Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jan 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Lake Garda

I’m looking into a holiday for July at Lake Garda incase Florida doesn’t happen 🥲 but have no clue where to start! I like the look & the sound of it & a day trip to Venice sounds appealing & of course the Theme & water park! Where would you recommend we stay to be able to see & do all these things, we won’t have a car. Flying probably into Verona.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed in Peschiera Del Garda, there is a train station there which goes to Verona/Venice etc and from the station there is a shuttle bus to Gardaland or you can taxi it. You can also use the ferry to see other ports around the lake if this is your thing. Pedaloes/watersports on the lake and plenty places to eat/drink. I didn’t see anywhere around the lake that didn’t look lovely though!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE16;14786497]We stayed in Peschiera Del Garda, there is a train station there which goes to Verona/Venice etc and from the station there is a shuttle bus to Gardaland or you can taxi it. You can also use the ferry to see other ports around the lake if this is your thing. Pedaloes/watersports on the lake and plenty places to eat/drink. I didn’t see anywhere around the lake that didn’t look lovely though![/QUOTE]

Sounds amazing!
Can I ask where you stayed? I see Bella Italia is on offer in that same area you mentioned but not sure about apartments the hotel comes out more expensive!
I think the Perschiera area is where we would like to stay as we need the train station to get from the airport.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi we stayed in Desenzano Del Garda. It has rail and bus services. It’s a lovely little town with a busy centre (shops / cafes / bars / live music / tourist train) and we found it an good spot for exploring other towns around the lake. It must be said that some of the other towns on the lake are prettier then Desenzano, I would probably choose one of them e.g Sirmione for a romantic break but we had teens and needed a bit more going. We Flew home from Venice (direct train from Desenzano) and stayed there the night before flight home.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
[QUOTE16;14786497]We stayed in Peschiera Del Garda, there is a train station there which goes to Verona/Venice etc and from the station there is a shuttle bus to Gardaland or you can taxi it. You can also use the ferry to see other ports around the lake if this is your thing. Pedaloes/watersports on the lake and plenty places to eat/drink. I didn’t see anywhere around the lake that didn’t look lovely though!
Sounds amazing!
Can I ask where you stayed? I see Bella Italia is on offer in that same area you mentioned but not sure about apartments the hotel comes out more expensive!
I think the Perschiera area is where we would like to stay as we need the train station to get from the airport.[/QUOTE]

The Apartments and Hotel you mention are part of the Bella Italia Complex. We spoke to people staying there in the Ibisco Apartments who said very clean, but fairly basic. It’s Chalets/Mobile Homes etc on the lake, various providers use it. Nice pools and good facilities, that is on one side of town, we stayed on the other side in a similar type place called Del Garda Village again on the side of the lake and nice stroll into Peschiera. I booked through the Polish Eurocamp site and it was very cheap! My other option was the Bertoletta Village Apartments. We saw these in July and I would happily stay there if we went back. I had also found a couple of places on AirBnb which looked lovely.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by merlinsmum View Post
Hi we stayed in Desenzano Del Garda. It has rail and bus services. It’s a lovely little town with a busy centre (shops / cafes / bars / live music / tourist train) and we found it an good spot for exploring other towns around the lake. It must be said that some of the other towns on the lake are prettier then Desenzano, I would probably choose one of them e.g Sirmione for a romantic break but we had teens and needed a bit more going. We Flew home from Venice (direct train from Desenzano) and stayed there the night before flight home.
We have teens too 13 & 18 & the more I’ve looked at Bella Italia I’m wondering will it be more for younger kids & more lively?
Sirmione looks gorgeous so might stay there!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021

Edited at 12:20 AM.
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Sounds amazing!
I think the Perschiera area is where we would like to stay as we need the train station to get from the airport.
The Apartments and Hotel you mention are part of the Bella Italia Complex. We spoke to people staying there in the Ibisco Apartments who said very clean, but fairly basic. It’s Chalets/Mobile Homes etc on the lake, various providers use it. Nice pools and good facilities, that is on one side of town, we stayed on the other side in a similar type place called Del Garda Village again on the side of the lake and nice stroll into Peschiera. I booked through the Polish Eurocamp site and it was very cheap! My other option was the Bertoletta Village Apartments. We saw these in July and I would happily stay there if we went back. I had also found a couple of places on AirBnb which looked lovely.[/QUOTE]

I’m not a fan of self catering as I prefer hotels lol but they’re so expensive for this trip!
Not sure about Bella italia now as it look more for younger kids, I’ve got teens so don’t really know what to go for lol
You can tell I’m out of my depth planning this holiday lol

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

There is a few nice wee hotels along the lake in Peschiera though they seemed to be B&B only rather than anything else. There is plenty places to eat both on the lake and further back in town, I don’t cook on holiday either but like a bit more space for the kids. Sirmione is gorgeous with the castle and there is a thermal spa there too! You will find somewhere that meets your requirements, it’s a lovely area.
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
We have teens too 13 & 18 & the more I’ve looked at Bella Italia I’m wondering will it be more for younger kids & more lively?
Sirmione looks gorgeous so might stay there!
Sirmione was very beautiful, we did quite a few day trips using the bus and ferry and everywhere was lovely. The apartments we stayed in were called Villaggio Esmera. They were a good 20 min + walk downhill into Desenzano town (and longer in the way back up) so we had to be fuelled by gelato but they were lovely and I’d recommend if you were looking for apartments with facilities that weren’t too commercial. We would definitely return.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Stayed in Peschiera, Desenzano and Sirmione. I would choose Peschiera if I were you.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List