Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Dec 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Buying Tickets in Dollars - Orlando Attractions

Am I reading this right? Looking at Orlando Attractions, if I buy my tickets in pounds it works out £1,047 for 2 adults, 2 children. In dollars (at the current slightly improved rate), it's $1,360. Using my Clarity card, that works out at about £1,020? Am I missing something?
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

It usually works out better to pay in dollars. We used a Clarity card to pay just the $10 each deposit. Will wait till the New Year to pay the balance. Hopefully the dollar rate keeps getting better for a while.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

What tickets are you buying, looking today to see best deal for Disney. Especially since dollar better

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I booked 3 adult 14 day disney tickets with the free Eat and Play card on orlando attractions. When I paid the 3 deposits around £23 was deducted from the Clarity card.

Its supposed to be a Disney only holiday next year. If we decide to go to Universal we will buy annual passes whilst there so we have our tickets for the year after.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Am I reading this right? Looking at Orlando Attractions, if I buy my tickets in pounds it works out £1,047 for 2 adults, 2 children. In dollars (at the current slightly improved rate), it's $1,360. Using my Clarity card, that works out at about £1,020? Am I missing something?
I don't think you're missing anything?

OA applies it's own exchange rate when converting from dollars to pounds or vice versa on it's website. Sometimes it works out slightly better to pay in dollars instead of pounds, but only if you have a credit/debit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee (like the Clarity card).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

You're fine - I did this a couple of years ago when the (now defunct) Lloyds card had zero % FX fee and paid avios. It should work just fine with Clarity.
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsOrlando
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I don't think you're missing anything?

OA applies it's own exchange rate when converting from dollars to pounds or vice versa on it's website. Sometimes it works out slightly better to pay in dollars instead of pounds, but only if you have a credit/debit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee (like the Clarity card).
You nailed it as usual Nimbus - Happy Holidays from Orlando!
MrsOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List