Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 14, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Bringing back a stunt scooter

Hi,

We are going to Florida in just a few more weeks, yay! and our 10 year old son wants to buy a new stunt scooter while we are there.

We are flying with BA, will we have any problems bringing this back (1st leg of journey is with Aer Lingus but on a BA flight no)

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 14, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Will you check in the box instead of another piece of luggage? Or can it fit into another case?

They won't just take it as an extra...
Old 15 May 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If it folds will it fit in a suitcase? It it's in your luggage and within allowance it wouldn't be a problem I would've thought, people bring all manor of things home I bet from their holidays
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 14, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Would it not come under sporting goods... From BA website

Many types of sports equipment can be carried as part of your free checked baggage allowance or as part of an additional purchased allowance if required. We'll even accept some types of equipment over our standard checked baggage size.
Old 16 May 14, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
Would it not come under sporting goods... From BA website

Many types of sports equipment can be carried as part of your free checked baggage allowance or as part of an additional purchased allowance if required. We'll even accept some types of equipment over our standard checked baggage size.
Yes, I think I will have to make a call to BA - it says on their website that they accept sporting goods but had better check. I thought someone may have done this before as the stunt scooters are so popular nowThanks anyway
Old 16 May 14, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

They are not much cheaper BTW and you will have to go out of your way to find the "good ones". The ones in Toy R Us and the like are not that good. Stunt/Push Scooters out there are not as popular as here.

My Son was also very particular about the brand he wanted which made it harder.

I will also say that some good scooters do need to be assembled and if there is a piece missing (which happens) the risk is that you have to find the part in the UK (as the warranty will be honoured by the retailer only and it maybe a local warranty only in the US). Often you also only find a fault with the clamps or bearings by trying the scooter out for a couple of hours.

As for carriage its just another piece of luggage. And can be treated as such if you keep it in the box. This means as above, assemble, check/test, take to bits and repackage. A good half day spent on the scooter.

I know decent suppliers in the UK if you want to check their prices before you go who have given brilliant support in the past.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 14, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
uk-florida2011
Excited about Disney

I bought a big holdall & put a peddle bike in & didn't come across any problems so don't think you will with a scooter
uk-florida2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 14, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My so also found he couldn't get the particular scooter he wants four there and ended up buying one back home with his birthday money. I don't think there is much in it money wise.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
My so also found he couldn't get the particular scooter he wants four there and ended up buying one back home with his birthday money. I don't think there is much in it money wise.
I assumed that there would be a wider choice over there, I think I will check out the websites for Florida and compare them to what we can get here in Dublin.

Thanks for all the advice
Old 18 May 14, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Stunt scooters aren't a big thing here, that's why theres not much choice.
Closed Thread