Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
well im screwed as I dont own a credit card! can I refuse the car as its already prepaid and catch magical express?
Use a debit card, they are perfectly fine.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaupink
Helping Mickey

Debit card is fine as long as it is visa
Beaupink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Can someone clarify this for me - I've booked via BA and linked it all. When I log into proffered it tells me we owe £344 I assume this will be exchanged for our voucher?
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Ha- I have this exact same question! It states £445 to pay - assume that's where the BA car voucher comes in. Can anyone shed any light?
Old 29 Jul 16, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatterr
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
Ha- I have this exact same question! It states £445 to pay - assume that's where the BA car voucher comes in. Can anyone shed any light?
Yes, the voucher stands as payment for the car hire.
MadHatterr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I checked with avis preferred before we left at the beginning of the month as my account stated an outstanding balance. Avis confirmed that I had a zero balance to pay on their system. When I collected the car they didn't even take the voucher and I have the paperwork with a zero balance from when I handed car back.
Rae4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rae4 View Post
I checked with avis preferred before we left at the beginning of the month as my account stated an outstanding balance. Avis confirmed that I had a zero balance to pay on their system. When I collected the car they didn't even take the voucher and I have the paperwork with a zero balance from when I handed car back.
How much was the preauthorisation on your card?
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Spud_work
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Picked up an avis car in vancouver a couple of days back that was booked through BA and they have held £201.44 on my credit card. So looks like it is the £200 noted in the opening thread with a little variation for the exchange rate used.
Spud_work is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
How much was the preauthorisation on your card?
Nothing actually showed up on our card . So sorry can't help there.
Rae4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BGB
slightly serious Dibber

All car hire companies take Pre auth. used to be £100 but now looks like they want more.

Means if you prang it and dispute they have the right to take £200 at least

We were preauthed by avis for $100 when we were there in July. (my credit card App shows pending transactions and it was in there)

I used BA and this was prepaid... however i still ended up with a charge and i have queried this with BA..

July 1980 - WDW Idrive hotel, Sept 1997 - DLC Anaheim Hotel, Oct 2001 - Universal Orlando Idrive Hotel, Feb & Jun 2007 - Disneyland Paris Disney Hotels, Jul 2012 - Terra Verde Villa and WDW Jul 2016 - Terra Verde Villa & Universal

Edited at 08:47 AM.
BGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread