Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

My vegas, MGM hotel stay

So I've booked for may 21 fingers crossed, 5 nights flamingo and last night excalibur as it's a friday, cheaper and literally somewhere to lay our heads before going to airport, I know it's not the best hotel but it's fine for what we want, been vegas few times, anyway my question is with the free rewards you need a one night stay, was thinking dinner fri night and breakfast sat am but as we get 3 each was thinking maybe a show, would we have to do thus the fri night after check in or can we do it any night as long as we have a reservation booked
Hope this makes sense, thanks
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Runforthehills
Trying for More Ears

If you check the rewards it always used to be only discount hotel nights that needed a stay in the hotel as well. I have used My Vegas rewards for meals, shows and gifts without ever staying at one of the MGM hotels. You do have to register the rewards at the appropriate hotels MGM desk before you can use them though. Hope this is still the case because next time I get to Vegas I have just under 3 Million reward points to use!
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Runforthehills View Post
If you check the rewards it always used to be only discount hotel nights that needed a stay in the hotel as well. I have used My Vegas rewards for meals, shows and gifts without ever staying at one of the MGM hotels. You do have to register the rewards at the appropriate hotels MGM desk before you can use them though. Hope this is still the case because next time I get to Vegas I have just under 3 Million reward points to use!
I've used a few times and they always ask reservation details, it's only for the free stuff not bogof though
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Sorry a bit late to the game here. Did you find an answer to your question, disneybabe? Are you asking if you need to make a reservation for a show? Sorry not sure what your question is?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Sorry a bit late to the game here. Did you find an answer to your question, disneybabe? Are you asking if you need to make a reservation for a show? Sorry not sure what your question is?
To get the free meal, not bogof u have to have a 1 night hotel reservation, so we have a reservation for the fri night but wondered if I could say have the free meal on the wed as I have a reservation few days later or if I have to actually use it while I'm staying so the fri ir sat, hope that makes sense
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
To get the free meal, not bogof u have to have a 1 night hotel reservation, so we have a reservation for the fri night but wondered if I could say have the free meal on the wed as I have a reservation few days later or if I have to actually use it while I'm staying so the fri ir sat, hope that makes sense
Right. No it has to be used within 24 hrs of you loading onto your card. You can’t load it onto your card until you actually check in. Maybe get Nine fine Irishmen? It’s a $35 voucher then you can just buy fries or something. It’s my favourite reward.
Our daughter is staying at Flamingo for a few nights for the first time in February. Caesars properties are so cheap at the moment. We have Bally’s, Harrahs, and Caesars Palace booked, as well as Vdara and Wynn. Hope everything works out for us all to go. How is my hometown doing? Not so good with COVID, so stay safe. Hope to get back there in June. Please keep your fingers crossed
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Right. No it has to be used within 24 hrs of you loading onto your card. You can’t load it onto your card until you actually check in. Maybe get Nine fine Irishmen? It’s a $35 voucher then you can just buy fries or something. It’s my favourite reward.
Our daughter is staying at Flamingo for a few nights for the first time in February. Caesars properties are so cheap at the moment. We have Bally’s, Harrahs, and Caesars Palace booked, as well as Vdara and Wynn. Hope everything works out for us all to go. How is my hometown doing? Not so good with COVID, so stay safe. Hope to get back there in June. Please keep your fingers crossed
Thank you, thought that would be the case, we staying at flamingo in may fingers crossed but doing last night at excalibur as it's much cheaper for the fri, I know it's not up to much but it's a bed for the night that's all as will be leaving for airport sat am, will prob get free dinner at MGM fri night, may get nine fine irishmen for fri lunch n have a couple of drinks before dinner, your hometown ? Sunderland do u mean, where are u now
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you, thought that would be the case, we staying at flamingo in may fingers crossed but doing last night at excalibur as it's much cheaper for the fri, I know it's not up to much but it's a bed for the night that's all as will be leaving for airport sat am, will prob get free dinner at MGM fri night, may get nine fine irishmen for fri lunch n have a couple of drinks before dinner, your hometown ? Sunderland do u mean, where are u now
Yes MGM buffet would be nice. I know a lot of people who love Excalibur. My friend stayed there the past 6 years.
Yes born and lived in Sunderland my whole life. All my family are there. Moved here 10 years ago and would love love love to be able to come back in June. My niece is getting married.
Our 4 Vdara nights are free with MyVEGAS. 2 nights each. I love Vdara. We thought maybe Wolfgang at MGM as well as a reward?
Old 1 Nov 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Yes MGM buffet would be nice. I know a lot of people who love Excalibur. My friend stayed there the past 6 years.
Yes born and lived in Sunderland my whole life. All my family are there. Moved here 10 years ago and would love love love to be able to come back in June. My niece is getting married.
Our 4 Vdara nights are free with MyVEGAS. 2 nights each. I love Vdara. We thought maybe Wolfgang at MGM as well as a reward?
Fingers crossed you get back for the wedding n we can get to vegas in may and irlando in july, I know things arent great there so we all just have to hope
Old 2 Nov 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Fingers crossed you get back for the wedding n we can get to vegas in may and irlando in july, I know things arent great there so we all just have to hope
Yes we can only hope things get better every where. Stay safe.