Notices

Old 15 Apr 19, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 8 - Sunday 14th April

I woke at 7am today, and then woke everyone else as we were off to AK and unfortunately I'd not been able to secure a FP for Pandora. So the aim was to get there early (checking the elusive FP availability on the way) and/or possibly join the standby line.
We parked near to this old police car, which we had a good look at!

By the time we'd parked up, gone through bag search & security, there were already streams of people coming in - and it's hard to march your kids straight past wonderful sights (like the ant-eater & tree of life) when all they want to do is see what's in front of them & soak everything in. So sadly the plan didn't work and standby was quickly at 4hrs. I'm sure it's fantastic, but no ride is worth that wait imo.
Anyway, we had a good look around at the animals & tree, and the ‘Maharaj tour’, and then headed to our 1st FP which was Kali River Rapids. My middle daughter had a wobble & couldn't decide if she wanted to go on - she was scared of drops despite fact she recently went on simulator rides with drops. A lovely English family re-assured her that there are no drops, more a slide into the water & DD decides she'd give it a go. 😀 She loves it & wanted to go again, but standby was already 70 mins & next available FP was 6.40. We all got drenched but seemed to dry out quickly & all had a good laugh.
We had a further look around, and then had our picnic lunch (which my lovely DH prepared the evening before for us).
After this we watched the Finding Nemo stage show - wow, just loved it (as did youngest DD).
Our next & last FP (yes, we only had 2 today as didn’t need to FP the show & nothing else at all seemed to be available when I booked) was Expedition Everest. Again middle DD had a wobble & adamantly wasn’t going on. DH isn’t keen on coasters, so happily stayed with her & youngest DD who also decided she wasn’t going on.
Me & eldest 2 kids absolutely loved it! Omg, the broken track part where you go backwards! I thought that was the end of the ride when we’d ridden backwards to the bottom!
After this we decided to get various ice creams, including this deliciousness which me, DH & youngest DD all shared.

Eldest DD then bought this set of flip-flop pins for $14.99, very cute! (my girls are all mad on Stitch!).

After this we decided to head home for a swim in the villa pool.
Now, without kids I’d love to stay morning til night & take in all the shows, but it’s just too much for youngest 2, so we’re trying not to do too much.
Also, DH & my eldest 2 were a bit underwhelmed with AK (basically not enough rides & the amount of people on the park means that it seems very crowded (as it’s the smallest park), and also means the rides they do have get very busy. The 2 eldest were disappointed not to be able to ride FOP (as was I).
Bit of a back-story, but at the 30 day out time period for booking fastpasses, unfortunately as I work in a school, I don’t get time when I can log on & do this. DH is at home in the mornings (as works lates), but typically had had a few very very late finishes meaning he wasn’t able to secure the FP either. So on some days I had to do them when I got home from school (4pm ish), therefore didn’t get the FP we wanted. Not sure what we can do about this for a future trip?
Anyway, we drove home & had a swim in the pool & I then cooked some of this ravioli & marinara sauce + garlic bread for dinner. 😋

After clearing dinner things away, we drove to Target at Rolling Oaks (as we were all itching to shop here!) - I love the massive size of their stores. DH isn’t a keen shopper, but tonight was quite happy as he managed to get his new iPod touch! Yay!
The kids bought various sweets & gifts for their friends (and themselves), and I managed to get an Oxo measuring cup.
(I’m hoping to get a few bits myself when we go to Mall of Millenia).
That’s all for tonight & tomorrow we’re off to Epcot.

Edited at 04:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I love that old police car what a find .its a shame you couldn’t get FOP ,there’s always next time .

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love the Stitch pins, I have just treated myself to a pair of gorgeous Stitch pyjamas from Primark this week and love them!

Such a shame about your fastpass, just message me next time you go, with what you want, I am a Fastpass booking ninja!

Looks like a really good day x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love the police car and the Stitch pins!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Love the Stitch pins, I have just treated myself to a pair of gorgeous Stitch pyjamas from Primark this week and love them!

Such a shame about your fastpass, just message me next time you go, with what you want, I am a Fastpass booking ninja!

Looks like a really good day x
Ooh, thank you - that is such a kind offer. Sadly I don’t think we’ll be able to go again until 2022. 😭
I love Primark Disney range - eldest DD has been asking me to take her to the one in Birmingham- apparently it has a cafe, nail bar & all sorts.
Enjoy your Stitch PJ’s! 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Pity about missing Flight Of Passage. I think it’s the best ride in Florida but I agree, NO ride is worth 4hrs.

I’m praying for a FP when my time comes to book.

I love seeing what you are cooking for dinner as I don’t mind a bit of cooking and eating in either. And we always do picnic lunches in the Disney parks too 😃

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame about FOP but you are right, no ride is worth that long a wait. It would have to be going to the moon for me to wait that long - and even then I'd think twice!

When you go next time (because you WILL go again), everybody will be queuing for the Star Wars rides, so the wait won't be as long
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If it makes you feel any better you would never have got FOP at 30 days even if You’d been able to log on when they opened!
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Funnily enough my lot are never overly enamoured with AK, however, I love it. I think DGS will love it this year too so it will be good to have some back up! 4 hours is definitely more of a wait than any ride is worth in my opinion too. Fingers crossed for a Fastpass for FOP at 60 days.