Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 20, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Where are you going after Vegas?
The tour was fab and like I say the pictures we got were all worth it - like a photo shoot. You will have a fab time and tbh I don’t think I would have wanted to drive there n back in the same day it’s a super long day. We were supposed to be going bk this year and were going to do Zion or horseshoe bend. I really want to go back but just don’t know whether to leave us hols til 2022
We are going via Death Valley to bishop then on to Yosemite, San Fran, Monterey, solvang, LA and Disney and flying home from LA.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We are going via Death Valley to bishop then on to Yosemite, San Fran, Monterey, solvang, LA and Disney and flying home from LA.
Sounds fab!
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
That's reassuring.

We're planning for late August. Hope we aren't competing
We are there beginning so won’t be.
Old 21 Nov 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

YT, if you are going to have a car and want more quiet and space I thoroughly recommend the Desert Rose Resort, behind the Tropicana and Hooters. It is a condo resort so you can have a two bed apartment for the price of a fancy Vegas Hotel.
We have stayed there the last two times and you can walk to the four corners in four to five minutes.
They are clean and like Bahama Bay in Kissimmee.
I hate that there are no coffee makers or fridges in Vegas hotels, the last time we stayed at the Cosmo we paid $30 for two coffees and two muffins!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
YT, if you are going to have a car and want more quiet and space I thoroughly recommend the Desert Rose Resort, behind the Tropicana and Hooters. It is a condo resort so you can have a two bed apartment for the price of a fancy Vegas Hotel.
We have stayed there the last two times and you can walk to the four corners in four to five minutes.
They are clean and like Bahama Bay in Kissimmee.
I hate that there are no coffee makers or fridges in Vegas hotels, the last time we stayed at the Cosmo we paid $30 for two coffees and two muffins!
Thanks, I will take a look but now I’ve won some rooms on MyVEGAS Konami.
For some reason I was offered 2.5 billion chips for £2.99 so bought them and am building up the points frustratingly though you can only get a few thousand a day. There’s 2 nights at Aria come up, does anyone know if you book that, you can pay more and upgrade to a suite with fridge in etc.
If not, Mrs YT is wanting me to book Elara again like we did for the cancelled trip.
Old 21 Nov 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks, I will take a look but now I’ve won some rooms on MyVEGAS Konami.
For some reason I was offered 2.5 billion chips for £2.99 so bought them and am building up the points frustratingly though you can only get a few thousand a day. There’s 2 nights at Aria come up, does anyone know if you book that, you can pay more and upgrade to a suite with fridge in etc.
If not, Mrs YT is wanting me to book Elara again like we did for the cancelled trip.
We use MyVegas comps a lot and have Vdara booked. Upgrades depend on availability at the time of check in. Yes you could probably upgrade to a suite. My daughter did. We asked the next weekend and they had nothing available. So am thinking if Mrs YT is wanting a washing machine/dryer? then so as she is not upset with you think your safest bet is to book what she wants. I did try phoning ahead of time and asking them for a paid upgrade but the answer was the same. Ask at check in. Hope you find something suitable. If you need a washer dryer you are a bit limited. Good luck.
Just out of interest when you say 2 nights Aria came up. The calendars are not out for August yet. Is this something new? Thanks

Edited at 02:53 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We use MyVegas comps a lot and have Vdara booked. Upgrades depend on availability at the time of check in. Yes you could probably upgrade to a suite. My daughter did. We asked the next weekend and they had nothing available. So am thinking if Mrs YT is wanting a washing machine/dryer? then so as she is not upset with you think your safest bet is to book what she wants. I did try phoning ahead of time and asking them for a paid upgrade but the answer was the same. Ask at check in. Hope you find something suitable. If you need a washer dryer you are a bit limited. Good luck.
Just out of interest when you say 2 nights Aria came up. The calendars are not out for August yet. Is this something new? Thanks
It just says 2 night Aria I haven’t clicked on it and so don’t know dates- assume I’ll have to hang on.
Yes, you know Mrs YTs requirements well. I’ll probably do as she says. Who else books their accommodations around having a bleeding washing machine? We’ve booked a place in New Orleans that has one, Vegas she wants one, Palm Springs has to have one (I’ve now got 2 hotels there reserved-Margaritaville and some Sheraton suites place), I’m hoping to get Grand Californian one, and she’s booked a new hotel in Glendale that has- guess what!😩
It’s my fault for buying DVC as she liked it so much and got used to it- we take home 4 suits cases of clean clothes.

Edited at 03:56 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It just says 2 night Aria I haven’t clicked on it and so don’t know dates- assume I’ll have to hang on.
Yes, you know Mrs YTs requirements well. I’ll probably do as she says. Who else books their accommodations around having a bleeding washing machine? We’ve booked a place in New Orleans that has one, Vegas she wants one, Palm Springs has to have one (I’ve now got 2 hotels there reserved-Margaritaville and some Sheraton suites place), I’m hoping to get Grand Californian one, and she’s booked a new hotel in Glendale that has- guess what!😩
It’s my fault for buying DVC as she liked it so much and got used to it- we take home 4 suits cases of clean clothes.
lol We tend to like a washing machine as we tend to go for 3/4 weeks, so need to be able to wash clothes. We are happy to use a laundromat though. Elara is a lovely hotel and a great location bang in the middle of the strip. We like a fridge too, which is why we like Vdara. ( Free rooms ) Plus the little robot is so cute! Hope you manage to get a good rate for Elara. Have you tried Ocean One for breakfast in the mall there? We try to eat cereal in the room but always have at least 1/2 Ocean One breakfasts. Few yummy cocktails, at 3 for $10 as well, ... not at breakfast time though! Just hope we all get to go soon
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

We stayed year before last and we loved it! So much so it’s my go to in Vegas - thought much better than the Venetian and that was nice. No issues at all whilst we were there 😊
Old 21 Nov 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
lol We tend to like a washing machine as we tend to go for 3/4 weeks, so need to be able to wash clothes. We are happy to use a laundromat though. Elara is a lovely hotel and a great location bang in the middle of the strip. We like a fridge too, which is why we like Vdara. ( Free rooms ) Plus the little robot is so cute! Hope you manage to get a good rate for Elara. Have you tried Ocean One for breakfast in the mall there? We try to eat cereal in the room but always have at least 1/2 Ocean One breakfasts. Few yummy cocktails, at 3 for $10 as well, ... not at breakfast time though! Just hope we all get to go soon
I haven’t been to Vegas for years Jo. We stayed in Aladdin as it was then last time and Paris- there’s tons been built since then. Thanks for the tips- sounds good. We also eat breakfast in the room most places we go unless it’s included and we like to eat kind of healthy, but I’ll bear this in mind.
I think I may have to bite the bullet to keep Mrs YT 100% happy here.