Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Straight To Garage with Alamo

Hi

I hope someone can help. I seem to be reading lots of different answers and although I read all the sticky it never answered my concerns.

I have booked and pre-paid via another party although the booking is with Alamo. I have completed the On-line Check-in. I have the email confirmation and the details are all correct. I did not get asked at any point to fill out m credit card details which is why I am now asking if this document allows me to go straight to the garage. Some people seem to think I have the necessary document i.e. Confirmation with the bar code but some others seem to think this is not enough. Now confused.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I am having the same problem. I did OLCI just now but have not received an email confirmation and there no button anywhere that I can select for "skip the counter".
When I try to enter the online check-in again, I did get a confirmation (with a barcode) that I have checked-in but it tells me to go to the counter or the kiosk.

I have already tried to open a new tab on my browser but nothing related to skip the counter would show up. Maybe I am just not entitled for it. I do have a prepaid booking with a third party.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Old 12 Jul 16, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Try this, go back in to Alamo on line check in, while that is open, open another window and type in Alamo save time, somehow the information goes from one to the other, it works for many people on here, it worked for me, give it a try. All you have done so far is Alamo check in and have yet to do to save time. I have not received no email from Alamo or to say I have checked in but I have the print out needed.

Edited at 02:57 PM.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Tinkerella is right. Both OP's - You haven't completed the 2nd part of the process and you should do that.
Now, you can go straight to the garage and pick your own car without doing 'skip the counter' as I have done it having failed no matter what I tried to do to get the 2nd part done.

However the 2nd tab trick normally works well. As an aside no matter who you book an Alamo car with you can do skip the counter contrary to what Alamo tell you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We arrived on Thursday and our friends had only checked in and hadn't realised they needed to to the straight to garage thing. They just went with us any way and had no problem at the kiosk. Looks like you dont really need to do this.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks. All

What's an OP? No matter what I try all I can do is check-in online and that is where it ends no 2nd page to complete.

I have the Check in confirmation and Barcode printed and others say that's enough. Provide a credit card and driving licence at exit and away we go ! I hope

Thanks
Old 12 Jul 16, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Thanks. All

What's an OP? No matter what I try all I can do is check-in online and that is where it ends no 2nd page to complete.

I have the Check in confirmation and Barcode printed and others say that's enough. Provide a credit card and driving licence at exit and away we go ! I hope

Thanks
OP is Original Poster. Give the 2nd tab on your PC a go, it does work!

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Using the second tab method didn't work for me, but another Dibber posted details of another way round the problem. I was just opening up another tab in Google chrome, but if you search for Bing (search engine) and use that to search for Alamo skip the counter - for some reason this worked for me.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks I'm about to do olci so this is very useful.

Is it possible that Alamo deliberately make this process difficult to ensure some people have to go to the counter, and so they get a chance to sell them extras they don't need?
Old 12 Jul 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Parrys View Post
Thanks I'm about to do olci so this is very useful.

Is it possible that Alamo deliberately make this process difficult to ensure some people have to go to the counter, and so they get a chance to sell them extras they don't need?
It easy if you book direct with Alamo, not so easy with a 3rd party supplier. However Virgin have a dedicated link that's the easiest of the lot.

Closed Thread