Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Dec 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Oct 2020 ... what to do!

All being well if flights come down to a reasonable cost we are planning a cheapish week October half term - no Disney; just Universal/ Seaworld.

Currently torn on where to stay ... have got the following costs

Rosen Inn - £367 for the week via BA

Universal Endless Summer - £590 via ATD

However OH really wants to do a couple of nights at RPR to benefit from FOTL passes; cheapest I have found this is £386 via Trivago

Cant decide whether to do a mix of Rosen and RPR or a whole week at Universal Endless Summer

Any thoughts/ experiences?
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t forget to add on the cost of parking at endless summer (if you plan on hiring a car) this is always the clincher for me as it raises the cost even more when you factor that in. Also if you aren’t hiring a car factor in Uber cost to restaurants to eat or you are tied to universal restaurants which can be expensive.
We’ve stayed at the Rosen and love it, it’s so central and close to amazing places to eat too and offers free parking. Whenever I’ve compared the two Rosen always comes out more favourably, particularly if we are planning to visit other parks as well as universal.
However we have a weeks trip planned for 2021 which will be just universal parks so we are staying at cabana bay but we won’t have a car and will literally stay on-site the entire week which swayed it for us.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Also if you aren’t hiring a car factor in Uber cost to restaurants to eat or you are tied to universal restaurants which can be expensive.
Just a note on this, there are quite a few restaurants within a short walk of Endless Summer.
IHop is over the road, and Dennys is less than 5 mins away. There is also an IRide stop just outside the hotel, so you can use this to get to the Outlets etc where there are more options for eating.

We spent a week at the Endless Summer in November, and really enjoyed being 'onsite' at Universal, without actually being onsite.

We dont rent a car when over there and spent less than £100 on Ubers throughout the week. This included a day at Disney, and multiple trips to Target/Walmart.

I would prefer to stay at Endless Summer over Rosen (we have stayed at both) as Endless Summer is newer, plus the perks of the free and frequent transport to the Universal parks.