Old 28 Jul 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle13
Trying for More Ears

Great pre-trippie... We also go in November, 15th -6th Dec...can't wait..x
Memphis 2013
Glenbrook Villa Resort 2013
Belle13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Belle13 View Post
Great pre-trippie... We also go in November, 15th -6th Dec...can't wait..x
Thanks! Can't believe the time has come round so fast - almost double digits for you too! 😊
Old 4 Sep 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

**Update 4th September**
So Fastpass choices day came and went and I must say in my rookie experience of this system (last trip was 2010! ) I found it okay, well more than okay as I managed to get what we wanted but must admit felt the pressure when for our first day I couldn't get 7 Dwarves Mine Train - and I had logged on at 12:00! But managed second day fine **exhales loudly** (I had also forewarned my colleagues that under no circumstances were they to disturb me, so what did they so and so's do at 11:50? Knock on the door and start singing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.. gotta love 'em!)

The plan then looks a little like this:-
Day 0 - Pre-travel day - take DD to school (first day back after half term) so myself and DH can get organised, car packed, any last minute mad dashes to shops out the way then collect DD from school at lunch time and drive down to Gatwick where we shall be staying here

We have already booked the Meal Deal so just DD's meal and any extra drinks to pay for.
Day 1 - Travel Day - second flight of the day (after taking car to Long Stay South Terminal and filling our boots with buffet breakfast!) with Virgin to MCO (another first for us - never flown Virgin and never into Orlando International!), PE seats which I always blame on DH being 6'4" so needs the extra room

Hopefully won't be too late when we finally arrive here...

Cannot wait to hear that 'Welcome Home!'
Also using Magical Express for the first time so keeping fingers crossed we don't get one of the Mears buses but you know what? By this point I will be so happy to be there, I won't really care!

Day 2 Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8:40
FP for The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin all in the morning so plenty of time for a few queues afterwards Also have Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique booked for DD as a special treat (her first trip) which is not until 4:10pm - may or may not need nap in between, will play by ear. Will be in no hurry today being our first one as we are back again tomorrow..

Day 3 Magic Kingdom
FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan's Flight and Meet Rapunzel before our 1:15pm reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table - will be taking DD in her BBB get up so she can carry on being a princess today, as couldn't sadly find another time in our trip for BBB at MK that coincided with CRT availability

Quieter afternoon and early night in preparation for..

Day 4 Epcot
FP for Spaceship Earth, Meet Disney Pals and Frozen Ever After, then a spot of quick service dining somewhere (or maybe a few snacks from the Food & Wine Festival?!) then back to the hotel for our 6pm Boma reservation (yum )

Day 5 Hollywood Studios
Even though I have heard food not up to much, am still excited for our 9am Disney Junior Play n' Dine breakfast, just to see character interaction with DD. We follow this with FP for Toy Story Mania, Star Tours and Disney Junior Live on Stage (unsurprisingly! ), again leaving lots of time in the afternoon for a walk round and few more rides.

Day 6
More chilled today, nothing planned until lunch at 12:45 at T-Rex so a bit of shopping in Disney Springs, then a late afternoon/early evening trip to Animal Kingdom with FP for Festival of the Lion King and It's Tough to be a Bug.

Day 7 SeaWorld
Can't wait to try Mako and go on Manta again - one of my faves! Love Journey to Atlantis - but not Wild Arctic simulator - always makes me green for some reason! May have dinner here this evening will play by ear on the day depending on how we all feel, did love eating surrounded by the aquarium!

Day 8
Another lazy day, but getting up early to catch the MK opening show before leisurely making our way to the Polynesian for a 9:30 O'hana Best Friends Breakfast reservation and a look around - love this resort!

Day 9
Relaxed morning then off to Hollywood Studios for second time in the afternoon, with FP for Frozen Sing-along and Tower of Terror (this may get swapped if DD changes her mind when she sees it in our first trip here!) We have 3pm Mama Melrose sitting with preferred seating for Fantasmic - never done this option before so hoping for some good Fantasmic seats

Day 10
Back to Magic Kingdom with FP for Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Philharmagic, before an early finish and another Boma 6pm reservation

PS May do a bit of rescheduling around these few evenings to try and catch BoyzIIMen at the Eat to the Beat concerts in Epcot!

Day 11
Epcot day two with FP for The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Soarin and Turtle Talk, not tied to any dining reservations again, wonder why..

But we do have a big treat as we have a Wishes Cruise booked for this evening! Thanks so much to The Dibb for enabling us to find a likeminded family to share with
Day 12
No concrete park plans but have a late dining reservation at Rose & Crown in Epcot so we can catch Illuminations - am hoping to get an outside table and am prepared to wait! Also to appease DD's love of Yorkshire puddings..

Day 13
Oh no the end is approaching! But still a few good bits left..
Day at the Animal Kingdom with FP for Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Finding Nemo (I will be doing Expedition Everest as single rider as DD too short and DH bad neck so not risking it!)
My treat tonight as dining reservation is Yachtsman Steakhouse, sooo excited!

Day 14 Last Full Day! **sob**
Nothing confirmed again so we can spend as we choose but grabbed a Be Our Guest dinner at 6:50pm hoorah! Cannot wait to soak up the surroundings here.

Day 15 Homeward Bound and hopefully with some fabulous memories, photos, videos and keepsakes and enough notes to write a trip report.. we'll see!

Thanks for reading xx

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Old 7 Sep 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

great trippie - Your plans look amazing
our dates cross over - we will be there with our two little ones
L x
Old 7 Sep 16, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vitfa View Post
great trippie - Your plans look amazing
our dates cross over - we will be there with our two little ones
L x
Thank you very much! Your two look so cute on your pic! Is it their first times? Whereabouts are you staying? X

Edited at 08:08 PM.