Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 08, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Dolphins

Hi, can anyone tell me if it is possible to touch a dolphin at Seaworld? My DD will be 6 when we go later in the year and she is deperate to do this.

Unfortunately we have so much planned for the holiday including DCL that I am not planning to go to Discovery Cove etc. We have to limit the cost of holiday at some point and I thought I would keep this for the next time especially as she cannot yet swim.

Also has anyone gone on one of the dolphin excursions on the cruise and was it worth it (just in case I change my mind because I am a big softy really...especially when she gives me one of her smiles! )
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SnapperJohn
Imagineer

You will have no problem with this - you get to go up close at the feeding pool and can touch them or feed them as they swim past. Also you have done the right thing about DC - you need to be able to swim and hopefully the next time you go she will be able... then she will really get the best of this wonderful experience.
2005 - Villa in Highlands Reserve.
2007 - Personal credit crunch!
2008 - Highlands Reserve - can you see a pattern here?
2009 - Been back to the Highlands - Reserve that is!
2010 - Opps something went wrong here...
2011 - Normal service resumed!

2012 - Our Silver Anniversary trip!
SnapperJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scooterdevil
Imagineer

When we went in 2003 there was a photographer thats takes pictures of random people feeding them,We had some lovely pictures of me and ds feeding and stroking the dolphins
Old 28 May 08, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

thanks for the reply. You have really confirmed what I was thinking. If you can get close to them at the feeding pool at Seaworld then I think that would be perfect on this trip.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hayleyandhilda
Imagineer

when i went to seaworld in 06 i feed the dolphins and the photograther on the other side of the pool managed to get a picture of me and DD stroking it
2015 sunset lakes - dibbvilla owed by sunset lakes
hayleyandhilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are taking my 5 year old to stroke the dolphins she was too young last time and missed out.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

thats good to know. I think taking the kids on an excursion or visiting Discovey Cove would not be worth it on this occasion.
Old 28 May 08, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

On our first visit to Florida i got really upset because the dolphin show was not open but luckily we were walking further dow and there was a pool of dolphins and you could even feed them as well ! The dolphin show was open the next time we went and it is definetely a must see
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have never been to discovery cove because it is so expensive, we will have fun and spend money on parks and going out but I think my daughter will be happy stroking a dolphin as well as everything else we will be doing!
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 08, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

To make sure you get a photo at SW, send someone with a decent zoom camera to the other side of the feeding pool.

You're not always guaranteed to get an official photo!

Also they've started to limit the number of people allowed in during feeding (I think).

DLP 2001. Holiday Inn Maingate West 2003, 2005, Villas of Somerset 2007. Indian Point 2008. AKV 2010. AKV & BLT 2011. VB & AKV 2013. NYC, AKV, VGF 2015. AKV & VGF 2017. OKW & AKV 2019.
Anzolo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread