Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Anybody booked a holiday to the USA this year not Disney ?

Just wondering if anybody had booked other USA holidays this year ?
We’re booked for may initially a couple of days in anaheim( Disneyland) , and then driving down to Arizona ( 3 week trip)

I initially was pretty upbeat about this , but over the coming days not so ( it’s just me and DH)

We can change plans on the Anaheim part no issue .

Seriously doubting we will get away , chatted to DH this morning, and so needed something to look forward to.

Holding out a vain slither of hope we may be able to go ( we not booked into hotels , just cabins so totally self catering and being totally unsociable whilst there lol)

Anybody else holding out , I know it’s ever changing and nobody knows what’s going to happen with international travel.

Surely I’m. Not the only person wanting to get away

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

We have a trip to Tennessee and Louisiana booked for May this year. It was originally booked for May last year, but because of Covid was transferred to this year.
Looks very likely that it won't be going ahead.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Jules, yes we are doing California road trip 🙏 1st October, booked flights and most accomodation, apart from Lake Tahoe and Yosemite np booked accomodation pay on arrival. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
We have a trip to Tennessee and Louisiana booked for May this year. It was originally booked for May last year, but because of Covid was transferred to this year.
Looks very likely that it won't be going ahead.
Same as us, we rescheduled last may to this may

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

We have a fly drive to los Angeles booked for mid august but that’s all so far .
We were going to fit in Vegas, Anaheim and probably the coast and Winchester mystery house but holding off booking anything else as not hopeful!
Had a similar trip booked last year with hawaii 😞
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We have 2 trips booked...in August we have our rescheduled (from August 2020) Florida keys, Miami and cruise trip, and then in October we have 10 days in the Grand Canyon and Vegas. I feel 50/50 about August and perhaps 75/25 about October. Both are booked with free cancellation hotels and car hire, and our flights were reward flights so can be amended. I will be absolutely gutted if we cant go as we are flying upper class for the first time in August.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have a trip booked to the west coast in September. We moved it from December there. Our May trip has already been cancelled but that was mostly due to Cunard cancelling, but I don’t 5ink we would have got anyway.
As for the September one, I go from feeling pretty positive one day to thinking we’re not getting the next, but that’s no different to how I have felt since this all came about.
Our trips that we have moved, this is the only one still active. The trip that was cancelled for May had been moved from last May and rather than move again we have taken a refund. I might have to concede with the trip in September if we don’t get and cancel that as well rather than move and then just actually wait to see when it all opens up again. And I never thought I would say that.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
We have 2 trips booked...in August we have our rescheduled (from August 2020) Florida keys, Miami and cruise trip, and then in October we have 10 days in the Grand Canyon and Vegas. I feel 50/50 about August and perhaps 75/25 about October. Both are booked with free cancellation hotels and car hire, and our flights were reward flights so can be amended. I will be absolutely gutted if we cant go as we are flying upper class for the first time in August.
I am with you on that, we have first class flights with BA for September to LA and will be more gutted about losing them than the trip I think.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Yes, we have a chicago - nyc trip planned with a visit to family for independence day in between.
Have only booked the flights (refundable) and an airport hotel (cancellable) so far. Waiting to see how the situation develops before booking anything else.
I swing from optimism to resignation on a daily basis - be a bit gutted to lose the club flights tbh. I doubt we'll get such a good offer again

Plan B is a trip to NZ for the rugby world Cup in September...

Edited at 12:01 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I am with you on that, we have first class flights with BA for September to LA and will be more gutted about losing them than the trip I think.
We have been downgraded from first class with BA to Nashville as the aircraft has been changed and there is no longer a first class cabin. However, I am expecting the flight to be cancelled anyway.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List