Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Apr 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are hoping to take in a Mets game when we go to NY in August. To be honest I've never managed to get into baseball despite trying many times. At least I understand the rules though.

We are just going for the atmosphere and the "Americana" as 3Family has called it so we aren't bothered about quality seats. We'll be going with, pretty much, the cheapest available - somewhere up in the gods.
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I'm watching the Mets in September and have followed the same policy as I did when watching the Red Sox and the Rays. I make a trade-off between price and position and try to sit somewhere higher up over home plate or between home plate and 1st or 3rd base. This time I'm up in section 409 between home plate and 1st at a cost, via StubHub, of just under $30.

Edited at 09:44 AM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
We are hoping to take in a Mets game when we go to NY in August. To be honest I've never managed to get into baseball despite trying many times. At least I understand the rules though.

We are just going for the atmosphere and the "Americana" as 3Family has called it so we aren't bothered about quality seats. We'll be going with, pretty much, the cheapest available - somewhere up in the gods.
we went to the yankees just for the crack as you say in the cheap seats, not the bleachers though

its a great day out very "American" pretty easy to follow

one thiing that got me was the transient crowd there is a constant stream of folk wandering back & forth unlike football (as in UK) where everyone pretty much stays in the seats until 1/2 time
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Yeah, but you can wander around during a baseball game and not miss very much. I don't think I've stayed until the very end in the three games I've seen so far and yet still haven't spent less than four hours in total at the stadium per game!
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
one thiing that got me was the transient crowd there is a constant stream of folk wandering back & forth unlike football (as in UK) where everyone pretty much stays in the seats until 1/2 time
This happens at NFL games too. I think both MLB and NFL games have a lot more stop-start situations than Football (soccer). The almost continuous action of soccer discourages you from leaving your seat (Or standing area) than with MLB/NFL.

Whilst my DW and DD are more than happy to sit througha 4 hour NFL game, I reckon we will be leaving before the end ofthe Mets game, but i'm really looking forward to the experience - just hope it doesn't get rained off!
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

We went to see Boston Red Sox at Fenway, it was great! (And I'm not a sports fan!) My tip would be don't go for the cheapest seats in the 'bleachers', they have no shade. We went to an afternoon game in August and it was hot and sunny, I could not have sat in the direct sun for 3 hours it was too hot, probably 30 degrees that day. We walked back to our hotel after the game, traffic was terrible as it was rush hour, so it was nicer to walk than sit on a bus/train.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

This was our view

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
For our Mets game we are going to an evening game. Didn't fancy doing a daytime game. It just seemed right to spend a summer's evening at a baseball game somehow.
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've been to a few baseball games and have had a tour of Fenway Park so seeing a game there would be great. My hubby understands the rules as he's played a little bit so he has to explain what's happening to me!

It's quite a social event so you'll see people come and go during the game and many people leave before the end if it's not close. There are plenty of stands for food and drinks. I had a great frozen margarita during a Texas Rangers game

The stadiums are very open so make sure you're covered in lotion and wear a hat/sun glasses. Try not to take too much with you as there are bag checks going in.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That’s one of the advantageous of the stadium in Tampa Bay; indoor with air con