Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Yes, will still be booking Disney onsite.

Fantastic experience being in the bubble!

Roll on 2022!
Old 15 Jan 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have never used EMH or the Magical Express so neither would impact my staying onsite. We stay onsite because we don’t want to drive and to be able to book fastpasses at 60 days. We are starting to think that if the fastpass booking advantage does not return in time for our September trip we may cancel Disney and do Universal onsite instead.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I'm less bothered about the Magical Express. We are already booked for an onsite stayfor October 2021. I'm not sure if we will do onsite again next time we go, with all the changes the benefits are becoming less for onsite stay, and harder to jusify the extra expense. Potentially I can see doing a couple of nights just to get the Disney bubble feel, but I'm reserving judgement for now.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

We always used the EMH or EEH when onsite so we'd miss them, a good bonus for us!
We'd also miss the DM Express and the free magic bands too. Suppose Disney have to recoup all their lost income...

We're not booking anything for a while, so things could still change by the time we go back 🤞
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Yes definitely.
We've used ME on occasion and do like EMH but nothing beats walking into Epcot from the Boardwalk hotels. The walkway from the Contemporary to MK is also fabulous.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m not sure that a free bus from the airport makes any difference to an onsite stay but I can understand people being upset about EMH. It wasn’t something we used that much and actually we just found the parks busier on those days.

I think it’s too early to make decisions about 2022. FP and DDP could still come back, in fact I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AliciaB
Earning More Ears

AliciaB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I think that I will still be looking at booking Onsite at Disney in the future! I personally don't like to drive whilst out there so its very convenient. I've stayed offsite before and found it quite a hassle to get a shuttle and/or Lyft every time you want to go to Disney. I've never used the EMH or the shuttle as when i've stayed onsite before someone within my party has always drove so this would be my only reservation booking for 2022 as I'd be going without a car. Although if information I've read about the Train being set up that will take you from the airport to Disney property is correct and it works I'd be quite happy with that.
I think personally that Disney is just what you make it and it will always be Magic for me especially when you see the Castle at the top of Main Street!

♥ Forever Dreaming of Mickey Shaped Snacks ♥
♥ Member Since O8 ♥
♥ Leah ♥
AliciaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AliciaB View Post
I think that I will still be looking at booking Onsite at Disney in the future! I personally don't like to drive whilst out there so its very convenient. I've stayed offsite before and found it quite a hassle to get a shuttle and/or Lyft every time you want to go to Disney. I've never used the EMH or the shuttle as when i've stayed onsite before someone within my party has always drove so this would be my only reservation booking for 2022 as I'd be going without a car. Although if information I've read about the Train being set up that will take you from the airport to Disney property is correct and it works I'd be quite happy with that.
I think personally that Disney is just what you make it and it will always be Magic for me especially when you see the Castle at the top of Main Street!
Whilst I agree with this sentiment. I actually expect WDW to make my holiday magical, when the magic is their byline, when I’m paying then nearly £5K a pop.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Where’s the main travel section please, I hadn’t heard about the magical express. Thanks
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by AliciaB View Post
Fully agree... it’s what you make it. Disney is a magical place...

The Disney magic is there and always will be if you allow it to be!

Whether you pay 100 pound or 10000 pound to visit, it is what you make it!

Can’t wait to get back there.

Started watching vlogs again recently... not been able to watch them since our trip was cancelled 12 months ago

Edited at 08:40 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List