Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Feb 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Uber to and from HHN?

My DH and my sister will be going to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights this year, whilst I keep my chicken self company in my happy place (Epcot). (I've done HHN once and am still slightly traumatised by it!)

Question is, it took us FOREVER to get in and out of the car park last time. Anyone who has used an Uber, is this easier and quicker than driving? I reckon that by the time they've paid to park, it won't be much more expensive to cab it instead, and that way maybe DH won't be over-tired and stressed out when they get back. I believe there is a separate collection point/area for cabs than the car park?

Thoughts?
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yeah there is a taxi drop off point, you take some stairs up to the security bit from there Easy peasy x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Fabbo Rachael, thanks! I mentioned this to my sister yesterday, and she seemed to think this was a good idea. Will run it past DH tonight, I think. I will advise her to download the Uber app before we go though, as I read on someone's trip report to do this. (DH doesn't take his elderly phone on holiday, but my sister is genetically welded to hers!)
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Definitely get them to use Uber we found that they were pretty much exactly 50% cheaper than mears cabs for any journey we made!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We used Uber to and from HHN last year. Just checked how much it cost us from Yacht Club - $16.73 on the way out and $18.22 on the way back
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Driving to HHN?! Not sure I could do it sober.

If Uber 'surges' just tell them to hold fire for a bit. It will come back down.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
We used Uber to and from HHN last year. Just checked how much it cost us from Yacht Club - $16.73 on the way out and $18.22 on the way back
Thanks, that's helpful. I definitely think I'm leaning towards this, but will have a chat with hubby tonight - he can make up his own mind, and I won't care, I'll happily be wandering around the World Showcase sipping on a glass of Key Lime Wine, if I can find it this year!
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

If you want to have some idea of the fares have a look at the link below.

uber/en-GB/fare-estimate/
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lesleyjane66
Excited about Disney

As long as she has data as there is no wifi near the taxis and also its a bit of a scrum, the uber driver rang me to ask what I was wearing last time
lesleyjane66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lesleyjane66 View Post
As long as she has data as there is no wifi near the taxis and also its a bit of a scrum, the uber driver rang me to ask what I was wearing last time
Yikes! She won't have international roaming thing, I was hoping she could use wifi. Hmm, think we need to discuss the pros and cons of this ...