Notices

Old 12 Mar 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

Under 100 days and I sense change is afoot

Forgive me Father for I have sinned, it has been 2 months since my last confession, oh wait wrong place...

It has been two months since I last updated my pre-trippy and there have been many changes.

When I last left, we were all sorted and patently counting down the days, saving up these £'s and dropping these ones Lbs.

When it happened again I found something else that just had to be added. Jack (who has told me he does not like being referred to as DS ) was watching some YouTube and came across a sea venture video. He really wanted to do it. Now I had known that this was a thing after reading about it in a trip report, and I will admit that I had also know Jack would love it. The problem was I didn't think I would, and John (DH) didn't fancy it either. So, the terrible parent I am just dismissed it.After Jack had made this discovery and declared his interest I stewed on it for about a week then decided I would suck it up and book it.

Now it really was bothering me that I was going to have to book for me to do it as well as Jack especially considering he is an honours swimmer and I can just about manage 400 meters. He would be the one looking after me. I think the truth was I was panicking about being underwater and enclosed in the helmet. But sometimes you just have to take one for the team. So, imagine my joy when I asked if he needed an adult and they said NO, . That is the first addition to this update.

• SeaVenture for 1

The next change is a bit more substantial. Our Disney section of the holiday was to be our 1st onsite adventure, 5 nights at Caribbean Beach with QSDP. Then the whole Disney Demolition Plot came to light. I contacted a nice guy via Twitter and was told I could have $25 compo or move to PO. I chose a move to PO. Which after 10 days or so has finally shown up on MDE. The only problem is that the guy on twitter told me we would be moved to a Royal room but on MDE it is showing as a standard room at POFQ. Now when I asked for a move I did not expect an upgrade, but because he said it and I then had a look and showed Jack I must admit I feel a bit let down that it hasn’t happened. And to cap it all off they upped compensation to $75, I would probably have stayed put for $75. Oh well never mind I’m sure it will be amazing and POFQ looks beautiful.

• Changed to 5 nights PO

Ohhh almost forgot, this was actually the first change! It has been announced that while we are there Rivers of light will be on and Pandora is due to open. So, I managed to snag a dining reservation at Tusker House for the rivers of light package.

• Rivers of Light Dining package

And finally, I have managed to squeeze in another hotel. We have decided to finally make the drive out to Busch for a day and then when we are finished there to carry on to Clearwater and spend the night there at the Sunrise resort motel. Then have a nice relaxing day at the beach the following day.

• Clearwater Beach

So, I think that is us all caught up for the holiday changes, well done to anyone who has made it to this point in this mega update and be warned I am about to add another post with couple of shopping and making updates!

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
loopyloufew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Wish that was my countdown. Sounds like a great plan.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

Shopping and crafting

Just a little update on some purchases I am especially pleased with.

I bought 2 cool dresses from a website called EMP there are a few more I'd like but they will have to wait until pay day rolls round again!

I found this T-shirt in Primark, I'm definitely due another trip there soon.

And this one at Asda which I love

Last weekend I had a go at making myself some Minnie ears (I also embarrassed my self my putting a how to video on YouTube) I am quite pleased with them and they should fit in nice with the flower and garden festival

That's about it for now except the current weight loss tally stands at

Drum roll... -15lb Not bad going I'd like to loose the same again before we go but we will see!

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
loopyloufew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

I know vinniecat it is counting down fast now. I can't wait!

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

FastPasses - DONE!

So last week our Fastpass day arrived! Unfortunately it was the Thursday before I broke up from work so I had to do them on my phone at work, slightly stressful.

So as soon as the bell went for lunch I was hurrying the kids out to the dinner hall and found a quiet spot out of the way (phones are not allowed in areas where there are kids due to the cameras) and pulled out the list I had painstakingly complied it started out as 3 spreadsheets one for each of us. Listing all the rides and the days we would be in each park. I instructed the men to choose 3 per day in order of preference from 1 to 3, then on the master sheet I counted the votes if it had a 1 it got 3 votes a 2 got 2 and 3 got 1 vote. So that's how the Fastpasses were decided and how I ended up not getting a frozen fastpass

I managed to successfully connect and to my surprise got everything we wanted

Monday Animal Kingdom
  • Everest
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Na'vi river Journey

Tuesday Hollywood Studios
  • Star Tours
    Toy Story
    Tower of Terror

Wednesday Magic Kingdom
  • Big Thunder Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    7 Dwarves

Thursday Epcot
  • Journey into the imagination
    Spaceship earth
    Soarin

Friday Magic kingdom
  • Splash
    Big Thunder Mountain
    7 Dwarves

Saturday Animal Kingdom
  • Everest
    Dinosaur

So after all that I decided to make a few more changes.

I have booked the V-Room even though a few months ago we decided it was between a night at an airport hotel or the V-room, we chose and booked the airport hotel! So now we have both and I have swapped our seats to Extra leg room which I was hoping I would just have to pay the difference between them and the ones I had originally booked but no it turns out you have to pay in full and then request a refund for the original seats.

That's about it for now, well apart from the fact Jack has had a major growth spurt and non of his clothes fit so yesterday I threw them all out. Next week I am dragging him shopping, which will be very painful. He hates shopping and I have always just done it for him but now he has an opinion on what he wears and refuses to wear what I pick.

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
Old 20 May 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

WOW one week to go!

Its almost time, clothes have been purchased, plans have changed and changed back again. We've swung from deciding that we will just holiday in Florida from now on to deciding that we need to work on our finances which means this week be our last trip for a while

But it is almost time, I've got 5 more days to work then its off, this time next week I will be sat in the V-Room trying to prevent my husband from attempting to smuggle bacon and eggs in all the hand luggage "got to get my money worth"

We have placed our orders at BOG, we have printed the tickets and purchased packing cubes. Today I will purchase a note book and attempt to take notes during the trip. I am also having my hair done today and I have purchased some nail polish as I have decided to attempt my own glitter gradient nails.

Just 2 more decisions to make number 1 is should we book a dessert party to see the new fireworks?

Number 2 is a biggie we were supposed to be leaving for the airport Friday straight after I finish work, but it turns out there's a rugby match on and my DH is having palpitations about the amount of games he is missing making his season ticket less cost effective. So do we wait until after the match or stick to the plan?

That's enough rambling from me for now TTFN

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
Old 20 May 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mlbolger
Very Serious Dibber

Omg. We have such similar holidays. I have just read your entire post! Lol. We go on the 29th a couple of days after you I think. We originally booked 16 nights at Radisson celebration but have now ended up with the first 5 nights at Sapphire Falls, then down to the Radisson with 2 nights on the last weekend at POFQ cos still needed a little Disney Fix. X Sarah.

Oct04 Villa Hampton Lakes, Nov05 QII Int Drive
Feb 08, Nov 09, Nov 10 Villa Emerald Isles
Oct 12 Disney Beach Club
Nov 13 Carribean Beach
Nov 15 Wilderness Lodge
mlbolger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List