Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Annual pass renewal

Toying with our options for this year/next and have a few queries. Do you guys know (ques 1) or would you care to speculate (ques 2)

1. The free 4 months that you get when you renew: 3 of us have annual passes already but my son was too young to need one. If we buy him one when we renew would they give him the extra months or would his renewal date always be out from us?

2. If the current closure months will be added onto our renewal date like they were in the previous one?

Thanks! Trying to decide if we should renew or given my husband has just had a decent bonus, stay onsite for once at a fancy hotel and do a budget blower...
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Piece of string really. The plan to reopen could well not happen as France is locking down further as the virus bites again.

I wouldnt auto renew personally, afterall what benefit do you get renewing now vs getting a pass when you next go?

Id wait, there are no offers anyway.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

Can't see France opening up anytime soon. For that reason, and with the precedent been set in California, I wouldn't be surprised to see annual passes scrapped.
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

1. As it is your sons first pass it would be valid for 12 months so his renewal date would be different to yours.
2. It is anticipated that annual passes will be extended by the length of time the park is closed. However this has not yet been confirmed & as above Disneyland California have just announced they are cancelling the current annual pass scheme so no one knows for sure.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by gonzosuperfan View Post
Can't see France opening up anytime soon. For that reason, and with the precedent been set in California, I wouldn't be surprised to see annual passes scrapped.
Thanks for the information about California canceling the annual pass. I've just googled it and there are a number of new stories about this.

If it happens in California then it's a good bet that it will be rolled out to other Disney parks.

Annual passes made a lot of sense even if you only visited DLP for a few days a year. So it'll be interesting to see how Disney's annual pass replacement(s) work and how it affects Dibbers.
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
Thanks for the information about California canceling the annual pass. I've just googled it and there are a number of new stories about this.

If it happens in California then it's a good bet that it will be rolled out to other Disney parks.

Annual passes made a lot of sense even if you only visited DLP for a few days a year. So it'll be interesting to see how Disney's annual pass replacement(s) work and how it affects Dibbers.
I don’t think it sets a precedent unless the other park is still closed; so you may be right for DLP. California has been closed throughout but DLP did at least open for a while, so I’m not sure it’s exactly the same scenario?

I hope AP holders all get what they want though. Very difficult all round.
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all.
I had no idea about California cancelling annual passes. They make it so much more affordable to visit, even though we’re in the north so it’s a trek to get there.

We weren’t thinking of going again until Christmas - I think I was just daydreaming about being able to book something soon/paying while we’ve got the money.

Be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List