Notices

Old 16 Nov 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? Seaworld And Dine With Shamu

This was another rearranged day kindly done by seaworld. It was 2013 once our last visit so the kids were looking forward to trying the new kraken and mako. We arrived at 10am which was lucky as the park had just opened . My lord was this park quiet and quiet all day. I think the only people who were in were all doing dine with Shamu as well.
It's a real shame as we loved the park last visit . Anyway the rides were walk ons but we found out quickly kraken was closed , much to the kids disappointment , as it hadn't been mentioned before.
Anyway they rode manta numerous times and convinced me to go on mako. Now I wasn't overly keen as it's rather high and you dint look like you are strapped in well but boy what a ride . Thoroughly enjoyed it even though I'm not a big coaster fan.
12:30 came around and it was time for dine with Shamu. I have to say I much preferred the format now you have lunch first then move over to the stadium . The food was really good and plentiful and you had plenty of time to eat. We were also to take drinks with us.
After lunch we did Atlantis a few times , never done it last visit , and had a good laugh. It's a great water ride and a bit of a surprise really.

We decided to call it a day around 3:30pm as we were going to the outlets to spend and the park was so quiet we got it all done quiet quickly. As much as I love seaworld I'm not sure we will be returning soon again.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
We said exactly the same ! Don’t think we would bother with Seaworld if we ever go to Orlando again. Everything was pretty much walk on though which was a bonus. Luckily Kraken was open both times we visited. We did think the park was a bit lacklustre though. Even the One Ocean show was a disappointment and the trainer apologised as the whales must have been having an off day. Didn’t bother seeing it again the second visit.
Glad you had a good time.
I really must get round to completing my trippie !

Not sure if it was my imagination but I was convinced Eleanor’s sickness was from the stinky water on Atlantis ! We went again before we came home and she was sick again ! Hope all your family are now fully recovered and it didn’t have too much of an impact on your holiday.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We said exactly the same ! Don’t think we would bother with Seaworld if we ever go to Orlando again. Everything was pretty much walk on though which was a bonus. Luckily Kraken was open both times we visited. We did think the park was a bit lacklustre though. Even the One Ocean show was a disappointment and the trainer apologised as the whales must have been having an off day. Didn’t bother seeing it again the second visit.
Glad you had a good time.
I really must get round to completing my trippie !

Not sure if it was my imagination but I was convinced Eleanor’s sickness was from the stinky water on Atlantis ! We went again before we came home and she was sick again ! Hope all your family are now fully recovered and it didn’t have too much of an impact on your holiday.
I enjoyed it but as you say it just lacked something this time. The animal interaction has really cut back but it’s njce to see the rescue work continuing .

Callum started the first full day and then Ethan the next the mum. The kids had it just over 24 hrs but mum was worse . I suppose the amount of surfaces and rides you touch doesn’t help at all as well as water from the rides . Mum is still not 100% but it all affected her thyroxin . She still isn’t eating like she was but we are all suffering jet lag . We did ha e a great holiday eve though we had to rearrange a lot of things but it worked out for the better in a way. I’d planned eat g onsite etc but with cancelling a few through illness and eating elsewhere it opened my eyes to how bad disney food quality was this time round and the cost really is extortionate so I saved over $700 just on cancelling adrs.

I want to read all about your cruise so get writing
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

I know I need to get on with it ! We got back home Monday at 8pm and was back in work Tuesday morning and I dont feel like I’m back to normal yet !
The cruise really was fantastic.
I had plans for the first week that were all changed too. I think it taught me a lesson about over planning !
Hope your mum is back to full health really soon.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Good to have the park quiet like that but there's a lot of people who don't want to go back. It's a shame, I love SeaWorld but the family aren't that taken with it so it's not even a consideration for our next visit.
Old 17 Nov 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I know I need to get on with it ! We got back home Monday at 8pm and was back in work Tuesday morning and I dont feel like I’m back to normal yet !
The cruise really was fantastic.
I had plans for the first week that were all changed too. I think it taught me a lesson about over planning !
Hope your mum is back to full health really soon.
Thank you, she seems better today

I could t put my finger on seaworld exactly , it just seemed to have lost its way a bit.
I’m hoping we will get back to Florida but I don’t think it will be part of our plans but I still love discovery cove .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A mixed day

Joan
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds like a better arrangement. In august we enjoyed sea world however felt a bit miffed about dining with shamu. The food was nice and we enjoyed the shamu watching however had to sacrifice seeing the proper show in the stadium to do the dining experience.

Sounds like a good day 😁
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SuperCSG
Trying for More Ears

We have been to Seaworld everytime we have visited Orlando and have always enjoyed it. Right up to this year. There seems to be some internal conflict about why they exist and pressure from Animal Rights types who would close the place down. For the first time this year, we were disappointed with the shows and felt there was some embarrassment about the animal exhibits. It seems to be trying to reinvent itself as another Busch Gardens (focussing on rides) and I suspect it will not be too long before the animal exhibits are closed.

A shame for me. I'm pro-animal rights but I and my family have learned so much from this Park in the past we are losing something if it disappears.

Anyway, as I am not big on roller coasters, there is a real doubt about any future visit from our group.
SuperCSG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List