Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm also mulling over the same decision. POR plus DDP upgrade or AKL with DDP, for about £300ish more. Our only previous WDW trip was at OKW, enjoyed the whole resort feel, didn't feel that there was to much walking around resort required (when it's as scenic as POR is it really a hardship? vs walking thru interior corridors/lifts etc). Like the Boat to DS option, opportunity to share facilities at FQ. AKL seems so out on a limb to me, but theres it's restaurants, etc.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jazzluvva View Post
I'm also mulling over the same decision. POR plus DDP upgrade or AKL with DDP, for about £300ish more. Our only previous WDW trip was at OKW, enjoyed the whole resort feel, didn't feel that there was to much walking around resort required (when it's as scenic as POR is it really a hardship? vs walking thru interior corridors/lifts etc). Like the Boat to DS option, opportunity to share facilities at FQ. AKL seems so out on a limb to me, but theres it's restaurants, etc.
Its difficult isn't it, think when you book so far in advance if your like me you keep changing your mind!
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed at both last May & preferred Port Orleans Riverside. I’d stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge a few years previously and loved it so was excited to go back but had a totally different experience this time round. It’s a beautiful resort & well worth a visit but we wouldn’t go back to stay. Port Orleans, well it’s now our favourite & we’ve booked again for next year.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma-p View Post
Hi, have you booked a standard room and if so could you put in a request for a certain area? Would hate to be looking out on a car park 🙈
You can request certain rooms but no guarantees. I thought room requests are to be made 3 days before but I'm happy to be corrected on this as I am currently waiting for our 3 day point to make out request.

You can use Touring Plans website to find standard view rooms that actually have a savannah view. I was doing this this morning and found loads of really good rooms, many overlooking a water hole so the animals will congregate there. It was a bit tricky to find on TP though, but I got there eventually!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
You can request certain rooms but no guarantees. I thought room requests are to be made 3 days before but I'm happy to be corrected on this as I am currently waiting for our 3 day point to make out request.

You can use Touring Plans website to find standard view rooms that actually have a savannah view. I was doing this this morning and found loads of really good rooms, many overlooking a water hole so the animals will congregate there. It was a bit tricky to find on TP though, but I got there eventually!

Hi

will have a look at Touring plan thank you for the tip wow just seen your countdown, keep me posted if it worked and you got the room you where after

Edited at 01:08 AM.
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

To be honest, I wouldn't be that bothered about the view from your room as there are so many really lovely viewing spots to see the animals from.

We originally booked for POR last year and upgraded to DDP and managed to get a good deal for an upgrade to AKL. We requested a set of room numbers via Touring Plans with partial views and we did get that although the room was right at the end of the zebra trail. We didn't spend that much time looking out of the window but spent loads more time round the resort looking at the animals that way. When you walk along the corridors there are big windows and open viewing areas with seats that you can use.

We loved AKL and would definitely go back although I don't think you would be disappointed with POR as we took a resort bus there to have a nose.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Hi, have you booked a standard room and if so could you put in a request for a certain area? Would hate to be looking out on a car park 🙈
We stayed at AKL in a standard room the last 2 years. If you booked direct with Disney you can just call them up and add a request. We asked for the Kudu trail both times and had a lovely partial view. It is just a request though.
Our view is here as well as all our AKL eats
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1033066&page=6
Old 26 Apr 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We stayed at AKL in a standard room the last 2 years. If you booked direct with Disney you can just call them up and add a request. We asked for the Kudu trail both times and had a lovely partial view. It is just a request though.
Our view is here as well as all our AKL eats
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/for<br /> ...1033066&page=6
Thank you just been having a read of your post, looks like you had an amazing time will defo ask for the Kudu Trail 😁
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thank you just been having a read of your post, looks like you had an amazing time will defo ask for the Kudu Trail 😁
Thanks. We really liked the resort and the Kudu Trail was perfect for us.
Old 4 May 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Well after a lot of thinking, think I am going to change my booking from POR to AK Lodge today