Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Early risers for rise of the resistance !

I know there are several threads on here already and apologies if I am just repeating what others have said but I wanted to share my experience as we managed to ride it 3 times in the opening week.

We were staying on site, but just to warn everyone at the moment there is absolutely no benefit for on-site guests to get on the ride. In fact depending on how early you want to get there buses may not even be running yet and you may need to take an uber or drive

We aimed to arrive at the turnstiles 1 hour before the advertised park opening and we found we got an afternoon/evening boarding group. If you are going at a weekend or during Christmas week I'd aim for 2 hours prior to be safe.

We were told that because of crowd control the gates are opened early when the number of people waiting becomes too great, so the actual time varies everyday but it could be up to 2 hours early.

As soon as the first visitors are scanned into the park the boarding groups open ... so basically as soon as all of your party are in open the app and join a group, there is a link on the the app home screen so its very easy to do, just make sure everyone in your party is linked to your disney experience account first.

It is very hard to gauge from your boarding group number (unless its under 10) when you will get to ride as it was breaking down intermittently throughout the day every time we were there.

When your group is called you will get a notification from the app (so make sure the notifications are turned on, or keep checking the app). You then have 2 hours to return to the ride, so we left the park and did other things and came back later when it was our turn.

Once in queue the average wait time is about 25 minutes but there are water fountains and plenty of ledges to sit on. The Disney play app also has some pretty cool games to play which passes the time.

I won't spoil the ride but we were all amazed when we stepped off and I'd say if you can manage star tours its no more scary than that. We didn't watch anything about the ride before and we were so glad as the surprise made it even better.

The ride broke one time while we were riding but we saw a cast member as we exited and asked if they could do anything for us and they gave us what they called a fastpass ... but basically you get a anytime return for the next 24 hours to join the regular queue, so you still have to queue again for 25 minutes but we thought it was well worth it!

Hope this helps anyone and if you want to know anything else please ask and sorry again if I am just repeating what others have said
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were there last week and managed it 4 times.

Just kept an eye on the current boarding group during the day and calculated approx what time we'd need to make ourselves ready to return.

Amazing ride/experience.

Hoping this system is repeated when we return in March for the Runaway Train!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thats great. I read somewhere that leaving the park would lose the slot but clearly not true from your experience.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disdaydream View Post
We aimed to arrive at the turnstiles 1 hour before the advertised park opening and we found we got an afternoon/evening boarding group. If you are going at a weekend or during Christmas week I'd aim for 2 hours prior to be safe.

We were told that because of crowd control the gates are opened early when the number of people waiting becomes too great, so the actual time varies everyday but it could be up to 2 hours early.
Just for info, the advertised park opening time for this week is 7am and I believe the park is opening around 6:30am (so 30 minutes earlier than advertised). Whereas during Christmas week the advertised opening time is 6am.

I'm not sure I'd want to get up in time to get to the park 2 hours before the advertised opening time during Christmas week - that is, get to the entrance for 4am. It doesn't matter how good the ride is, that's a little too early for me! As far as I'm concerned, there is only one 4 o'clock each day.

Hope you're having a great time at WDW.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:57 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

i have a question. If you’ve got FPs at another park, does that stop you from being able to get a boarding group at Studios.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just for info, the advertised park opening time for this week is 7am and I believe the park is opening around 6:30am (so 30 minutes earlier than advertised). Whereas during Christmas week the advertised opening time is 6am.

I'm not sure I'd want to get up in time to get to the park 2 hours before the advertised opening time during Christmas week - that is, get to the entrance for 4am. It doesn't matter how good the ride is, that's a little too early for me! As far as I'm concerned, there is only one 4 o'clock each day.

Hope you're having a great time at WDW.
Nimbus. Post of the day ref only one 4.00 o'clock.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll report back next week. Good tips OP. I am not getting there for 4am though, no chance. 6 maybe doable.
Old 17 Dec 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

You don't need to get there 2 hours early, utter rubbish.

We rode 5 times, the gates were open every time and we still got on.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disdaydream View Post
The ride broke one time while we were riding but we saw a cast member as we exited and asked if they could do anything for us and they gave us what they called a fastpass ... but basically you get a anytime return for the next 24 hours to join the regular queue, so you still have to queue again for 25 minutes but we thought it was well worth it!
They hand out a paper fast pass to anyone who is actually on or about to enter the ride, when it goes down. Everyone is given this.

What you may not know is that you can still use your boarding pass also within 2 hours if it's back up and running.

On Saturday, I was approached by what looked a senior manager after I had complained about the ride going down again, she gave my daughter and I fast passes to every major ride in Hollywood studios whilst we waited.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for this, I’m very impressed that some have ridden it several times in one day..any other tips greatly appreciated - we can’t wait to see it !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List