Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

A Not So Scary, Very Merry, Solo trip. Oct/Nov 2017. Day 9.

I don’t remember what time I woke up today but I had another very good sleep. Today I was meeting back up with Kylie and then JA and Vicki for some more Food and Wine festival.

Kylie and I met in the POP lobby. Our original plan for today was to walk over to Art of Animation for some breakfast before heading to Epcot, but we quickly ditched that idea and headed straight for the buses.

We arrived at Epcot around 10am, it was already getting hot and I was itching like mad. My bite count was increasing as the days went on and I don’t want to say they were making me miserable but they were really getting to me.

We were meeting JA and Vicki at Test Track so made our way there, stopping at the fountain for a picture on the way.

We were a little early so parked our butts up while waiting and assessed and moaned about the number of red blotches appearing all over our legs. Why do they go for legs and feet? They never bit me anywhere else?!

Soon the others arrived, and finally they had both remembered to wear their Minnie ears! Hugs were exchanged and then we headed into test track using our fastpasses. This ride is ok, I really only like the end bit where you do the speed test, the rest is just meh to me. I am one of the few that actually quite enjoy designing the car during the queue too lol.

Myself and Kylie designed a car and went up against JA & Vicki. Their car won all the tests during the actual ride but ours was by far the prettiest. Haha. Pink and pixie dusted!

Now it was time to head into the world showcase for food and wine. This is the only reason Vicki had decided to join us today. She loves a bit of food and a lot of wine lol. I had already done some food and wine this trip and went anti clockwise around world showcase, so the ladies were happy to go around clockwise this visit which meant I didn’t just repeat the same countries.

Our first stop was Greece, we bypassed Farm Fresh as nothing there took our fancy. JA and Vicki were sharing snacks to save credits so Kylie and I thought it a good idea to do the same. We shared the ‘Loaded Greek Nachos’ here, which was pita chips, meatless sausage crumbles and vegan tzatziki. I quite enjoyed this snack, however probably wouldn’t order it again. I was impressed with myself for trying and eating all the toppings as I’d have probably stuck my nose up to this in the past.

Next was Thailand. Here we (Kylie) chose the seared shrimp and scallops cake with cold noodle salad... I really liked the shrimp and scallops cake but did not love the cold noodles. I also tried a bit of JA and Vicki’s marinated chicken with peanut sauce…it was ok but I’m not a peanut fan and it didn’t really float my boat. Again though, impressed with myself for trying.

We soon ended up in Mexico and went inside to the La Cava Del Tequila bar. The others really wanted to try some avocado margarita drink here…I don’t really drink, and in today’s heat all I wanted was an ice cold water! This avocado thing looked and sounded disgusting to me but the others all raved about it and said it was really tasty and refreshing. I did hold one just for the pic ha! We relaxed inside Mexico for a bit…all appreciating the air con. It was a hot one today…I don’t normally complain but today I was struggling a bit.

Next stop (when we finally got the energy to move) was China. We tried the chicken potstickers and the Beijing roasted duck. I really liked both. Love Chinese food, its one of my faves.

We bypassed India and Afria… I was not feeling hot food (I was hot enough as it was) literally, my clothes were starting to stick to me, it was getting busy and all I could think about was getting back to POP and cooling off in the pool.
Vicki did pick up a wine float somewhere along the way.

Next was Germany. There was a band playing German music here and yodelling….I found the females dance moves highly entertaining. Kylie and I were being very juvenile and having a chuckle haha.
Here we got the pasta gratin with ham and cheese and the roasted bratwurst in a pretzel roll to share, I liked both of these snacks. Vicki picked up another wine flight too and we all had a good giggle when she perched herself on a rock or something in the middle of some bushes to drink them. I think it was the only place to sit nearby haha.

We spotted a photopass photographer whilst here so got another pic of us all together.

Next stop was Spain. I didn’t have anything here but the others did. I just enjoyed a sit down with another bottle of water.

Next was Italy and I had calamari, I remember Vicki being shocked at me for choosing this but I happen to quite like a bit of fried squid haha. My parents tricked me into eating it as a kid…told me it was onion rings (it was infact calamari), I liked it then and still luke it now. I don’t remember what the others had. Again…wishing I took notes.

Vicki went off to get herself a drink and returned with 4 prosecco’s- one for each of us! The last thing I wanted was an alcoholic drink but bless her it was such a lovely gesture, and it was so crisp and cold that I actually enjoyed it in the end. We toasted a fabulous holiday together. I felt so relaxed and happy in that moment, we really made some of the best memories on this trip, I was starting to realise how soon it was coming to an end and trying not to think “this is the last time I’ll be here” etc.

By 2:30pm ish we made a group decision to call it a day, I was SO glad. I was done and had been ready to head back to the resort for the past hour or so. The heat was too much and I just wanted to get in the pool and relax.

Kylie and I headed out via the international gateway and got an Uber from beach club…neither of us were up for walking all the way back to the bus stops. I think JA and Vicki did the same but were a but behind us. I believe another drink was purchased in Epcot first.

We took a few photos on the beach at the beach club on our way. Its always been tradition for myself and my parents to get a picture on the swing benches so I couldn’t just walk past and not get a picture this trip.

Once back at POP we chilled by the pool for an hour or so. Feet hanging in the water, we joined in with the trivia and games going on and just relaxed. I was go glad to be off my feet for a bit. I really did feel like a sweaty mess earlier at Epcot. When the sun started going down I said bye to Kylie (she remained at the pool) and headed back to my room.

Tonight my original plan had been to spend the evening at Animal Kingdom, mainly to take in Pandora in the dark. However, I wanted to see Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom a 2nd time and tonight would be my only opportunity so see it again before going home. So… I came up with a plan in my head to get to AK and see Pandora just as it got dark, then nip over to MK to see Happily Ever After. I had recharged the batteries and made this my game plan for tonight.

I got showered and freshened up and headed off to AK. I don’t remember now exactly what time it was when I arrived but it wasn’t quite dark enough to get the full effect of Pandoras glow yet so I wondered through the shops and mooched around taking in the atmosphere. Animal Kingdom is easily my 2nd favourite park after MK.

On my way to Pandora a family with flashing trainers caught my eye (well the flashing trainers caught my eye), as I passed I noticed it was dibber Bambikate and her family. We had literally been in the same park on the same day for the whole of our holidays so I went over and said hello. We chatted for a little while about our holidays and what we’d been up to, we were leaving on the same day so both our trips were coming to an end and we were all feeling the Disney blues start to set in. We had a picture taken together and said our farewells…I had cramming in to do tonight. Kate and her family were lovely all although brief it was lovely to meet them.

I had a wonder though Pandora and stopped for a couple of pictures. It still wasn’t really dark enough and looking back I wish I’d have waited just another 15 minutes so it was even darker but never mind… you get the jist. To the eye everything looked a lot more stunning than the pictures show.

My flying visit to AK was over and I headed out of the park to get a bus direct to MK. Love the new park to park buses they run now!
On arrival at Magic Kingdom I decided I wasn’t bothered about doing any rides tonight. I just wanted to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy Happily ever after. I was getting hungry but decided to wait until after the show to get food. Tonight had extra magic hours so I didn’t need to worry about getting out of the park right away.
I did some shopping, relaxed on the hub grass, watched Happily ever after (I honestly think I could watch this every night for the rest of my life and never get bored. Absolutely love it.) …and miss it so much now.

When the fireworks were finished I went to Cosmic Rays for some grub. Just a burger and fries, nothing exciting. It was ok, but to be honest I think I was past hungry and tired so didn’t really enjoy it. I should have headed back to POP after the show but I was very aware I was nearing home time and just didn’t want to leave the magic.
Magic Kingdom at night is just my most favourite thing ever.

I wondered around taking pictures and having pictures taken until I finally admitted defeat and called it a night.

I knew Brett (guybehindthecastle) was working tonight so kept an eye open for him on my way out… and guess who I found on Main Street! He is an absolute darling, such a nice guy and I was very grateful that he gave up 5mins of his time to chat to me and have a picture taken.

I have no idea what time I was back at POP…but it was pretty late. The head hit the pillow and I was out like a light.

Tomorrow, Magic Kingdom, Sanaa and Hollywood Studios.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I loved reading about your time in World Showcase, I think just strolling around there is my favourite thing to do.

Did you see Guy Behind The Castles' Instastory where he was sent the t-shirt? I was crying, so sad.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

A very full day
I didn't know they had park to park buses, that's handy.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Wow man, jam packed day!
It did indeed look boiling hot at Epcot.

How awesome that you got to meet Brett! He's moving from MK to HS to be in Toy Story Land I think. I'm hoping I meet him sometime too, he seems lovely

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like great fun in world showcase with your friends, some really tasty treats as well.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Archie14
Excited about Disney

Another full day Stacey, really enjoyed reading it. Fab you bumped into BambiKate and guybehindthecastle!
1991 - Villa in Buena Ventura Lakes, 1993 - Villa in Davenport area, 2010 & 2012 Staybridge Suites LBV, 2015 - CBR, 1st time on site, 2017 - CBR We're going back - Oh no we're not, just moved to POR! 2020 - So excited, birthday celebrations at POR July 2020 - COVID CANCELLED , 2022 - Belated celebration trip - staying at CSR
Archie14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another fab day. You did well to stick out at Epcot so long I think. Sometimes a break is the only thing that you can focus on!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
You really do manage to squeeze a lot in! Another amazing sounding day.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List